DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:34:00 PM (view original):
First, I'm not saying sexual attraction should be controlled.

Second, I think a lot of things can be controlled but we, as a people, choose not to.  Behavior can be changed.   So the real question is "Can the inner workings that control that behavior be changed?"   I think so.   Clockwork Orange-type ****.
So you have no point? I'm going to start calling you bis-lite. All of the idiot trolling packed into posts significantly shorter than a doctoral thesis.
5/1/2013 2:36 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 2:15:00 PM (view original):
"You agreed that there might be some homosexuals who chose that lifestyle.   Some have argued that choosing to be homosexual does not mean you get the same rights to marriage.    Now we just need to sort out who chose to be a homosexual and who had the uncontrollable sexual attraction to the same sex.   Then we can argue who should be allowed to be legally married."

I'll use common sense (Why would a heterosexual choose to be in a homosexual relationship?) and personal experience and say at least 99% of people in homosexual relationships have an attraction to the same sex.  You will now ask "How do you know?!?!?" and I'll probably decide to ask you that question every time you make a statement regarding anything.
I think you know why hetero would choose that lifestyle.   You and your buddy have repeatedly pointed out how much more difficult the other option would be to choose.
Huh? I have no idea why a heterosexual would choose a homosexual relationship. Mind sharing?
Well, I misread your post.   Nonetheless, I'm sure you've heard of girls dating "undesirables" to stick it to their family.    Do you not think dating the same sex would work the same way?   Wouldn't dating qualify as a relationship?
Posted by bistiza on 5/1/2013 2:33:00 PM (view original):
YES, I UNDERSTAND THAT'S HOW YOU DEFINE PEOPLE IN REGARDS TO SEXUALITY.

No, you do NOT understand.

This is NOT "how I define people". It is how LOGICAL REASONING defines people - I simply choose to recognize it, while you deny it whenever it fits your agenda.
Holy ****, I don't have an agenda.
Fine, you guys are right.  Tired of this ****.  We'll tell homosexuals to just have heterosexual relationships and be done with it.
5/1/2013 2:37 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 2:36:00 PM (view original):

Second, I think a lot of things can be controlled but we, as a people, choose not to.  Behavior can be changed.   So the real question is "Can the inner workings that control that behavior be changed?"   I think so.   Clockwork Orange-type ****.
So you have no point? I'm going to start calling you bis-lite. All of the idiot trolling packed into posts significantly shorter than a doctoral thesis.
You don't like my point.

You say "sexual attraction cannot be controlled" without any basis for your belief.    I think it can.   Pavlov's dog, if nothing else. 
5/1/2013 2:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:36:00 PM (view original):
"You agreed that there might be some homosexuals who chose that lifestyle.   Some have argued that choosing to be homosexual does not mean you get the same rights to marriage.    Now we just need to sort out who chose to be a homosexual and who had the uncontrollable sexual attraction to the same sex.   Then we can argue who should be allowed to be legally married."

I'll use common sense (Why would a heterosexual choose to be in a homosexual relationship?) and personal experience and say at least 99% of people in homosexual relationships have an attraction to the same sex.  You will now ask "How do you know?!?!?" and I'll probably decide to ask you that question every time you make a statement regarding anything.
I think you know why hetero would choose that lifestyle.   You and your buddy have repeatedly pointed out how much more difficult the other option would be to choose.
Huh? I have no idea why a heterosexual would choose a homosexual relationship. Mind sharing?
Well, I misread your post.   Nonetheless, I'm sure you've heard of girls dating "undesirables" to stick it to their family.    Do you not think dating the same sex would work the same way?   Wouldn't dating qualify as a relationship?
Regardless of the action, the underlying attraction is unchanged. That person still prefers one gender over the other.

*in my opinion. Fo da *****.
5/1/2013 2:38 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 2:37:00 PM (view original):
Fine, you guys are right.  Tired of this ****.  We'll tell homosexuals to just have heterosexual relationships and be done with it.
Is this the 9th or 10th time you're done in this thread?
5/1/2013 2:39 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:38:00 PM (view original):

You don't like my point.

You say "sexual attraction cannot be controlled" without any basis for your belief.    I think it can.   Pavlov's dog, if nothing else. 
I base that opinion on my own personal experience.

When did you experience a change in gender preference?
5/1/2013 2:40 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 2:39:00 PM (view original):

Regardless of the action, the underlying attraction is unchanged. That person still prefers one gender over the other.

Didn't you agree that sexual attraction could change?     Maybe Daddy's girl gets into the girl on girl thing.
5/1/2013 2:40 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 2:40:00 PM (view original):

You don't like my point.

Is it possible that your personal experience does not apply to every other human being on earth?
5/1/2013 2:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Might be 12.  Is there a limit, forum police?  
5/1/2013 2:43 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/1/2013 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Might be 12.  Is there a limit, forum police?  
Nah.  I just find it almost as funny as the "If WifS doesn't fix this, I'm leaving the site" threads. 
5/1/2013 2:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 2:40:00 PM (view original):

You don't like my point.

Is it possible that your personal experience does not apply to every other human being on earth?
Sure. That's possible. But based on my experience, I'd say that it's more likely that sexual attraction is not a choice. What experience do you have that leads you to believe the opposite, bis-lite?
5/1/2013 2:46 PM
Well those are stupid.  

I've admitted to being sucked back into conversations I care about, but where it's probably not wise to continue.  It's a flaw of mine.  I legitimately gave myself a headache here so I'm backing away from the computer once I finish some actual work stuff.
5/1/2013 2:47 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 2:39:00 PM (view original):

Didn't you agree that sexual attraction could change?     Maybe Daddy's girl gets into the girl on girl thing.
In your example of an asexual that develops sexual attraction, sure. But I don't think the change can be controlled.
5/1/2013 2:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...116|117|118|119|120...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.