ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

I was told I ended up over budget because the SIM AI may have promoted players and that I need to release or waive some players to get under the cap.

1. Why is the SIM AI making roster moves in the off season? We have not started Spring Training yet.
2. I thought if I release or waive someone I still am responsible for their contract yes? 
11/12/2015 3:30 PM
Getting blocked is reserved for the truly retarded.   I blocked him for awhile then decided he's easy enough to ignore and not get into long, drawn out arguments with.  He's harmless.   Like a gay butterfly.

1.  I have never had SIMAI promote players unless it was set for SIM to do so.  And only during the regular season.  I just took over an abandoned team in ULB and it had less than 20 active players at every level 70 games in.     So I think the answer you got is bullshit.

2.  If you release them, you are responsible for a min of 327k.   If you waive them and they are claimed, you're off the hook.

11/12/2015 4:36 PM
How many levels of support are there? When I posted my question to you I also replied to the ticket. Since then it has been "Bumped up to the appropriate level 3 times." That doesnt include the initial bumping of the ticket. So by my figuring I am on level 5 now.
11/13/2015 3:09 PM
I usually get a good answer the 2nd time if the first answer isn't worthy.   I assumed there were three.  Read-from-the-manual, pretty good at interpreting what you're asking and tzentmeyer.    The first level can do all the simple stuff.   The 2nd level can override policy is you explain how standard policy is going to **** up a team.   And tzent will do the right thing if you can't get the 2nd level to understand.   Sounds like there may be levels within levels.
11/13/2015 3:40 PM
In a developer chat -

"Player development is based on makeup, coaching staff, playing time and performance."

If you have a group of good prospects moving up a level, does it make sense to 'beef up' that lineup with good, veteran, minor league players? Thought is,  more run and RBI opportunities, along with more ABs = more playing time and performance.

If yes, do you ever make those considerations? Has it made a difference that you saw?

11/15/2015 10:09 AM
I don't think performance plays a role.   I like to get teams in the playoffs not because they "performed" well but because they get more playing time.   That said, in the minors, it's hard for a guy to play 144 anyway so I'm not sure he gets that much extra playing time either.
11/15/2015 5:49 PM
What are your thoughts on using the draft formula builder?
11/15/2015 7:24 PM
It sucks.   You always get a handful of crappy guys rated way too high.   You could use it and weed them out manually but, as a stand alone ranking system, don't do it.
11/17/2015 9:56 AM
Now that Big Crappi will be retiring after the 2016 season, which Boston player should be the focus of my Red Sox hate?  Would you go with Pedroia?
11/17/2015 2:25 PM
That would be the obvious choice.   But you could really build a relationship with Bogaerts or Betts.    Those chowdah-lovin' fuckknobs at Fenway are already putting those two in the HOF.
11/17/2015 2:42 PM
Shouldn't that call wait until after Papi inevitably blasts ownership for disrespecting him by not offering him $20M in severance and announces that he'll play so he can try to feed his family on a $16M pittance?
11/17/2015 5:12 PM
Would Clay Buchholz be a good candidate for Red Sox hate?
11/17/2015 6:04 PM
It's never too early to hate on a Red Sux player.

I considered him but I think he's a cancer survivor.    Didn't seem right.   But rooting for him to fail at every opportunity is OK.

11/17/2015 7:54 PM
you can't let cancer stop you from hating on a Red Sux player, can you?
11/18/2015 3:01 PM
Obviously, in this case, I did.
11/18/2015 3:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...958|959|960|961|962...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.