DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

In all seriousness biz, I quickly read through your last post.  If I was making the argument you were making, my response would be:

"You are gay if you act gay.  You are straight if you act straight.  Actions determine what you are and what you aren't.  Race is genetic, it's not something that is controllable.  You control who have sex with.  It's simple logic.

It's typical that someone who can't argue logically against a minority viewpoint would fall upon "You're crazy! There's something wrong with you."  I'm speaking the truth, if you don't want to accept that, fine.  But don't call me crazy just because you can't make a legitimate argument.  If you can, try, but you haven't yet."

One of the reasons people a lot of people have stopped arguing with you and are simply making fun of you is because it's difficult/unpleasant to argue when you take apart each sentence from the point you are arguing against and say basically the same thing over and over again.  Was there anything in the quoted portion above that didn't cover something you said in the 1000 word essay you just wrote?
5/13/2013 9:42 AM (edited)
Can biz truly have zero self-awareness of how he really is, or is he just pulling everybody's leg with this act?

"Biz" is aware of EXACTLY what's going on.

In a nutshell: Several of you have majority opinions you don't like being challenged in a way you can't handle, so you'll attack the person rather than try to make any legitimate argument.

Those kinds of things have never worked, and they won't start working now. So if you've got nothing else, just give up. You don't even have to admit you've got nothing. Just stop pulling ridiculous stuff out of your collective ***es and drop it and this argument will be over. But if you keep trying, I'll keep pointing out how pathetic it is, just because it amuses me how predictable you are and to know I've reduced you to this.
But he's been so consistent with his message that I'm really not sure . . . he just may really be this self delusional.

The truth is always consistent, which is why when I keep telling you what it is, it doesn't change.

Apparently neither does your predictable attack on me because you have no legit argument.

5/13/2013 9:38 AM
One of the reasons people a lot of people have stopped arguing with you and are simply making fun of you is because it's difficult/unpleasant to argue when you take apart each sentence from the point you are arguing against and say basically the same thing over and over again.

I wasn't aware that I was supposed to be making it easy or pleasant to argue with me.

Perhaps I should launch a bunch of insults and personal attacks and make no real argument like a boorish child and people would find that easier and more pleasant to deal with since it seems to match most of their abilities.

If you can't handle arguing with someone who systematically takes your position apart, maybe you should just say as much and just give up. Or don't even say anything and just give up.

Then again, it is entertaining to watch people struggle because they can't actually defend their strongly held opinions, so I'm fine if you keep it coming too.
5/13/2013 9:42 AM
You're not "systematically" doing anything besides being obtuse and wordy.  Was there anything in the 100 words I wrote that didn't cover something in the 1000 words you wrote?

People have begun to insult you rather than argue because they aren't reading your posts.
5/13/2013 9:46 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/13/2013 9:42:00 AM (view original):
In all seriousness biz, I quickly read through your last post.  If I was making the argument you were making, my response would be:

"You are gay if you act gay.  You are straight if you act straight.  Actions determine what you are and what you aren't.  Race is genetic, it's not something that is controllable.  You control who have sex with.  It's simple logic.

It's typical that someone who can't argue logically against a minority viewpoint would fall upon "You're crazy! There's something wrong with you."  I'm speaking the truth, if you don't want to accept that, fine.  But don't call me crazy just because you can't make a legitimate argument.  If you can, try, but you haven't yet."

One of the reasons people a lot of people have stopped arguing with you and are simply making fun of you is because it's difficult/unpleasant to argue when you take apart each sentence from the point you are arguing against and say basically the same thing over and over again.  Was there anything in the quoted portion above that didn't cover something you said in the 1000 word essay you just wrote?
I stopped arguing with him because A) he's an obvious troll B) I know I wouldn't read even 10% of his wordy posts. 
5/13/2013 9:47 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/13/2013 9:46:00 AM (view original):
You're not "systematically" doing anything besides being obtuse and wordy.  Was there anything in the 100 words I wrote that didn't cover something in the 1000 words you wrote?

People have begun to insult you rather than argue because they aren't reading your posts.
Actually I was being nice when I said 1000 words.  Did a word count, your last post had 1144 words in it.
5/13/2013 9:48 AM
So he was being succinct, by his standards, in his response?
5/13/2013 9:51 AM
Yea maybe.  

He thinks that by saying the same thing over and over again, it helps his argument.  Instead, it's just annoying.
5/13/2013 9:54 AM
Posted by bistiza on 5/13/2013 9:38:00 AM (view original):
Can biz truly have zero self-awareness of how he really is, or is he just pulling everybody's leg with this act?

"Biz" is aware of EXACTLY what's going on.

In a nutshell: Several of you have majority opinions you don't like being challenged in a way you can't handle, so you'll attack the person rather than try to make any legitimate argument.

Those kinds of things have never worked, and they won't start working now. So if you've got nothing else, just give up. You don't even have to admit you've got nothing. Just stop pulling ridiculous stuff out of your collective ***es and drop it and this argument will be over. But if you keep trying, I'll keep pointing out how pathetic it is, just because it amuses me how predictable you are and to know I've reduced you to this.
But he's been so consistent with his message that I'm really not sure . . . he just may really be this self delusional.

The truth is always consistent, which is why when I keep telling you what it is, it doesn't change.

Apparently neither does your predictable attack on me because you have no legit argument.

For God's sake . . . I stopped arguing with you weeks ago, because it's a complete waste of time.  You refuse to acknowledge viewpoints that differ from your own because, by your mind, any argument that is opposed to your own is inherently "wrong".

Seriously, I've just been making fun of you for weeks on end.
5/13/2013 10:02 AM
His logical arguments destroyed you. 
5/13/2013 10:05 AM
5/13/2013 10:23 AM

I already systematically took the opposing viewpoint apart, including every argument attempt to support it.

As I said to you before, I wasn't aware it was my job to make it easy or pleasant for you to argue against me. Perhaps I could be more concise, but the points are the same. If a bit of wordiness is all you've got left to use against me, I would suggest you simply give up.

Then they have given up, which as I said, is fine.

That doesn't stop me from having a bit of fun with them, though, and it has been.
I stopped arguing with him because A) he's an obvious troll B) I know I wouldn't read even 10% of his wordy posts.
We already discussed how I'm not a troll based upon any number of commonly accepted ways trolls are said to exist.

If you don't want to read my posts, no one is making you.
He thinks that by saying the same thing over and over again, it helps his argument.  Instead, it's just annoying.
I repeat myself because people don't pay attention the first time. If they had, they wouldn't need me to repeat things that have already been said.

I don't think it helps the argument I'm making, which has already been made quite clearly.

So if it annoys you that I repeat things, maybe you should advise people to read what I've already posted and don't ask questions to which I've already answered.
For God's sake . . . I stopped arguing with you weeks ago, because it's a complete waste of time.
Yes, I'm sure it is. Like I said before, suck it up and learn to argue better or just accept that you can't get it done and stop wasting your time.
You refuse to acknowledge viewpoints that differ from your own because, by your mind, any argument that is opposed to your own is inherently "wrong".
No, not at all.

I acknowledge all viewpoints and the arguments that go with them. You're just angry because I'm able to effectively use logical reasoning to shoot down your personally held position.

Your position is "wrong" because logical reasoning say so, not because I oppose it.  Stop being angry at me for pointing out how your argument doesn't make logical sense - I'm just the messenger.
Seriously, I've just been making fun of you for weeks on end.
Really? Because all you've managed to do is make me laugh at your antics. Usually when you make fun of someone else they don't end up laughing at you in the end.  I guess you can't even get it right when your supposed intent is to make fun of me.

I'd suggest you go back to arguing with me since you're so terrible at making fun of others, but arguing with me was a much bigger epic failure for you, so I guess you're just a soldier without a cause now.
5/13/2013 11:12 AM
"If a bit of wordiness is all you've got left to use against me, I would suggest you simply give up."

Give up what?  I stopped arguing a while ago because we were going in circles.  And it's not "a bit".

Was there anything in the 1144 word post you said that couldn't be stated in the 100 post I made?

"If a bit of wordiness is all you've got left to use against me, I would suggest you simply give up."

Give up what?  I stopped arguing a while ago because we were going in circles.  And it's not "a bit".

Was there anything in the 1144 word post you said that couldn't be stated in the 100 post I made?

5/13/2013 11:18 AM

The wordiness IS "a bit" and is only necessary because of people asking the same questions or posting the same information. If you don't like it, tell them to stop doing that, and then I wont' have to respond the same way so much.

And if you stopped arguing, what are you still doing here?

I structure my posts so that people can't be confused as to who or what I am specifically responding to - although, of course, anyone can respond in return as that is how message boards work.

By the way, I don't repeat everything verbatim for no reason like you're doing here. I simply address what others say. If you don't like me doing that, perhaps you should tell them to stop saying the same things that keep generating the same responses from me.

5/13/2013 11:33 AM
"The wordiness IS "a bit""

It's not. It's 11 times as long as it needs to be, as shown in my example.

"
perhaps you should tell them to stop saying the same things that keep generating the same responses from me."

Can you imagine if I argued the same way you do, in arguing with you?  By taking apart every sentence and giving the same response? Holy ****.

5/13/2013 11:38 AM
◂ Prev 1...148|149|150|151|152...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.