Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Sure. I'd imagine there's a small element of premium increases that can be attributed directly to the ACA, but premiums in general have been going up for years. That isn't the fault of the ACA.
11/21/2013 3:32 PM
So any business that attempts to justify reducing or eliminating benefits, or imposing things like spousal surcharges, by "blaming" the ACA is lying?
11/21/2013 3:36 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/21/2013 3:36:00 PM (view original):
So any business that attempts to justify reducing or eliminating benefits, or imposing things like spousal surcharges, by "blaming" the ACA is lying?
Businesses look to cut costs all the time. What does that have to do with the ACA?
11/21/2013 4:08 PM
I really don't feel like diggning back though this thread, but I'm fairly certain bl was arguing earlier that the ACA would drive down healthcare costs.  Now we're shifting to "Yes they're going up, but that's not the fault of the ACA."

We're also seeing preliminary polling that indicates the young, healthy people so vital to this system are more likely to pay the penalty than enroll for healthcare coverage.  If that bears out, we're adding a bunch of older, less healthy people to the system with no counterbalance.  What do we believe will happen to pricing then?  Will that also not be the fault of the ACA?
11/21/2013 4:19 PM
Posted by examinerebb on 11/21/2013 4:19:00 PM (view original):
I really don't feel like diggning back though this thread, but I'm fairly certain bl was arguing earlier that the ACA would drive down healthcare costs.  Now we're shifting to "Yes they're going up, but that's not the fault of the ACA."

We're also seeing preliminary polling that indicates the young, healthy people so vital to this system are more likely to pay the penalty than enroll for healthcare coverage.  If that bears out, we're adding a bunch of older, less healthy people to the system with no counterbalance.  What do we believe will happen to pricing then?  Will that also not be the fault of the ACA?
Long term health care costs and current year health care insurance premiums are not the same thing.
11/21/2013 4:21 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/21/2013 4:08:00 PM (view original):
Businesses look to cut costs all the time. What does that have to do with the ACA?
It's a yes/no question.

Are businesses who blame the ACA for reduced/eliminated benefits, or for the imposition of spousal surcharges, lying?
11/21/2013 4:50 PM
"Angels On The Moon"
( ...
song & lyrics by the band "Thriving Ivory"... )

Do you dream that the world will know your name?
So tell me your name
Do you care about all the little things
or anything at all?
I wanna' feel, all the chemicals inside
I wanna' feel
I wanna' sunburn, just to know that I'm alive
To know that I'm alive

Don't tell me if I'm dying
'Cause I don't wanna' know
If I can't see the sun, maybe I should go
Don't wake me 'cause I'm dreaming
Of angels on the moon
Where everyone you know
Never leaves too soon

Do you believe, in the day that you were born
Tell me do you believe?
Do you know, that every day's the first
Of the rest of your life?

'Cause I don't wanna know
If I can't see the sun
Maybe I should go
Of angels on the moon
Where everyone you know
Never leaves too soon.

This is to one last day in the shadows
And to know a brother's love
This is to New York City angels
And the rivers of our blood
This is to all of us
To all of us

'Cause I don't wanna' know
If I can't see the sun
Maybe I should go
Of angels on the moon
Where everyone you know
Never leaves too soon

You can tell me all your thoughts
About the stars that fill polluted skies
And show me where you run to
When no one's left to take your side
But don't tell me where the road ends
'Cause I just don't wanna' know
No I don't wanna' know

( ...a fitting anthem, for ALL of life... Can a physician heal himself ?...
So, why even trust the government to get in between U & your doctor?)

U guys are racking your brains, trying to figure-out something, that will
always be arbitrary & random, & will change again 2'morrow... YOU will
still be responsible (& in lien) for your Med bills, whether U qualify 4 any
any benefits, or tax breaks, or not... 1/6th of the entire economy sure will
effect the other 5/6ths of it, 4-sure... bad_luck doesn't understand it @ all.

11/21/2013 5:06 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/21/2013 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/21/2013 4:08:00 PM (view original):
It's a yes/no question.

Are businesses who blame the ACA for reduced/eliminated benefits, or for the imposition of spousal surcharges, lying?
I have no idea if they are lying. It's more complicated than a simple yes or no.
11/21/2013 5:27 PM
You have no idea.

The person who can so definitively express his opinions as fact on so many subjects has "no idea" on this question.

Yeah.  That's consistent.  And credible.

11/21/2013 5:58 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/21/2013 5:58:00 PM (view original):
You have no idea.

The person who can so definitively express his opinions as fact on so many subjects has "no idea" on this question.

Yeah.  That's consistent.  And credible.

You're asking me to tell you, definitively, if a group of people that I don't know, who may or may not have said something, are all lying?

11/21/2013 6:06 PM
No.  I want your opinion. You seem to have a lot of those on all sorts of different subjects that you are freely willing to share.

So, in your opinion, are they lying?
11/21/2013 6:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/21/2013 1:07:00 PM (view original):

i need 100 man hours to run my business.   I have two 40 hour employees and a part-timer for 20 hours.   No healtcare benefits are offered.  After Obamacare, i have to offer healthcare benefits to the two 40 hour employees or pay a fine.    So I hire a 4th and all 4 now work 25 hours.  Since I run a lawncare service, it's not that big of a deal if the previous 2 full-time employees quit.   I can find someone else who knows how to cut grass and lay sod.  A lot of people are still out of work.
Was Mike lying when he said this?

Or when he said the government could sell treasury bonds to eliminate the deficit?

Or when he said that Bernie Williams and Edgar Martinez were comparable offensive players?

Or was he just terribly misinformed?

11/21/2013 6:11 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/21/2013 6:11:00 PM (view original):

i need 100 man hours to run my business.   I have two 40 hour employees and a part-timer for 20 hours.   No healtcare benefits are offered.  After Obamacare, i have to offer healthcare benefits to the two 40 hour employees or pay a fine.    So I hire a 4th and all 4 now work 25 hours.  Since I run a lawncare service, it's not that big of a deal if the previous 2 full-time employees quit.   I can find someone else who knows how to cut grass and lay sod.  A lot of people are still out of work.

Or when he said the government could sell treasury bonds to eliminate the deficit?

Or when he said that Bernie Williams and Edgar Martinez were comparable offensive players?

"Was Mike lying when he said this?"

I'm pretty sure this is a hypothetical, since to the best of my knowledge Mike does not run a lawncare service.

"Or when he said the government could sell treasury bonds to eliminate the deficit?"

I don't know enough about treasury bonds to have an opinion on how selling them impacts the deficit.

"Or when he said that Bernie Williams and Edgar Martinez were comparable offensive players?"

Certainly not a lie.  Definitely an opinion.  But certainly one that has more merit than believing that Kenny Lofton should merit HOF consideration.

11/21/2013 6:45 PM
KENNY LOFTON!!!!
11/21/2013 6:47 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/21/2013 6:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/21/2013 6:11:00 PM (view original):

"Was Mike lying when he said this?"

I'm pretty sure this is a hypothetical, since to the best of my knowledge Mike does not run a lawncare service.

"Or when he said the government could sell treasury bonds to eliminate the deficit?"

I don't know enough about treasury bonds to have an opinion on how selling them impacts the deficit.

"Or when he said that Bernie Williams and Edgar Martinez were comparable offensive players?"

Certainly not a lie.  Definitely an opinion.  But certainly one that has more merit than believing that Kenny Lofton should merit HOF consideration.

You don't know enough about treasury bonds to know that selling treasury bonds doesn't reduce the deficit?
11/21/2013 7:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...50|51|52|53|54...57 Next ▸
Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.