LOL at this idiot Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/12/2015 9:25:00 AM (view original):
To be clear, I don't care about gay marriage.   Go for it.   But don't tell me it's not hurting anyone.   You don't know.   I don't know.  No one knows.
BL knows.  He said so.  Quite definitively.
7/12/2015 10:57 AM
He's a functional retard.   So there's that.
7/12/2015 11:15 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/12/2015 10:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/12/2015 9:25:00 AM (view original):
To be clear, I don't care about gay marriage.   Go for it.   But don't tell me it's not hurting anyone.   You don't know.   I don't know.  No one knows.
BL knows.  He said so.  Quite definitively.
Well, this should be easy. Who is gay marriage harming?

You won't answer, of course, because the answer is, "no one."
7/12/2015 11:26 AM
Well, the title of the Matt Walsh blog post that you used to start this thread is "Yes, Gay Marriage Hurts Me Personally".

So there's one.

I'm guessing there's a whole shitload of others who feel the same way.

Do you want names and addresses?
7/12/2015 11:36 AM
No, but no one has ever said how they were harmed.
7/12/2015 11:41 AM
To be fair, Matt Walsh could write a lengthy article describing how blue the sky was and, in the end, you would say "He never said what color the sky was".  

Because you don't like to acknowledge any argument or opinion that differs from your agenda.
7/12/2015 12:00 PM
To be fair, he never said how he was harmed.
7/12/2015 12:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/12/2015 9:28:00 AM (view original):

If you believe the "traditional" family unit, father/mother/child, is the best family unit, gay marriage is certainly hurting it.

If Bob and Ed get married in backwoods GA, adopt and send their kid to public school, I can pretty much guarantee that kid is going to get grief.   Is that "not hurting anybody"?

If someone believes that the traditional family unit is the best way to go then they by all means they should have a traditional family, but they don't need to force their beliefs on others.

And if the concern is kids making fun of other kids at school I suggest parents don't send fat, smelly, or ugly kids to school either.
7/12/2015 1:17 PM
I don't see how one can argue gay marriage is harmful to society so it should be prohibited

And then not argue the the same stance on the following:

Carbon Emissions are harmful to society so SUVs should be prohibited
Overpopulation is harmful to society so having too many kids should be prohibited
Single parents are harmful to society so divorce should be prohibited.

The best thing about the US is people can make choices (and one can only hope they are the right choices). I personally believe the traditional family unit is best for kids and I choose to have a traditional family. I think gay sex is appalling but to each their own. I also personally believe having extended family nearby is good for my kids so I stay in this god forsaken state of Illinois. My choice. That's what's nice about America - 'choice'. What society needs is a bit more 'tolerance'.

7/12/2015 1:41 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by moy23 on 7/12/2015 1:41:00 PM (view original):
I don't see how one can argue gay marriage is harmful to society so it should be prohibited

Overpopulation is harmful to society so having too many kids should be prohibited

The best thing about the US is people can make choices (and one can only hope they are the right choices). I personally believe the traditional family unit is best for kids and I choose to have a traditional family. I think gay sex is appalling but to each their own. I also personally believe having extended family nearby is good for my kids so I stay in this god forsaken state of Illinois. My choice. That's what's nice about America - 'choice'. What society needs is a bit more 'tolerance'.

You mean "tolerance" like the Gay Pride rainbow flag is acceptable, but the Southern Dixie stars and bars isn't?
7/12/2015 1:50 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 7/12/2015 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 7/12/2015 1:41:00 PM (view original):

You mean "tolerance" like the Gay Pride rainbow flag is acceptable, but the Southern Dixie stars and bars isn't?
There should be the same tolerance regarding the Confederate Flag as there is the gay rainbow flag. The Confederate Flag is a symbol of southern pride for MOST southerners (and quite frankly it should be the decision of the people of South Carolina to determine if it flies or not). It's too bad it was taken down because of an intolerant vocal minority, many who have never even been to South Carolina. I also think there should be tolerance for Christian bakers that don't want to support gay weddings. Unfortunately there is a HUGE lack of tolerance these days and we all are going to pay for it when we realize our freedom of choice has been stripped away and all we are left with is political correctness.
7/12/2015 2:18 PM
Posted by moy23 on 7/12/2015 1:17:00 PM (view original):

If you believe the "traditional" family unit, father/mother/child, is the best family unit, gay marriage is certainly hurting it.

If Bob and Ed get married in backwoods GA, adopt and send their kid to public school, I can pretty much guarantee that kid is going to get grief.   Is that "not hurting anybody"?

If someone believes that the traditional family unit is the best way to go then they by all means they should have a traditional family, but they don't need to force their beliefs on others.

And if the concern is kids making fun of other kids at school I suggest parents don't send fat, smelly, or ugly kids to school either.
As some noted earlier, we live in this thing called a "society".  

If I believe a traditional family is the only way to go, a non-traditional family is damaging to this society.    Now, whether or not I'm right is irrelevant.  I believe you and your non-traditional family is hurting my society.

And, right now, you cannot prove that it isn't.     Thus you cannot say, without question, that gay marriage "doesn't hurt anyone."
7/12/2015 2:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/12/2015 2:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 7/12/2015 1:17:00 PM (view original):

As some noted earlier, we live in this thing called a "society".  

If I believe a traditional family is the only way to go, a non-traditional family is damaging to this society.    Now, whether or not I'm right is irrelevant.  I believe you and your non-traditional family is hurting my society.

And, right now, you cannot prove that it isn't.     Thus you cannot say, without question, that gay marriage "doesn't hurt anyone."
Gay Marriage doesn't hurt anyone.... Period. I can say it. In fact where is the evidence that it does hurt anyone? Wouldn't the burden be on YOU to PROVE its harmful based on how this 'society' is structured? I just sat through 2 weeks of jury duty and it was the plaintiffs job to PROVE harm was done, not the other way around.
7/12/2015 3:06 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...20 Next ▸
LOL at this idiot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.