Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 10:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 10:15:00 AM (view original):
A) Black cop arrests white male for marijuana possession.  Nobody says anything.

B) White cop arrests black male for marijuana possession.  RACIST! PROFILING! THIS IS ****** UP! RIOT! PROTEST!

Do you see the problem?

Racism does exist.  But to jump to that conclusion and to react the way Ferguson has, without proof that racism was involved, is insanity.  
But that's not the way it is. People aren't seeing two marijuana arrests and screaming racism.

Instead, you see racism when you look at the system as a whole. There's no reason that blacks would be arrested for marijuana possession three times as often as whites despite a same rate of usage, yet, they are.
That's fine, look at the problem as a whole. Are people in Ferguson looking at the problem as a whole? What are they reacting to?
8/28/2014 10:37 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 10:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 10:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 10:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 10:12:00 AM (view original):
"So, when you ask, why is there outrage this time, the answer is not racism or a rush to blame whitey. The answer is that there is doubt that this shooting is justifiable."

Why DO you think that the shooting of an unarmed man in Utah was justifiable? 

I don't, necessarily.
So there's doubt that both shootings were justifiable.
Is there? I don't know. What evidence do we have from the SLC shooting?
A man was unarmed and shot and killed.  Regardless of race, that's a HUGE red flag that the shooting wasn't justifiable.  
8/28/2014 10:38 AM
I think they are. They aren't just mad because one black kid was possibly murdered. They're mad at the entire system.
8/28/2014 10:39 AM
Posted by The Taint on 8/28/2014 10:36:00 AM (view original):
I wonder how many people here have cops in their families. My dad was a cop. Three brother in law california highway patrolmen and a cousin who is a Washington State Trooper currently are currently cops. One of my best friends is an Oakland cop.

I've looked at death scene photos off personal cell phones, I've smoked weed that was confiscated from a perp, I have a Perp's Oakland Raider starters jacket in my closet. Dude dropped it while being chased. Sweet coat. I've been to cop parties where everyone sits around and talks about the ******'s they busted, both arrested and pummeled. I had a "get out of jail free" business card for years when I lived in the Bay Area. You guys don't know jack **** about jack ****. If you believe cops about anything you are foolish. ****, they're allowed to legally lie.

There's a whole lotta old white guy up in this place.

Oh, and a K9 dog ****** where it's handler tells it to ****. ****, my dog ****** where it's told to **** when she's on her leash. I'm betting any of yours do too.
I'll repeat myself.  RACISM DOES EXIST. But it doesn't mean you have to jump to the conclusion that in one particular instance, that racism was the reason.
8/28/2014 10:40 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 10:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 10:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 10:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 10:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 10:12:00 AM (view original):
"So, when you ask, why is there outrage this time, the answer is not racism or a rush to blame whitey. The answer is that there is doubt that this shooting is justifiable."

Why DO you think that the shooting of an unarmed man in Utah was justifiable? 

I don't, necessarily.
So there's doubt that both shootings were justifiable.
Is there? I don't know. What evidence do we have from the SLC shooting?
A man was unarmed and shot and killed.  Regardless of race, that's a HUGE red flag that the shooting wasn't justifiable.  
Ok. Feel free to be mad about it. I won't hold it against you.
8/28/2014 10:40 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 10:39:00 AM (view original):
I think they are. They aren't just mad because one black kid was possibly murdered. They're mad at the entire system.
You're out of your mind.

Are there protests if this doesn't happen?  Since they're so upset about the system.
8/28/2014 10:41 AM
Posted by The Taint on 8/28/2014 10:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 10:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 10:39:00 AM (view original):
You're out of your mind.

Are there protests if this doesn't happen?  Since they're so upset about the system.
Really? Dude you need to read some history.
So if that cop doesn't shoot that kid, Fergsuon gets up and protests the next day?
8/28/2014 10:47 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 9:47:00 AM (view original):
The guy in SLC wasn't killed because of his skin color right? We don't know for sure, but I think that is something that we can assume.

You can't say the same thing about Brown.

That's the difference.
Why can't you say the same thing about the Brown shooting?
8/28/2014 10:50 AM
Racism exists.  If you're protesting the system that's in place, then don't do it in a way that makes everyone (including yourself) look worse.  Reacting in a way that requires the national guard to intervene, when you don't know the facts on why you started protesting in the first place, looks bad.
8/28/2014 10:55 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/27/2014 11:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 8/27/2014 8:09:00 PM (view original):
What's the basis for thinking that whites smoke indoors and blacks smoke in their cars?
None. Just saying that "Look at the numbers" is kind of dumb.    There are a lot of circumstances in play.
What are the circumstances? Do you have some completely unsubstantiated claims to add to toddcommish's "black people smoke outside, white people smoke indoors"?
8/28/2014 11:16 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.