Tellin' it Like it Is!! Topic

Tellin' it like it is . . . . Check this out . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkzNL69L_h0&feature=youtu.be

5/20/2013 11:06 AM (edited)
Why would you bump your own ignorance like this?  I voted against Obama twice, but the stupid but loud conservative faction still ****** me the hell off...  Shouldn't the "conservatives" favor upholding the Constitution and its protections for those accused of crimes?  Apparently not.

Are you a fan of Guantanamo Bay?
6/4/2013 10:33 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
NO

UNAMERIKAN

SMELLS LIKE STALIN
6/5/2013 11:23 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 6/4/2013 10:33:00 PM (view original):
Why would you bump your own ignorance like this?  I voted against Obama twice, but the stupid but loud conservative faction still ****** me the hell off...  Shouldn't the "conservatives" favor upholding the Constitution and its protections for those accused of crimes?  Apparently not.

Are you a fan of Guantanamo Bay?

Ignorance?  I beg your pardon.  I didn't put this here to get called names. . . . .
I'm an American . . . . a veteran by the way. . . .  

Listen . . . . grow up buddy . . . .  you didn't vote . . . . . As your owner name indicates, you are a hs (high school) debater.  Get a life

Guantanamo Bay?  Absolutely!!
6/20/2013 12:33 PM
What a load of horseshit.
6/20/2013 12:50 PM
I'm a grad student, I have voted in every election since I turned 18 (including primaries), and frankly, I think it's ridiculous that anyone who joined the military FOR A PAYCHECK thinks they get to consider themselves more patriotic than everyone else for the rest of their lives.  It's a job, and if you include the long-term benefits it's one of the most lucrative career paths available to people without college degrees.  Or with college degrees if they work it right.  And now everyone else is supposed to give you extra respect for that?  Sorry, not gonna happen.

Guantanamo Bay blatantly violates the Geneva convention, in addition to just being obviously inhumane and improper.  Most of the people held there were not directly involved in terrorist activity.  Many of them are women  and children, or at least were children when initially imprisoned.  The #1 reason it hasn't been closed down is because as soon as we release the people there and they start talking about the torture and substandard living conditions the rest of the world will have tangible proof that we've violated the Geneva Convention for years.  It's just a giant, self-perpetuating mess at this point.  Anyone who thinks it's a good thing that it exists at this point is frankly not likely to say anything relevant in any kind of political discussion.

Not that you really discussed politics.  All you did was insult me and straight up say that I didn't vote.  Which you have no evidence for, of course, since you are completely wrong.  Been using the same web ID since I WAS in high school because it's easier that way...  But I mean seriously, how stupid are you.  I joined the site in 2004.  If I WAS in high school in 2004 I could still have voted in 2008 and 2012.  Even if I had been a freshman in 2004.  Seriously, think about your personal attacks for at least 2 seconds, lest you come off sounding like such a moron...
6/20/2013 4:33 PM
It doesn't matter if you "put this here to get called names."  Seriously, you're the one telling me to grow up?  You posted on an internet message board.  You're inherently opening yourself up to a whole host of potential responses, one of which is for people to call you out on the utter ridiculousness of what you posted.  You can't just expect the entire world to agree with you.  Particularly when you post a video proposing blatantly unconstitutional actions.  Not only unconstitutional but really scary and dangerous.  If we decide we can just start throwing civil liberties out the window when we feel that it's appropriate, without a constitutional justification, that's a really frightening door we're opening.

And what's the relevance of your being an American?  I assumed you were an American.  So what?  Do you really have friends who are willing to concede to your political views because you're an American and a veteran?  I'm sorry, I'm an American too.  And as a (voting) American I would much prefer to see the Constitution upheld.  If being an American is so important to you, shouldn't you also value the document that has formed the basis for our system of government for over 200 years?
6/20/2013 10:50 PM
6/21/2013 8:38 AM
Tellin' it Like it Is!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.