DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Pretty sure you think none of them are good enough to remove a "right" that isn't really a right unless you qualify for it.     SS couples do not qualify. 

Pretty sure I don't care about your religion or the belief system behind it.    But, if you wanted to lobby against gun ownership, I'd consider that a good enough reason to do so.   Because, you know, I'm not close-minded nor do I want to tell people how to live their life.

5/3/2013 4:37 PM
And, with that, I'm off to the gym.   I'll be sure to tell any gay people I see that you're on their side.
5/3/2013 4:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/3/2013 4:37:00 PM (view original):

Pretty sure you think none of them are good enough to remove a "right" that isn't really a right unless you qualify for it.     SS couples do not qualify. 

Pretty sure I don't care about your religion or the belief system behind it.    But, if you wanted to lobby against gun ownership, I'd consider that a good enough reason to do so.   Because, you know, I'm not close-minded nor do I want to tell people how to live their life.

And if someone's religion endorses gay marriage, where would you fall?
5/3/2013 4:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/3/2013 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/3/2013 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Why should we prohibit gay marriage? In order to prevent gay marriage. Genius.
We've been thru this.   I'll ramble off a couple so you can say "No, that's not a good enough reason".

The tradition of marriage.  Man, woman, blah, blah, blah.
Some find homosexuality offensive and allowing marriage would seem to condone it.
Some find homosexuality an affront to their God.   Legally acknowleding a homosexual union is to spit on their belief system.   Worse than offensive.
Some believe it's just a money grab for job/government benefits.

OK, this is where you say "No, none of those are acceptable."   Then we're back on page 5 or 6.

GO!!!!

You forgot "opens the door for polygamous marriage." That was at least 30 pages worth.
5/3/2013 4:48 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/3/2013 4:48:00 PM (view original):
We've been thru this.   I'll ramble off a couple so you can say "No, that's not a good enough reason".

Some find homosexuality offensive and allowing marriage would seem to condone it.
Some find homosexuality an affront to their God.   Legally acknowleding a homosexual union is to spit on their belief system.   Worse than offensive.

OK, this is where you say "No, none of those are acceptable."   Then we're back on page 5 or 6.

GO!!!!

You forgot "opens the door for polygamous marriage." That was at least 30 pages worth.
I COMPLETELY forgot about that! Holy hell.
5/3/2013 4:50 PM
You know MikeT and Bistiza are getting desperate when they've resorted to 10+ pages of "gay marriage should be illegal because it is illegal.  It's a requirement to get married that you be of opposite genders."

"Why?"

"Because it's the law(/requirement)."

What's the point of debating whether the law is right when we can just assume that whatever is the law is right!

5/3/2013 11:57 PM
Let's just turn back the clock and say it is a requirement to marry someone of the same ethnicity. Marriage shall only be legal between a man and a woman of the same race.

Have at it MikeT and Bistiza.

5/4/2013 12:49 AM
I'm looking forward to the usual idiots taking this thread forward another 20 pages or so this week.
5/5/2013 9:38 PM
For the record, please do not try to associate me with MikeT23.  While I think it's hilarious that he has been running bad_luck in circles like I often do myself, that's where the similarities between he and I are at an end.

I never said gay marriage should be illegal because its illegal.  I've given several reasons for why I disagree with gay marriage, but that certainly wasn't one of them.

5/6/2013 8:32 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/3/2013 4:48:00 PM (view original):

GO!!!!

It does change the definition of marriage from one man/one woman.   I was just throwing that in with "The tradition of marriage".   It's the blah, blah, blah part.
5/6/2013 12:42 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/3/2013 4:41:00 PM (view original):

Same place as I fall now.   SSM is not legal in most states.   So I don't care about your religion or belief system.

5/6/2013 12:43 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/6/2013 12:43:00 PM (view original):

Same place as I fall now.   SSM is not legal in most states.   So I don't care about your religion or belief system.

So "right" is whatever the law says? Good critical thinking.
5/6/2013 2:04 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/3/2013 11:57:00 PM (view original):
You know MikeT and Bistiza are getting desperate when they've resorted to 10+ pages of "gay marriage should be illegal because it is illegal.  It's a requirement to get married that you be of opposite genders."

"Why?"

"Because it's the law(/requirement)."

What's the point of debating whether the law is right when we can just assume that whatever is the law is right!

This.
5/6/2013 2:05 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/6/2013 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/6/2013 12:43:00 PM (view original):

So "right" is whatever the law says? Good critical thinking.
Morally speaking, I don't care about SSM.  Right/wrong aren't part of the equation. 

But, if you want to argue "right", I'll find some religious person to explain why homosexuality is "wrong". 
5/6/2013 3:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...133|134|135|136|137...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.