Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Posted by The Taint on 8/28/2014 10:43:00 AM (view original):
Do you have your dog around angry mobs often? Is your dog K9 trained? Do you really hVe any idea what you are talking about? I'm betting the answer to all three are no.

I do think the cop could have prevented the dog from ******* on it.

No but the cop was from a force that was disbanded because of racial problems. The entire force was disbanded. All of them fired.

I do.  He is.  Absolutely.

So you obviously think the cop saw the opportunity and, on the spur of the moment, thought "**** YEAH!!! NOW I'VE GOT A REASON TO KILL ME A BLACK MAN TODAY!!!"
8/28/2014 1:51 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 8/28/2014 11:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/27/2014 11:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 8/27/2014 8:09:00 PM (view original):
What's the basis for thinking that whites smoke indoors and blacks smoke in their cars?
None. Just saying that "Look at the numbers" is kind of dumb.    There are a lot of circumstances in play.
What are the circumstances? Do you have some completely unsubstantiated claims to add to toddcommish's "black people smoke outside, white people smoke indoors"?

Don't know the circumstances.  Do you?

8/28/2014 1:53 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 8/28/2014 1:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 8/28/2014 1:09:00 PM (view original):
"but the protests do bring attention to the problem and force us to examine ourselves."

Do you think that's what's happening here?  Or what will happen as a result of this?

Like it always has before?

Really?

Are you saying that protests don't bring attention to racial problems?
It certainly brings attention.  Probably not the kind of positive attention you seem to think it does.

Do you think anything positive will come out of the Ferguson incident, and the ensuing reactions from the black community?

I think people are already paying more attention to racial matters. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some structural changes to how police departments operate. More black officers, more cameras on the cops, better training, regular reviews of the demographics of traffic stops and arrests, etc.
LOL.

Maybe in your make-believe land of rainbows and unicorns, something positive will come from this.
8/28/2014 1:54 PM
Or better yet, it will happen in the make-believe world of "Hope!" and "Change!".

Because we see how well that's worked out so far.

8/28/2014 1:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 1:35:00 PM (view original):
I'd argue (and have argued) that this particular situation isn't doing any good for anyone.  
The people of Ferguson believe they live in a town run by a racist police force. Other than moving, what else can they do?
Something other than throwing molotov cocktails at the national guard.
8/28/2014 1:57 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/28/2014 1:54:00 PM (view original):
"but the protests do bring attention to the problem and force us to examine ourselves."

Do you think that's what's happening here?  Or what will happen as a result of this?

Really?

It certainly brings attention.  Probably not the kind of positive attention you seem to think it does.

Do you think anything positive will come out of the Ferguson incident, and the ensuing reactions from the black community?

I think people are already paying more attention to racial matters. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some structural changes to how police departments operate. More black officers, more cameras on the cops, better training, regular reviews of the demographics of traffic stops and arrests, etc.
LOL.

Maybe in your make-believe land of rainbows and unicorns, something positive will come from this.

Double LOL.  

Yeah, remember how the LA riots brought about sweeping change?    Nothing like that will every happen again.    You know, until a NY cop chokes out a large black man or a MO cop shoots a large black man. 

8/28/2014 1:57 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/28/2014 1:54:00 PM (view original):

Really?

LOL.

When you say "this," are you referring to the protests? Because, other than the initial riots and looting by a small amount of people, the protests are peaceful. Or are you referring to the death of Brown, which is bad, regardless of any progress that is made?

Regarding the people of Ferguson, what would you suggest? They believe they live in a town run by a racist police force. Other than moving, what else can they do?

8/28/2014 2:01 PM (edited)
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 1:35:00 PM (view original):
I'd argue (and have argued) that this particular situation isn't doing any good for anyone.  
The people of Ferguson believe they live in a town run by a racist police force. Other than moving, what else can they do?
Something other than throwing molotov cocktails at the national guard.
No one is advocating that and, from what I can tell, the protests have been peaceful since the initial riots died down.
8/28/2014 2:01 PM
Actually, looking at the timeline of events, the riots and looting did continue for several days after the shooting. That's bad, obviously.
8/28/2014 2:05 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Actually, looking at the timeline of events, the riots and looting did continue for several days after the shooting. That's bad, obviously.
Yes, have you been paying attention? It's a mess.
8/28/2014 2:10 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/28/2014 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Lets see, in an 8 mile radius you've got one police force who's chief was fired because he was targeting blacks.  Another police force that was completely disbanded because of racial issues and corruption, and now this and the problems go further in Ferguson than just the MIchael Brown issue.  The shooting was just the tipping point of long built up racial tension.
Exactly.
8/28/2014 2:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.