2016 Presidential Race Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 5/11/2016 12:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 5/11/2016 11:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/11/2016 11:02:00 AM (view original):
Non-participation in electing someone worse than Obama is always an option.
Lil Marco and I agree that's as good as a vote for Hillary. It's an option, just understand it's implications.
The implication of people voting for Trump is that Trump might get elected.

That's certainly not a good option.
Exactly. After I vote, I have to live with my conscience. Now, I could vote for Trump and, should he win, watch 4 years of disaster. I could vote for Hillary, and should she win, watch 4 years of disaster. Either way, I made a conscience decision to vote for 4 years of disaster. I could abstain and watch 4 years of disaster with a clear conscience and be able to say "The general public is so stupid. How could anyone vote for this fucktard?"
5/11/2016 1:14 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/11/2016 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Lil Marco and I agree that's as good as a vote for Hillary. It's an option, just understand it's implications.

Exactly. After I vote, I have to live with my conscience. Now, I could vote for Trump and, should he win, watch 4 years of disaster. I could vote for Hillary, and should she win, watch 4 years of disaster. Either way, I made a conscience decision to vote for 4 years of disaster. I could abstain and watch 4 years of disaster with a clear conscience and be able to say "The general public is so stupid. How could anyone vote for this fucktard?"
Good rationalization but that's all that is. It would be true if a no vote wasn't the equivalent of a vote for Hillary. In essence you may trick yourself to 'think' you have a clear mind but your actions would have in fact contributed to getting Hillary in office. You CHOSE 4 years of disaster with Hillary by your actions/inactions.
5/11/2016 2:03 PM
Still trying that logic and rationale thing with Mike? Let us know how that turns-out.
5/11/2016 2:26 PM
Posted by moy23 on 5/11/2016 2:04:00 PM (view original):

Good rationalization but that's all that is. It would be true if a no vote wasn't the equivalent of a vote for Hillary. In essence you may trick yourself to 'think' you have a clear mind but your actions would have in fact contributed to getting Hillary in office. You CHOSE 4 years of disaster with Hillary by your actions/inactions.
I understand that's what Trump's supporters are selling. My counter is that my vote has to be earned. It's not an auto-Republican vote(I voted for MR. Clinton twice). Trump isn't deserving. So my vote isn't for Hillary. My vote is for nobody.
5/11/2016 2:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/11/2016 2:38:00 PM (view original):

I understand that's what Trump's supporters are selling. My counter is that my vote has to be earned. It's not an auto-Republican vote(I voted for MR. Clinton twice). Trump isn't deserving. So my vote isn't for Hillary. My vote is for nobody.
Many people currently voting for "nobody" will now consider Trump. According to poll results yesterday, the number of people reluctant to vote for either candidate is moving downwards.

Hillary Clinton has been around for so long, exuding the same unpleasant vibes, that I think she's static. What could she possibly say, now, to win more supporters?... Trump, on the other hand, has a chance to win more voters (or turn them off so much that they vote for Hillary). That's what I like here, strategically. Trump has agency. Hillary doesn't.

I heard an interview yesterday with Dennis Kucinich of all people, and he said that he's open to voting for Trump (though undecided) because Trump has touched on many of the key ideas he supports (namely non-interventionism, and shifting focus to rebuilding the US rather than foreign wars).
5/11/2016 3:18 PM

You're somehow under the delusion that, despite the fact that Hillary is a horrible choice for President, that Trump would be a better choice.

He's not. Trump is a far more horrible choice for President than Hillary.

I can't stand Hillary Clinton. A year ago, there was no possible scenario in which I would prefer to see President Hillary over anybody the GOP would put up.

Then along came presumptive GOP nominee Donald J. Trump.

Nice work, Republicans.
5/11/2016 3:18 PM
As Jackass John Oliver said, Trump is a mascot. Part of being President IS being a mascot (or a "cheerleader"). Look at Reagan. No, I'm not saying Reagan and Trump are similar, but in this respect they have something in common.

All the best-known and most respected Presidential historians have written about the importance of Presidents acting as mascots/cheerleaders.
5/11/2016 3:26 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/11/2016 2:38:00 PM (view original):

In that case you make a valid argument. I mistook you as a right leaning individual, seems I was wrong.
5/11/2016 3:45 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/11/2016 3:18:00 PM (view original):

You're somehow under the delusion that, despite the fact that Hillary is a horrible choice for President, that Trump would be a better choice.

He's not. Trump is a far more horrible choice for President than Hillary.

I can't stand Hillary Clinton. A year ago, there was no possible scenario in which I would prefer to see President Hillary over anybody the GOP would put up.

Then along came presumptive GOP nominee Donald J. Trump.

Nice work, Republicans.
How can you say that?. I'm a Trump supporter and I don't even know what Trump will do in office. I do however know what a Hillary presidency wuld look like.
5/11/2016 3:47 PM
I am a right-leaning individual. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who says otherwise. But that's beside the point.

Nonetheless, your last post indicates that Trump COULD be worse than Hillary. So why are you so sure he's a good choice?
5/11/2016 4:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...319|320|321|322|323...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.