Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Posted by examinerebb on 10/8/2013 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/8/2013 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 10/8/2013 12:57:00 PM (view original):
It's also widely thought that UPS is using the ACA as an excuse to do this. They've been looking to do it forever.

How many companies are using the ACA as en excuse to once again maximize profits?
Yep.

Companies were free to cut benefits in the past with the only downside being that everyone would think they were ****** companies.

Now they can do it and blame it on the ACA. No downside!!!!

Blame the companies, not the ACA. The ACA expands healthcare access.
Yes, Let's blame ANYTHING but the ACA.

Here in Washington, Children's Hospital isn't being included as a covered provider for the exchange-based coverage programs because of cost.  Of course, I'm sure that's the fault of the insurance companies, not the ACA.

I'll rest easy when my employer chooses to pay the penalty and my family ends up on the exchange, without my 3 kids having access to Children's Hospital, knowing that the ACA is not at fault for any of it.
Actually, Children's is included in two of the eight plans and is suing the state to be included in the others. 
10/8/2013 2:47 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/8/2013 2:45:00 PM (view original):
In BL's "Land of Make Believe", everything is just as he said.  Along with cute puppies riding unicorns as they jump over rainbows.
In your make believe land, every premium increase or coverage reduction is the fault of the ACA. Because rates have never gone up before and people have never been dropped from a health plan before.
10/8/2013 2:51 PM
Awesome.  I feel much better.  As long as the pre-eminent provider of specialized children's healthcare only has to sue the government to be able to provide its services to the masses, the ACA is a rousing success.
10/8/2013 2:52 PM
This would be a lot easier if you could just bring yourself to say "Universal healthcare is a fantastic idea, but the ACA is an incredibly poorly thought out law."  We would all agree and move on.
10/8/2013 2:55 PM
Posted by examinerebb on 10/8/2013 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Awesome.  I feel much better.  As long as the pre-eminent provider of specialized children's healthcare only has to sue the government to be able to provide its services to the masses, the ACA is a rousing success.
The hospital is still available in two plans on the exchange.

Did your employer drop your coverage?
10/8/2013 2:55 PM
Posted by examinerebb on 10/8/2013 2:55:00 PM (view original):
This would be a lot easier if you could just bring yourself to say "Universal healthcare is a fantastic idea, but the ACA is an incredibly poorly thought out law."  We would all agree and move on.
Universal health care is a great idea. The ACA is imperfect.
10/8/2013 2:56 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/8/2013 2:51:00 PM (view original):
In BL's "Land of Make Believe", everything is just as he said.  Along with cute puppies riding unicorns as they jump over rainbows.
In your make believe land, every premium increase or coverage reduction is the fault of the ACA. Because rates have never gone up before and people have never been dropped from a health plan before.
And in your Land of Make Believe, the ACA resolves all the problems with healthcare in the US of A, with absolutely zero downside or negative impact.  TO ANYBODY!!

I can't wait to discuss 2014 healthcare enrollment with my wife tonight!!
10/8/2013 2:59 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/8/2013 2:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/8/2013 2:51:00 PM (view original):
And in your Land of Make Believe, the ACA resolves all the problems with healthcare in the US of A, with absolutely zero downside or negative impact.  TO ANYBODY!!

I can't wait to discuss 2014 healthcare enrollment with my wife tonight!!
Never said it solves all problems. It solves some problems.
10/8/2013 3:06 PM
For the "some problems" that it solves, does it offer the best solution?

If not, is it more likely that (a) a better solution will be pursued, or (b) there will be a sense of "meh, good enough"?
10/8/2013 3:39 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/8/2013 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2013 1:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/7/2013 8:36:00 AM (view original):
Wasn't easy to find but here's a lefty site that agrees with me(I assume a right wing site would be met with "Phhhttt. Righty site nonsense."

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10/01/shutdown-government-real-reason/

Link a lefty side that disagrees with him, STFU badluck up.

Neat trick. 

Do you want to keep that argument going, because it seemed pointless. You always accuse me of not letting things go...what exactly do you want here?
Perhaps admit it's very simplistic to say "The shutdown is over Obamacare."

Of course, that would be you saying "Yeah, I wasn't exactly right" and we know that's not going to happen.

But I do find it funny, as soon as the topic changed, you were back in full post mode.
10/8/2013 4:02 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/8/2013 3:39:00 PM (view original):

If not, is it more likely that (a) a better solution will be pursued, or (b) there will be a sense of "meh, good enough"?
No. The best solution would be universal health care. But that's not viable right now.

It's more likely that a better solution will be worked out if we leave the ACA in place. Incremental improvements happen in steps. Repealing the ACA makes it less likely that an ideal solution will be put into place.
10/8/2013 4:24 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2013 4:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/8/2013 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2013 1:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/7/2013 8:36:00 AM (view original):
Wasn't easy to find but here's a lefty site that agrees with me(I assume a right wing site would be met with "Phhhttt. Righty site nonsense."

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10/01/shutdown-government-real-reason/

Link a lefty side that disagrees with him, STFU badluck up.

Neat trick. 

Do you want to keep that argument going, because it seemed pointless. You always accuse me of not letting things go...what exactly do you want here?
Perhaps admit it's very simplistic to say "The shutdown is over Obamacare."

Of course, that would be you saying "Yeah, I wasn't exactly right" and we know that's not going to happen.

But I do find it funny, as soon as the topic changed, you were back in full post mode.
The reasoning given by the GOP for the shutdown is Obamacare. The Tea Party Republicans always want to cut spending. So, ok, big picture, they are doing this because they want the government shut down. So what? It's still a terrible idea.

I was in meetings all day yesterday, it had nothing to do with the topic changing.
10/8/2013 4:26 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/8/2013 4:24:00 PM (view original):

No. The best solution would be universal health care. But that's not viable right now.

It's more likely that a better solution will be worked out if we leave the ACA in place. Incremental improvements happen in steps. Repealing the ACA makes it less likely that an ideal solution will be put into place.
Let me ask you this, regardless of whether you're willing to acknowledge it can or will happen:

If, three years from now, millions of Americans have lost their employee-subsidized healthcare and end up on the exchanges with higher out-of-pocket costs and less benefits, will you think it was good that the ACA was left in place?
10/8/2013 4:32 PM
Posted by examinerebb on 10/8/2013 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/8/2013 4:24:00 PM (view original):

Let me ask you this, regardless of whether you're willing to acknowledge it can or will happen:

If, three years from now, millions of Americans have lost their employee-subsidized healthcare and end up on the exchanges with higher out-of-pocket costs and less benefits, will you think it was good that the ACA was left in place?
If that happens, it will be bad. It will mean that most health insurance companies have gone out of business.

I doubt it will though. The exchanges will force health insurance companies to put pressure on hospitals and doctors to reduce costs.
10/8/2013 4:42 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/8/2013 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by examinerebb on 10/8/2013 2:52:00 PM (view original):
The hospital is still available in two plans on the exchange.

Did your employer drop your coverage?
You didn't answer this.
10/8/2013 4:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...22|23|24|25|26...57 Next ▸
Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.