Beheadings Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 9/5/2014 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 9/5/2014 4:03:00 PM (view original):
You're equating American military lives on foreign soil to American civilian lives on domestic soil.

You can't look at that as a 1:1 trade-off.

Protecting the safety of American civilian lives on domestic soil trumps the military lives.  Because that's what ultimately one of the primary responsibilities of our military.
What is the correct ratio?
That's an incredibly stupid and disingenuous question, even for you.

Why don't you ask Obama for the answer?  Ultimately, it's his job to decide the "correct ratio".  I'd say it's safe to assume that his answer would be something other than 1:1.
9/5/2014 5:46 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/5/2014 5:46:00 PM (view original):
You're equating American military lives on foreign soil to American civilian lives on domestic soil.

Protecting the safety of American civilian lives on domestic soil trumps the military lives.  Because that's what ultimately one of the primary responsibilities of our military.

Why don't you ask Obama for the answer?  Ultimately, it's his job to decide the "correct ratio".  I'd say it's safe to assume that his answer would be something other than 1:1.
Nice dodge.

You're saying that 1:1 isn't the right ratio. Then what is the right ratio?
9/5/2014 5:51 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/4/2014 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 9/4/2014 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/4/2014 12:24:00 PM (view original):
How would you suggest we kill the terrorists?
Boots on the ground.  We go in after them.
Because that worked out so well before?

I don't think anyone wants a ground war.
  It did work out pretty well.  They had elections and things were pretty good and getting better when Bush handed it over to Obama.
9/5/2014 6:46 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/4/2014 12:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 9/4/2014 12:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/4/2014 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 9/4/2014 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/4/2014 12:24:00 PM (view original):
How would you suggest we kill the terrorists?
Boots on the ground.  We go in after them.
Because that worked out so well before?

I don't think anyone wants a ground war.
And which ground war are you referring to?  Afghanistan (al-Qaeda) or Iraq?
How about all of them since, say, 1955?

We basically land, stir up ****, kill a bunch of people, get a bunch of our people killed, and then leave, failing to make any real change.

Do you really believe that we could go into the middle east and sort out the tribal and religious battles that have been going on for 4000 years in a reasonable amount of time and miraculously void the area of the sentiment that leads to terror groups?

I mean, ****, that's an incredibly naive way of thinking.

Interesting you should say that.  It worked in Vietnam after we pulled out until the Democrat House shut off aide and spare parts.  The worlds fourth largest air force was grounded.  Just as interesting is what Ted Kennedy was saying.

Then you can't even allow a skeleton force of 10,000 with air support in Iraq?  Had that been kept in place, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
9/5/2014 6:53 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/5/2014 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 9/5/2014 5:46:00 PM (view original):

Nice dodge.

You're saying that 1:1 isn't the right ratio. Then what is the right ratio?
Let's play a game.  I know you know how to play it, because it's one of your favorite games here in the forums.

You can ask the same question over and over and over.  And I'll give you the same response, pointing out what an incredibly stupid and disingenuous question it is.

Let's see how many pages we can go doing that.

Sound like a plan?
9/5/2014 8:04 PM
It's a serious question. You are suggesting we engage in a ground war that will cost us hundreds or thousands of people. At what point is that cost too large?
9/5/2014 8:29 PM
Please quote the post where I suggested that "we engage in a ground war that will cost us hundreds or thousands of people".

I'll wait here while you look for it.
9/5/2014 9:10 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/5/2014 9:10:00 PM (view original):
Please quote the post where I suggested that "we engage in a ground war that will cost us hundreds or thousands of people".

You suggested a ground war. I guess in your world no one dies in those.
9/5/2014 9:28 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/4/2014 2:07:00 PM (view original):
Reasonable steps?  Like a policeman asking to see ID?

Trying to link a questionable (to be generous) arrest to preventing terrorism.

Talk about stupid and disingenuous.

9/5/2014 9:32 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/5/2014 9:28:00 PM (view original):

Maybe he wants to attack Fantasyland. That or he's being stupid and disingenuous.
9/5/2014 9:33 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/5/2014 8:29:00 PM (view original):
It's a serious question. You are suggesting we engage in a ground war that will cost us hundreds or thousands of people. At what point is that cost too large?
  At what point is that cost too large?

Two journalists beheaded?

3,ooo innocents burned or jumping out of collapsing buildings?

Hundreds of thousands of Christians being murdered for bering Christians?

Jews murdered for being Jews?

A dirty bomb?  10 dirty bombs?  One nuke?  

At what point is the cost too large?  How many innocent people have to die before you kick in?
9/5/2014 9:42 PM

Quote the post where I suggested a "ground war".

Here's a clue . . . I didn't.  "Ground war" was your (mis)interpretation, not mine.

I said "boots on the ground".  I later clarified that as special forces, with surgical air strikes.

Somehow, you turned that into "a ground war that will cost us hundreds or thousands of people".
9/5/2014 10:45 PM
Posted by DougOut on 9/5/2014 9:42:00 PM (view original):

At what point is the cost too large?  How many innocent people have to die before you kick in?
In BL's magical land of rainbows and unicorns, if we leave the terrorists alone, they'l leave us alone.
9/5/2014 10:47 PM
Posted by DougOut on 9/5/2014 9:42:00 PM (view original):

Don't be obtuse.... Those are all George Bush's fault.
9/5/2014 10:56 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/5/2014 10:45:00 PM (view original):

Quote the post where I suggested a "ground war".

Here's a clue . . . I didn't.  "Ground war" was your (mis)interpretation, not mine.

I said "boots on the ground".  I later clarified that as special forces, with surgical air strikes.

Somehow, you turned that into "a ground war that will cost us hundreds or thousands of people".
So you want what we're already doing? What are you complaining about? You and Obama agree.
9/5/2014 11:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...20 Next ▸
Beheadings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.