DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Are we witnessing a complete miket23 meltdown?
7/2/2013 12:34 PM
Yes, homosexuals can't reproduce.  Obviously.

I guess I'm missing a point then.
7/2/2013 12:35 PM
I think I got it. Sterile women should not be able to adopt.
7/2/2013 12:36 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 7/2/2013 12:35:00 PM (view original):

Would the inability to reproduce create an obstacle in "getting" children?    With SS or OS?

7/2/2013 12:36 PM
I'm checking out of the whole gay marriage and gay parenting conversation because I'm tired of spinning in circles with the dumbasses who won't let the conversation go.

Instead, I'll ask a loosely related question which is somewhat being touched upon now in this thread: when is somebody considered homosexual?

The background: my son has a classmate who he's been good friends with since first grade, so almost eight years now.  The friend (we'll call him "B") fits all the classic stereotypes of homosexuality . . . he doesn't like sports (other than gymnastics), he's into performing in theater groups (musicals, singing dancing, etc.), he's very much into going to NYC to see Broadway shows, etc.  He's overly sensitive to, well, just about everything.  His preferred circle of friends seems to be "hanging with the girls", though he does have some male friends that he does associate with (my son being one of them).

Before anybody jumps all over me for using stereotypes, I'll just say this: I went to school with a handful of kids who showed many of the same "classic stereotypes" as B . . . they now are all adult homosexual men.

B is 13, hasn't quite reached puberty yet, but it's pretty clear where his sexuality is oriented.  I'm not sure if he realizes it yet.  I'm not sure if my son realizes this about his friend.  But my wife and I have recognized his sexuality as long ago as nearly four years ago when B was nine.  His dad has made comments to me in the past, when we were talking about my sons, that after two daughters he was excited when B was born so that he would have a son that he could do "father/son" things with like I do with my boys, "But instead, I got B".  And my wife has been told that B's parents have both discussed B's sexuality among themselves, have fully accepted it, and have even talked to B's two older sisters and informed them that B was gay.

So my question is: would one refer to B as "gay", or would one refer to B as "going to be gay", since I don't think B has recognized or acknowledged it himself.
7/2/2013 12:39 PM (edited)
Posted by deathinahole on 7/2/2013 12:36:00 PM (view original):

Don't care about them either.    Your desire to raise children isn't my problem.

7/2/2013 12:37 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/2/2013 12:36:00 PM (view original):

Would the inability to reproduce create an obstacle in "getting" children?    With SS or OS?

Yes.  And?
7/2/2013 12:37 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/2/2013 12:36:00 PM (view original):
I'm checking out of the whole gay marriage and gay parenting conversation because I'm tired of spinning in circles with the dumbasses who won't let the conversation go.

Instead, I'll ask a loosely related question which is somewhat being touched upon now in this thread: when is somebody considered homosexual?

The background: my son has a classmate who he's been good friends with since first grade, so almost eight years now.  The friend (we'll call him "B") fits all the classic stereotypes of homosexuality . . . he doesn't like sports (other than gymnastics), he's into performing in theater groups (musicals, singing dancing, etc.), he's very much into going to NYC to see Brodway shows, etc.  He's overly sensitive to, well, just about everything.  His preferred circle of friends seems to be "hanging with the girls", though he does have some male friends that he does associate with (my son being one of them).

Before anybody jumps all over me for using stereotypes, I'll just say this: I went to school with a handful of kids who showed many of the same "classic stereotypes" as B . . . they now are all adult homosexual men.

B is 13, hasn't quite reached puberty yet, but it's pretty clear where his sexuality is oriented.  I'm not sure if he realizes it yet.  I'm not sure if my son realizes this about his friend.  But my wife and I have recognized his sexuality as long ago as nearly four years ago when B was nine.  His dad has made comments to me in the past, when we were talking about my sons, that after two daughters he was excited when B was born so that he would have a son that he could do "father/son" things with like I do with my boys, "But instead, I got B".  And my wife has been told that B's parents have both discussed B's sexuality among themselves, have fully accepted it, and have even talked to B's two older sisters and informed them that B was gay.

So my question is: would one refer to B as "gay", or would one refer to B as "going to be gay", since I don't think B has recognized or acknowledged it himself.
B's still a kid. He may or may not be gay.

Would you classify your own 13 year old son as straight now or would you wait?

EDIT genuine answer & question, not trying to be a dick
7/2/2013 12:39 PM
My son is 14, but he's shown no indications of being anything other than straight.  So I'm assuming he is.
7/2/2013 12:41 PM
And sure, B could indeed turn out to be straight.  I think it would suprise some people if he were, and some might wonder if it's just a case of repressed homosexuality.
7/2/2013 12:43 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/2/2013 12:39:00 PM (view original):

The background: my son has a classmate who he's been good friends with since first grade, so almost eight years now.  The friend (we'll call him "B") fits all the classic stereotypes of homosexuality . . . he doesn't like sports (other than gymnastics), he's into performing in theater groups (musicals, singing dancing, etc.), he's very much into going to NYC to see Broadway shows, etc.  He's overly sensitive to, well, just about everything.  His preferred circle of friends seems to be "hanging with the girls", though he does have some male friends that he does associate with (my son being one of them).

Ok, I have to leave. There's no discussing this.

This generation will have to wait for you and Mike and the rest of you to die, much like people of colour had to wait for a generation or two to roll over before things got better.

Am I ever glad I'm straight, white and male.
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/2/2013 12:37:00 PM (view original):

Don't care about them either.    Your desire to raise children isn't my problem.

We don't allow people to adopt because we want to fulfill their desire to have kids, we allow people to adopt because there are kids out there that need homes.

Honestly, you are a bistiza quality troll. Golf clap.

If you aren't a troll, you are among least intelligent people on earth.
Posted by burnsy483 on 7/2/2013 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/2/2013 12:36:00 PM (view original):

Yes.  And?
Choosing to practice homosexuality creates an obstacle in "getting" children, right?

As outlined previously, if practicing homosexuality makes them happy, good for them.    But, along with that, is the inability to reproduce.    Deciding "I'd like a little baby" doesn't change that.
Posted by bad_luck on 7/2/2013 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/2/2013 12:37:00 PM (view original):

We don't allow people to adopt because we want to fulfill their desire to have kids, we allow people to adopt because there are kids out there that need homes.

Honestly, you are a bistiza quality troll. Golf clap.

If you aren't a troll, you are among least intelligent people on earth.
Coming from you, that really stings.

Hope I can get over it.
7/2/2013 12:44 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/2/2013 12:43:00 PM (view original):
And sure, B could indeed turn out to be straight.  I think it would suprise some people if he were, and some might wonder if it's just a case of repressed homosexuality.
My point is that he's still a kid. He probably doesn't even know if he is gay or straight.
7/2/2013 12:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...260|261|262|263|264...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.