41-5 Home record at the break Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Sure.   When you find a "questionable" player, I can guarantee that I'll show you the same type of player on one of my winning teams.  
Im to lazy to look much but I can tell you quickly the moonlight graham team had a ss that was well below recs and had 20 errors and pitcher that had pitched quite a bit and had like 45 control and was not good vsl. Both of which I know you don't think are good players. Switch those guys out and 5 wins more is likely.
2/19/2015 4:45 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Angel Hernandez had 7633 innings at SS in his career.   670 came during that season. 

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Paul Hujimoto had 177 innings that season and 1896 in his career.  

Yeah, you need to try again.   You picked out two long-time BL players and said "They're not good enough."   Less than 1/10th of their careers came in S17.
2/19/2015 5:03 PM
And, for the record, I called Angel Hernandez "The Most Interesting Man in the World" for years.    Craziest ratings I'd seen.

Both of those guys played/pitched a lot for me during their extensive careers.    Try harder.
2/19/2015 5:04 PM
In summation, this is bullshit:  "Both of which I know you don't think are good players."   By playing them season after season, I think I proved I think they're good players. 
2/19/2015 5:06 PM
Probably referring to http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=2881619
Who is below what I would want to use but isnt the worst DEF SS in any world.. 
2/19/2015 5:07 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 5:06:00 PM (view original):
In summation, this is bullshit:  "Both of which I know you don't think are good players."   By playing them season after season, I think I proved I think they're good players. 
Well then I guess if you really think they are good that answered the question as to why you have had seasons like that.
2/19/2015 5:14 PM
Posted by willsauve on 2/19/2015 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Probably referring to http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=2881619
Yes this guy. I agree he may not be the worst ive seen but certainly not someone id play if I was trying to win a w/s. That helps explain why its common for guys to only win 70 if they think that's a def ss.
2/19/2015 5:25 PM (edited)
Posted by willsauve on 2/19/2015 5:08:00 PM (view original):
3727 innings at SS in his career.    596 that season.   
2/19/2015 5:27 PM
Posted by brianp87 on 2/19/2015 5:14:00 PM (view original):
Well then I guess if you really think they are good that answered the question as to why you have had seasons like that.
Sez the guy who owes everything he knows to me.   How many questions do you think you asked me?   500?   600?  

And, like most, you became a dick after that. 
2/19/2015 5:28 PM
I can actually help you. 

Coop S10:  Got into a disagreement with ADMIN because they gave me a 3 day ban AFTER someone dug 6 pages deep into Happy Jack's chat to find me saying something "offensive".    I made a comment about another owner taking walks on the beach with his boyfriend.   Real offensive.   Why did someone do that?   I refused to let them join MG/Coop.   blacksnake or something like that.   Total dick.   Anyway, I did nothing during FA to improve my team because I was leaving WifS.

Coop S14:  Stopped throwing band-aids on the bleeding limbs I got in S11-13.   I made dumb signings because I was trying to recover from the S10 debacle.

MG S17:   I had a pretty good 16 season run.   12 playoff appearances.   Like I always do, I held on too long.   Hence the high payroll, low wins.   It happens in tougher worlds.

Mantle is the one you should look at.    I knew my run was over(MG17-style) and made a conscious effort to not put myself into the Coop/MG holes I'd dug in the past.  I switched to a pitcher's park, concentrated on defense and refused to overpay FA that season.   It resulted in a poor offense(30th in RS), very good defense and slightly below league average pitching.   That's the one you could say "TANKER" to.   But, if you pick out a player, I'll find a similar guy on one of my other teams or, like the guys you picked, show you that they had long careers.  Guaranteed. 
2/19/2015 5:40 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Sez the guy who owes everything he knows to me.   How many questions do you think you asked me?   500?   600?  

I didn't come here to start a ******* match. You know what you did and to as why im a "dick" . Did you answer a lot of my questions hell yes probally more then 600. The reason you won less then 70 games in those seasons is obvious.
2/19/2015 5:47 PM
BTW, I used the same template for my S32 Mantle team that I used in my first season in Hamilton.    The difference was 10 wins. 
2/19/2015 5:47 PM
Posted by brianp87 on 2/19/2015 5:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2015 5:28:00 PM (view original):

I didn't come here to start a ******* match. You know what you did and to as why im a "dick" . Did you answer a lot of my questions hell yes probally more then 600. The reason you won less then 70 games in those seasons is obvious.

I have no idea why you started acting like a dick.   As I said, it happens.   People ask me a bunch of questions, I answer them and, then, when they feel like they've got enough, they act like dicks.   But it's the internet so why wouldn't they?

And, BTW, since you've admitted that I practically taught you the game, don't you think this is pretty dicky:  "I guess if you really think they are good that answered the question as to why you have had seasons like that"?

2/19/2015 5:50 PM
Well, that escalated quickly.
2/19/2015 6:08 PM
2/19/2015 6:14 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸
41-5 Home record at the break Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.