Andrew Hawkins Topic

Women who wear short skirts in public are more likely to be raped than women who wear jeans. Woman in short skirt who goes out for the night gets raped. If this thread was "rapist should go to jail" would your response be "well, really, she shouldn't have been out like that. She was asking for it."
12/17/2014 1:19 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 1:17:00 PM (view original):
You mean like, "let me see your license." Hmmm, I wonder what he's reaching for.
A GUN!!!! SHOOT HIM BEFORE HE GETS IT OH MY GOD
12/17/2014 1:19 PM
I imagine if he was reaching into his pocket to get his license, the cop could also assume he was getting a gun. Especially if he moved quickly. SHOOT HIM!!!!!
12/17/2014 1:21 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 12/17/2014 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Women who wear short skirts in public are more likely to be raped than women who wear jeans. Woman in short skirt who goes out for the night gets raped. If this thread was "rapist should go to jail" would your response be "well, really, she shouldn't have been out like that. She was asking for it."
I need more details.

Did she get totally ********* and go to the bathroom with Rothlisberger?
Did she brag about ******* Kobe then accuse him of rape?
Did she get so ****** up that high school boys carried her from party to party while having their way with her?
12/17/2014 1:21 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 12/17/2014 1:21:00 PM (view original):
I imagine if he was reaching into his pocket to get his license, the cop could also assume he was getting a gun. Especially if he moved quickly. SHOOT HIM!!!!!
Or if Jones said, "I'm going to get my license from the car," and reached in.

OMG, he's probably lying about the license and actually grabbing a gun. SHOOT HIM!!!!!!
12/17/2014 1:24 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/17/2014 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/17/2014 12:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 12/17/2014 12:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/17/2014 11:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 11:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/17/2014 11:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 10:18:00 AM (view original):
The fact that you are responsible for your safety doesn't absolve others when they act negligently and injure you. They can still be held criminally responsible.
I would prefer not getting shot at all over wrongfully getting shot.  I'm going to do what I think is best to avoid getting shot.

But maybe that's just me.

No ****.

But, again, the fact that everyone would prefer not to be shot doesn't absolve the cop of his responsibility to not illegally shoot people.
Let me play along with your premise . . .

Given that we live in a country where cops illegally shoot people when they do stupid things . . . is it a good idea to do stupid things in front of a cop with a gun?
Fixed this for you.

"Given that we live in a society where men sexually assault women who wear short skirts...is it a good idea to wear short skirts?"
The answer to that would be "Probably not, if you're going to be in an area where such sexual assaults have a higher likelihood of taking place".

It's called "common sense".

It's legal to walk down the street in Compton with a bucket full of $100 bills.

I don't think it's a good idea.
Better yet.  I put a full page ad in the local paper announcing that we're taking a family vacation out of town for a week, and we'll be leaving all the doors of the house unlocked.

Do I have any little part of the blame if my house gets robbed?

12/17/2014 1:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/17/2014 1:21:00 PM (view original):
I need more details.

Did she get so ****** up that high school boys carried her from party to party while having their way with her?
Nope. Was just wearing a short skirt. She had nice legs. Got rapist's attention.
12/17/2014 1:25 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 1:24:00 PM (view original):

OMG, he's probably lying about the license and actually grabbing a gun. SHOOT HIM!!!!!!
It might even be a flamethrower. He'd set the whole gas station on fire. Cops doing a civic duty, really.
12/17/2014 1:31 PM
I don't think the 2 are mutually exclusive.

1) rape is wrong and rapists should be in jail. Its a crime. 2) she could be asking for it in some cases (or at least putting herself in a high risk situation). Its not a crime but upon reflection one would think she'd avoid putting herself in that kind of situation in the future based on what she learned the first time. Much like tec won't park his car in the same place he was recently robbed and my buddy won't be pulling out a wad of cash in rogers park.
12/17/2014 1:34 PM (edited)
Posted by burnsy483 on 12/17/2014 1:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 1:24:00 PM (view original):

It might even be a flamethrower. He'd set the whole gas station on fire. Cops doing a civic duty, really.
Exactly.

And you see how slowly he's moving after I asked for his license?

Only two possible options - 1) he doesn't want to accidentally cause a spark and cause the flamethrower fuel tank to explode - SHOOT HIM! or 2) he's disrespecting me by moving slowly and will attack as soon as I move closer to force him to comply - SHOOT HIM!!!!!
12/17/2014 1:36 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 12/17/2014 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/17/2014 1:21:00 PM (view original):
I need more details.

Nope. Was just wearing a short skirt. She had nice legs. Got rapist's attention.
Where was she?
What time was it?
What was she doing?
12/17/2014 1:37 PM
Let's just cut to the chase.

You think you should be able to do anything you want any time you want if you're not breaking any laws.
I actually agree.

But then I realize that I live in the real world where cops shoot people, people shoot cops, people rob people, people rape people, etc, etc and I think "Maybe there are some perfectly legal things I just shouldn't do in order to decrease my risk."
12/17/2014 1:40 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/17/2014 1:40:00 PM (view original):

You think you should be able to do anything you want any time you want if you're not breaking any laws.
I actually agree.

But then I realize that I live in the real world where cops shoot people, people shoot cops, people rob people, people rape people, etc, etc and I think "Maybe there are some perfectly legal things I just shouldn't do in order to decrease my risk."
No one is arguing with that. The point, all along, is that while doing things to decrease risk is smart, you failing to take every precaution doesn't absolve others of their crimes against you.
12/17/2014 1:54 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/17/2014 1:40:00 PM (view original):

I actually agree.

So you would be here blaming the girl?

I say "short skirt instead of jeans" because I'm thinking that's a good equivalent of reaching into your car to comply with the cops' order, and not telling him beforehand. Or doing it too quickly, or whatever.
12/17/2014 1:45 PM
I asked you some very direct questions regarding said girl.    You know the circumstances dictate everything.    If you want to stay on this "Is the girl to blame?" path, answer the ******* questions.    And be prepared for more. 

12/17/2014 1:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...26 Next ▸
Andrew Hawkins Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.