Trayvon Martin Topic

For what it's worth...with what they had to work with, there was no choice but to acquit.  It was poorly prosecuted and trying to prove Murder 2 there was never going to happen.  I think if the chick on the phone hadn't have lied twice, the verdict could have gone another way.
7/17/2013 10:05 AM
My problem is with the Stand Your Ground law.  It's way too ambiguous.
7/17/2013 10:07 AM
Posted by The Taint on 7/17/2013 9:50:00 AM (view original):
He may not have been holding it, he may have pulled it out and put it back in his waist band.  I just think it's odd that you won't for one second think that it was Trayvon standing his ground, when it was Zimmerman who initiated this entire chain of events.  Standing your ground doesn't mean you need to shoot a person either, it could mean you kick the **** out of them.

I assume you didn't follow the trial.

Star prosecution witness detailed what happened up until a punch was thrown.   She was on the phone with him when the first punch was thrown.   TM said "crazy-*** cracker is following me" and "Why you following me?"    Then a punch was thrown.   No mention of a gun.   Don't you think he would have mentioned a gun?

7/17/2013 10:12 AM
Posted by The Taint on 7/17/2013 10:02:00 AM (view original):
I think for most people it's that they see the person that caused the whole situation to occur, walked away scott free, while the kid who was just walking through a neighborhood, minding his own business, was killed.
"caused the whole situation to occur"?

Dude was neighborhood watch.   Watching strangers is part of the gig.   The "situation" was the violence.
7/17/2013 10:14 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/17/2013 10:12:00 AM (view original):
He may not have been holding it, he may have pulled it out and put it back in his waist band.  I just think it's odd that you won't for one second think that it was Trayvon standing his ground, when it was Zimmerman who initiated this entire chain of events.  Standing your ground doesn't mean you need to shoot a person either, it could mean you kick the **** out of them.

Star prosecution witness detailed what happened up until a punch was thrown.   She was on the phone with him when the first punch was thrown.   TM said "crazy-*** cracker is following me" and "Why you following me?"    Then a punch was thrown.   No mention of a gun.   Don't you think he would have mentioned a gun?

I have no idea.  No one does.
7/17/2013 10:24 AM
Posted by The Taint on 7/17/2013 10:24:00 AM (view original):

So he's essentially giving her a play by play yet leaves out the crazy-*** cracker is holding a gun?

7/17/2013 10:25 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/17/2013 10:14:00 AM (view original):
I think for most people it's that they see the person that caused the whole situation to occur, walked away scott free, while the kid who was just walking through a neighborhood, minding his own business, was killed.

Dude was neighborhood watch.   Watching strangers is part of the gig.   The "situation" was the violence.

So if Zimmerman had just called the police from his car, and sat there and waited for them to come, would any of this have happened?

7/17/2013 10:25 AM
Remove her testimony and you can sell me on a lot of ****(even with her testimony you can sell me a lot of ****).

GZ was a racist.
GZ was hoping someone would "give me a reason."
GZ was glad it was a black kid.
GZ made the call to 911 to create an alibi.

You cannot tell me that GZ was holding a gun on TM while he was on the phone with RJ.   That's just ******* retarded.
7/17/2013 10:27 AM
Posted by The Taint on 7/17/2013 10:25:00 AM (view original):

So if Zimmerman had just called the police from his car, and sat there and waited for them to come, would any of this have happened?

If TM hadn't gone to the store would any of this happened?

GZ was following a stranger in the neighborhood.    He apparently approached him.   Has anyone ever walked up to you?
7/17/2013 10:29 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/17/2013 10:25:00 AM (view original):

So he's essentially giving her a play by play yet leaves out the crazy-*** cracker is holding a gun?

She testified that Martin told her that a “creepy-*** cracker” was following him but that he thought he had evaded him. But she said a short time later, Martin let out a profanity.

Martin said the man was behind him, and Jeantel heard Martin ask: “What are you following me for?”

She then heard what sounded like Martin’s phone drop into the grass and she heard him say, “Get off! Get off!”

The phone then went dead, she said.

I can't tell anything from that, you tell me Encyclopedia Brown.

7/17/2013 10:29 AM
Posted by The Taint on 7/17/2013 10:29:00 AM (view original):

She testified that Martin told her that a “creepy-*** cracker” was following him but that he thought he had evaded him. But she said a short time later, Martin let out a profanity.

Martin said the man was behind him, and Jeantel heard Martin ask: “What are you following me for?”

She then heard what sounded like Martin’s phone drop into the grass and she heard him say, “Get off! Get off!”

Common sense says "Dude has a gun".

If you want to suspend reality, feel free to continue to do so.
7/17/2013 10:32 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/17/2013 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 7/17/2013 10:25:00 AM (view original):

If TM hadn't gone to the store would any of this happened?

GZ was following a stranger in the neighborhood.    He apparently approached him.   Has anyone ever walked up to you?
If TM had ever been born..would any of this had happened?  Let's just blame his father! 

7/17/2013 10:32 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/17/2013 10:32:00 AM (view original):

Reality says that a guy getting his head repeatedly smashed into the concrete, has a hard time coming up with a concealed gun. 

It's funny how the only person who gets to use conjecture is you.  You have no idea what happened that night, yet you are 100 percent willing to give Zimmerman the benefit of the doubt and exonerate him from any wrong doing.  The only people who know what happened is the guy who was acquitted and the dead kid.
7/17/2013 10:35 AM
Posted by The Taint on 7/17/2013 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/17/2013 10:32:00 AM (view original):

Reality says that a guy getting his head repeatedly smashed into the concrete, has a hard time coming up with a concealed gun. 

It's funny how the only person who gets to use conjecture is you.  You have no idea what happened that night, yet you are 100 percent willing to give Zimmerman the benefit of the doubt and exonerate him from any wrong doing.  The only people who know what happened is the guy who was acquitted and the dead kid.
If you're not fighting back, or only trying to get a gun, you've got a couple free hands.

The closest thing we have to an eyewitness is RJ.   TM did NOT mention a gun to her when common sense says he would have.
7/17/2013 10:38 AM
And, for the record, I'm not exonerating anybody.   I personally think GZ had worked himself up and intended to make sure anyone he felt was "out of place" was questioned(by him or the cops).    Whether his intention was to shoot them if given reason could be argued.   However, if that was his intention, I don't think he waits until he's getting his *** kicked. 
7/17/2013 10:41 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...22 Next ▸
Trayvon Martin Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.