2016 Presidential Race Topic

Posted by bronxcheer on 9/6/2015 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Sarah Palin said in this interview that immigrants in this country need to learn to speak "American". She qualified this statement by saying that she studied both Spanish and French in high school but couldn't learn either one of them because she kept getting them mixed up.
Palin is a dumbass. So is McCain for lifting her into the political limelight.
9/8/2015 10:57 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 9/6/2015 10:54:00 AM (view original):
TRUMP IS OUT BY JAN. 31,2016

BOOK IT!

WAGER?  6-PACK OF TEAMS + FORUM BAN FOR A MONTH!
No need. A Trump nomination will be more than satisfactory. I'd also be very happy with Walker.

Absolutely NO Jeb. Rubio is Ok but he lacks experience imo and would be a much better presidential candidate in 4-8 years. I really like Cruz but he also lacks experience (moreso than Rubio) - and would be privy to making many of the novice mistakes Obama has made.

Carson and Fiorina don't stand a chance at the nomination.
9/8/2015 11:04 AM
Trump is gaining ground on the minority voters now too... From the SurveyUSA poll this weekend:

Results from all voters nationally:
Trumps gets
25% of the Black vote
31% of the Hispanic vote
41% of the Asian vote

To put that in perspective:

"Looking at the last 10 presidential election cycles, the highest black vote share for a Republican was 12% for Bob Dole in 1996."
9/8/2015 11:10 AM
Donald Trump Believes His Supporters Are Morons. He's Right. 

Donald Trump could pay people to cobble together a coherent political platform and train him to repeat it, if he wanted to. But why bother? He can simply give racism, “the Bible,” and a few outrageous insults of public figures to you, the least informed slice of the electorate, and receive your full-throated support in return. In this sense, Donald Trump’s campaign is easy. He just does what comes naturally. The only remarkable thing about him is his staggering level of support in the polls. I would say that he has pulled off an amazing con, but “con” implies some sort of devious and clever plot. What Donald Trump has done is much simpler: he has correctly assessed the imbecility of the public, and found that it matches his own preferred level of rhetorical rambling. The rest is presidential history.
9/8/2015 2:25 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/8/2015 2:25:00 PM (view original):
Donald Trump Believes His Supporters Are Morons. He's Right. 

Donald Trump could pay people to cobble together a coherent political platform and train him to repeat it, if he wanted to. But why bother? He can simply give racism, “the Bible,” and a few outrageous insults of public figures to you, the least informed slice of the electorate, and receive your full-throated support in return. In this sense, Donald Trump’s campaign is easy. He just does what comes naturally. The only remarkable thing about him is his staggering level of support in the polls. I would say that he has pulled off an amazing con, but “con” implies some sort of devious and clever plot. What Donald Trump has done is much simpler: he has correctly assessed the imbecility of the public, and found that it matches his own preferred level of rhetorical rambling. The rest is presidential history.
This kind of article is great for Trump.

He is gaining ground because Republicans are SICK of being called stupid, or low-information voters, etc by liberals, politicos, and even their own side of the aisle (that has been complacent at their own jobs).. And the more and more over the next 5 months these articles continue to come out the more and more his 'sucker supporters' will back him. What you don't understand is articles like this drive people passionately to trump, not away from him.

Trump is brilliant.
9/8/2015 3:36 PM
Yes. Republicans are sick of being called stupid. So, to disprove the point and really stick it to Dems, they're going to nominate...Donald Trump.

Great. *******. Plan.
9/8/2015 4:21 PM

Donald J. Trump, who received draft deferments through much of the Vietnam War, told the author of a forthcoming biography that he nevertheless “always felt that I was in the military” because of his education at a military-themed boarding school.

Mr. Trump said that his experience at the New York Military Academy, an expensive prep school where his parents had sent him to correct poor behavior, gave him “more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military.”

www.nytimes.com/2015/09/09/us/politics/donald-trump-likens-his-schooling-to-military-service-in-book.html

If a Democrat said anything close to this, they would get slaughtered in the press.

9/8/2015 4:52 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/8/2015 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Yes. Republicans are sick of being called stupid. So, to disprove the point and really stick it to Dems, they're going to nominate...Donald Trump.

Great. *******. Plan.
Trump is already trending up in favorability nationally, albeit not as fast as he is with Republican voters. When it's head to head and he gets more exposure (and starts spending $$) against a lame duck Democrat nominee I suspect more and more people will get on board with the trump message.... Washington is broken, Society is too PC, Americans have become a bunch of sissies and need to show some fight. I hear democrats, independents, and republicans all suggest disgust with Washington politics. It's not just Republicans like you suggest.

Time will tell... But I think his Raise taxes on the Rich, Planned Parenthood is OK platforms will resonate well with democrats and in particular the youth vote. Blacks don't come out and vote in droves for Hillary like they did Obama.

9/8/2015 5:28 PM
LOL

Please nominate him.

Otherwise, Clinton might lose.
9/8/2015 5:43 PM
Posted by moy23 on 9/8/2015 11:10:00 AM (view original):
Trump is gaining ground on the minority voters now too... From the SurveyUSA poll this weekend:

Trumps gets
25% of the Black vote
31% of the Hispanic vote
41% of the Asian vote

"Looking at the last 10 presidential election cycles, the highest black vote share for a Republican was 12% for Bob Dole in 1996."
I'd have to question any poll that has him getting 31% of the Hispanic vote.
9/8/2015 5:50 PM
Posted by genghisxcon on 9/8/2015 5:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 9/8/2015 11:10:00 AM (view original):

Trumps gets
25% of the Black vote
31% of the Hispanic vote
41% of the Asian vote

I'd have to question any poll that has him getting 31% of the Hispanic vote.
Further clarified.... Those #s are derived from Trump going head to head nationally with Hillary Clinton.
9/8/2015 6:11 PM (edited)
I'd still question that poll.

And, again, primary polls, especially primary polls this far out, aren't useful.
9/8/2015 6:13 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/another-instagram-video-trump-mocks-low-energy-bush-n423616

''Jeb, for all your sleeping needs'
9/8/2015 6:26 PM
More potential bad news for Clinton:

Senators propose immunity for Hillary Clinton staffer to testify on email server

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/8/hillary-clinton-emails-senators-offer-immunity-bry/
9/8/2015 10:48 PM
WASHINGTON TIMES LOL

REVEREND MOON
9/9/2015 5:04 AM
◂ Prev 1...76|77|78|79|80...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.