Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Actually, looking at the timeline of events, the riots and looting did continue for several days after the shooting. That's bad, obviously.
Yes, have you been paying attention? It's a mess.
In terms of what's worse:

Several days of protests and clashing with the police < A terribly racist police force and the possible murder of a teenager by the police
8/28/2014 2:13 PM
They're both bad.  And "possible murder" does not mean "murder."  Several days of violent protests over a "possible murder" is a bad thing.
8/28/2014 2:16 PM
****, I hate the way Washington is run. I'm going to go rob stores in DC and throw molotov cocktails at the Capitol.  And then blame congress for my actions.  Hey, I reached a tipping point.
8/28/2014 2:17 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 2:17:00 PM (view original):
****, I hate the way Washington is run. I'm going to go rob stores in DC and throw molotov cocktails at the Capitol.  And then blame congress for my actions.  Hey, I reached a tipping point.
Not even close to the same and you know it.
8/28/2014 2:23 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 2:16:00 PM (view original):
They're both bad.  And "possible murder" does not mean "murder."  Several days of violent protests over a "possible murder" is a bad thing.
A possible murder and pent up anger and frustration and helplessness of a really ****** deal. People in that community feel like the police are targeting them, that the Brown investigation will not be impartial, and that the cops and the justice system as a whole are racist.
8/28/2014 2:26 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/28/2014 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/28/2014 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 8/28/2014 10:43:00 AM (view original):
Do you have your dog around angry mobs often? Is your dog K9 trained? Do you really hVe any idea what you are talking about? I'm betting the answer to all three are no.

I do think the cop could have prevented the dog from ******* on it.

No but the cop was from a force that was disbanded because of racial problems. The entire force was disbanded. All of them fired.

I do.  He is.  Absolutely.

So you obviously think the cop saw the opportunity and, on the spur of the moment, thought "**** YEAH!!! NOW I'VE GOT A REASON TO KILL ME A BLACK MAN TODAY!!!"
LOLZ

No, I'm sure he didn't reason it out that way, but I do wonder if it had been a white man if he hadn't of gone a less lethal way.
Is it possible, had it been a white man under the exact same circumstances, that the exact same outcome could have happened?

Is it remotely possible, that skin color played absolutely no part in the shooting?
8/28/2014 2:34 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 2:26:00 PM (view original):
A possible murder and pent up anger and frustration and helplessness of a really ****** deal. People in that community feel like the police are targeting them, that the Brown investigation will not be impartial, and that the cops and the justice system as a whole are racist.
SO PROTEST THEN. But do it peacefully. This isn't helping your cause, I've been arguing it's hurting it.  Ferguson police may be racist, but the African-American community there doesn't look good either.

8/28/2014 2:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/28/2014 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 8/28/2014 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/28/2014 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 8/28/2014 10:43:00 AM (view original):
Do you have your dog around angry mobs often? Is your dog K9 trained? Do you really hVe any idea what you are talking about? I'm betting the answer to all three are no.

I do think the cop could have prevented the dog from ******* on it.

No but the cop was from a force that was disbanded because of racial problems. The entire force was disbanded. All of them fired.

I do.  He is.  Absolutely.

So you obviously think the cop saw the opportunity and, on the spur of the moment, thought "**** YEAH!!! NOW I'VE GOT A REASON TO KILL ME A BLACK MAN TODAY!!!"
LOLZ

No, I'm sure he didn't reason it out that way, but I do wonder if it had been a white man if he hadn't of gone a less lethal way.
Is it possible, had it been a white man under the exact same circumstances, that the exact same outcome could have happened?

Is it remotely possible, that skin color played absolutely no part in the shooting?
Obviously.  I'd say it's much better than remote.  But the community there doesn't see it that way.  Which makes the whole situation look ridiculous.
8/28/2014 2:39 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2014 2:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Not even close to the same and you know it.
You're right, it's not.  I have to do with for a week straight and get my town to help.
8/28/2014 2:40 PM
Mob mentality?    Group A says "The shooting was unjustified!!!" and everyone else starts to think the same way?
8/28/2014 2:40 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 2:38:00 PM (view original):
SO PROTEST THEN. But do it peacefully. This isn't helping your cause, I've been arguing it's hurting it.  Ferguson police may be racist, but the African-American community there doesn't look good either.

That is looting. Not a protest. No one is advocating looting.
8/28/2014 2:43 PM
I have no problems with peaceful protests.  That's not what's happening.  
8/28/2014 2:45 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/28/2014 2:38:00 PM (view original):

You know what I like about his pic?   It tells you why law enforcement agencies profile.

What do you see there?   Old white women?  Old black women?  Middle aged white men?   Middle aged black men?

No?  Just young black men?   Huh?  Wonder why law enforcement agencies secretly use profiles?
8/28/2014 2:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.