South Carolina Topic

It's the same with gun control laws.    This was not an AK47.    It was a handgun.   If the objective of the gun control advocates is to make handguns available to citizens, fine, just say so.    But, in this case, the weapon was just a legally purchased handgun.   His father bought and gave it to him.    Even with the pending criminal charges Roof faced, he could have made the purchase himself. 

This case isn't about a flag flying on state grounds or gun control, it's about a crazy **** shooting people.   You can't fix crazy.
6/23/2015 9:10 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/23/2015 7:21:00 AM (view original):
There are many, many reasons why the Confederate flag should be removed from all government buildings.  The shootings in SC is not one of them.  It's dumb to tie the two things together, as if the flag had anything to do with the shootings.

The killer was a crazy racist, shooting people in a state still flying a symbol of racism over the state Capitol.

It's time to finally take down the flag.
6/23/2015 9:19 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/23/2015 9:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 6/23/2015 7:21:00 AM (view original):
There are many, many reasons why the Confederate flag should be removed from all government buildings.  The shootings in SC is not one of them.  It's dumb to tie the two things together, as if the flag had anything to do with the shootings.

The killer was a crazy racist, shooting people in a state still flying a symbol of racism over the state Capitol.

It's time to finally take down the flag.
The flag did not make him a racist.  The flag did not make him crazy.  The flag did not encourage him to shoot anybody.

As I said, there are plenty of reasons to take down the flag from government buildings.

But it's incredibly stupid to believe that doing so will have any impact on alleviating racism.  At all.

6/23/2015 9:43 AM
I don't think anyone believes it will stop crazy people from doing crazy things. But it is a good thing to take down a symbol of racism from the state Capitol.
6/23/2015 9:46 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/23/2015 9:46:00 AM (view original):
I don't think anyone believes it will stop crazy people from doing crazy things. But it is a good thing to take down a symbol of racism from the state Capitol.
I agree completely.

Do you think that will stop racism?

6/23/2015 9:47 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
WON'T HELP
6/23/2015 10:00 AM
And, FWIW, the Confederate flag is NOT a symbol of racism.    It might be used for that these days by racist organizations but that's not what it is.
6/23/2015 10:01 AM
The swastika wasn't a symbol of white power or anti-Semitism for the first few thousand years it had been used.

But you can't fly that flag now and expect people to not be offended.

It is unfortunate that one group of people can distort a symbol and ruin it forever, but that's just the way it is.
6/23/2015 10:11 AM
Posted by mchales_army on 6/23/2015 10:12:00 AM (view original):
The swastika wasn't a symbol of white power or anti-Semitism for the first few thousand years it had been used.

But you can't fly that flag now and expect people to not be offended.

It is unfortunate that one group of people can distort a symbol and ruin it forever, but that's just the way it is.
What do you think the confederate flag is a symbol of?
6/23/2015 10:14 AM
People are going to be offended by anything and everything.    But, as I said earlier, it's a fight not worth having.   And every politician recognizes it.   ****, Steve Spurrier called for it's removal in 2007(saw that on a crawler during the CWS).  
6/23/2015 10:14 AM

For those too stupid to know, a handful of states seceded from the US back in the 1860s.   They had a constitution and everything.   Called themselves the Confererate States of America.    In their mind, they were a country.    All countries have flags.     That's what that flag is. 

6/23/2015 10:23 AM

Oh, and the constitution didn't call for racism.   It protected slavery but I'm pretty sure the entire US protected slavery at some point.   Is this flag a symbol of racism?

6/23/2015 10:27 AM
Even when BL is on the correct side of an argument, he ***** it up.

Well done, homie.

6/23/2015 10:28 AM
Well, he is a functional retard.
6/23/2015 10:30 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...48 Next ▸
South Carolina Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.