DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

I forgot about Flynn.  Starting Wilson over Flynn would probably not be smart.
5/23/2013 3:15 PM
Wouldn't be the first rookie Wilson that beat him out for the job.
5/23/2013 3:30 PM
True, and I said the same thing last year and was very wrong.  So...
5/23/2013 3:31 PM
Correctly applied logical analysis says that both of those guys are better QB's than Tom Brady.
5/23/2013 3:42 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bistiza on 5/23/2013 11:20:00 AM (view original):
No, people actually do finally get tired of beating their head on a wall after awhile.

Believe me, I get it. When you're used to overwhelming people with your majority opinions, it can be incredibly frustrating when someone with actual debate skills comes along and challenges your opinion using logical reasoning.

When that happens, you might actually have to defend your opinion with something more than "because I say so" and "because we all agree".  If your attempts are debunked over and over again, of course you get frustrated and begin "beating your head on the wall".
Just because you can be a dumbass forever doesn't mean others can or will.

Actually that's EXACTLY what many of you are doing: Being ignorant forever.

You can't come up with a single legitimate argument to support your opinions. Instead of learning from the mistakes you're making, you just get frustrated and attack the person who has shown you how weak your arguments are.

I'm being honest here: Maybe you should take this as a learning opportunity. Explore why you REALLY think your opinion is correct, not just because you think so or because others think so too. Step back, learn some logical reasoning for what you believe, and that way if you once again are challenged by someone who actually knows how to argue, you'll be better prepared.

When I see someone who uses logical reasoning, I'll let you know.
5/23/2013 9:06 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/23/2013 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Correctly applied logical analysis says that both of those guys are better QB's than Tom Brady.
Easily.  Brady's not even in the same ballpark.
5/23/2013 9:28 PM
When I see someone who uses logical reasoning, I'll let you know.

Wonderful. You've agreed to let me know when you see logical reasoning. 

That means I'll know if you ever learn what logical reasoning is, because when you do, you'll have an epiphany that I've been using it throughout this argument and then you'll come back to let me know.

My guess is that it'll never happen. You've so far shown no desire to learn anything about how logical reasoning works, and I doubt that will somehow change in the future. Still, it's nice to know I'll get confirmation if it does.

Like I said before, take this as a learning opportunity. LEARN what logical reasoning is and how it works and why I've been able to use it to shred your arguments here. Then if you are once again challenged by someone who actually knows how to argue, you'll be better prepared.
5/24/2013 8:35 AM
Well I did learn you are a switch hitter.

You got that going for ya, which is nice.

(Make sure you say that last line out loud, in your best Carl Spackler)
5/24/2013 9:33 AM
Well I did learn you are a switch hitter.
It's nice to know you think EVERYONE is a "switch hitter", since I'm not any more of a "switch hitter" than any other straight man. That makes you a "switch hitter," too, or didn't you think of that?

Thanks for the laugh. I've been getting a lot of those in this thread. Most of them have been from people scrambling after I shred their arguments, but this was a nice change of pace.
?
5/24/2013 9:39 AM
5/24/2013 9:46 AM
This one reminds me of you:

5/24/2013 9:48 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/24/2013 9:46:00 AM (view original):
Bored before work.....thought I'd poke a stick in the cage. 

In better news, the bar is expanding.  Should be triple the size when we open it on December 1st!  Soon, my days of pouring beer behind it will be over.  Thought you'd love to hear that nugget of news!
5/24/2013 9:50 AM
So you'll be busing tables?   Frying burgers?
5/24/2013 9:59 AM
Haha, I'll gladly bus tables.

Running the show! About to become THE destination for craft beer, south of Seattle. I'm pumped. Only thing holding us back was our size. We already get people coming from out of state to visit, bout to get a whole lot more of that.
5/24/2013 10:24 AM
◂ Prev 1...169|170|171|172|173...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.