Free Agency and Franchise Players Topic

his patience is/was 57. i don't know how to link to a player, but he's jumbo long and is in the nl in sag's swingers memorial ballpark franks world. he's still #1 on the league leaders board for pitchers.
7/21/2010 2:53 PM
For players with an overall rating of 80 or more, it seems that the only factor of any importance in determining whether or not a player signs a 2nd long term deal (prior to rollover to the next season) is patience. I believe the tipping point is somewhere around 66-67.
7/21/2010 2:57 PM
Posted by sergei91 on 7/21/2010 2:53:00 PM (view original):
his patience is/was 57. i don't know how to link to a player, but he's jumbo long and is in the nl in sag's swingers memorial ballpark franks world. he's still #1 on the league leaders board for pitchers.
Jumbo Long
7/21/2010 3:34 PM
thx brent!
7/21/2010 8:47 PM
Posted by overeasy on 7/21/2010 2:57:00 PM (view original):
For players with an overall rating of 80 or more, it seems that the only factor of any importance in determining whether or not a player signs a 2nd long term deal (prior to rollover to the next season) is patience. I believe the tipping point is somewhere around 66-67.
Bumping an old thread for the quoted post.  Is 66-67 still the consensus on where this cutoff is? 

I ask because I have several young stars entering their arb years with patience right around this mark, and I'd like to know what to expect long-term.  One player each at 66, 68, 71, and 75 patience.  One guy is a 76ovr RP, but the others are all 80+ovr position players.
2/18/2013 3:55 PM
First, I would expect it's not a "cutoff". Like most things in the game, it's not so cut-and-dried.

Also, I think it's much more fun when good players hit free agency, not when teams get to keep the super stud they tanked 10 seasons ago to get.

2/18/2013 11:53 PM
My guess is the higher the overall rating, the higher the patience rating needs to be for the player to be willing to extend.
2/19/2013 7:19 AM
i didn't realize this was an old thread. i was gonna mention old jumbo cause i had the same situation. it sucked to lose him, but whatevs. that's how hbd rolls
2/19/2013 9:40 AM
Yeah I've only played about 7 seasons, so I don't really have a stance on the hoarding vs free agency question.  I just want to know what to expect (as much as possible anyway) so I can plan accordingly. 

Sounds like I'll have a good chance on these guys.  The two highest OVR players are the two with 70+ patience.  The 66 patience is sub-80 OVR, and the 68 patience is exactly 80 OVR.

2/19/2013 10:19 AM
This was briefly touched on, but I didn't see a consensus: if a guy says he'll test FA, how often does it happen that he'll be willing to let you re-sign him after rollover?
2/16/2014 1:58 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/16/2014 1:58:00 PM (view original):
This was briefly touched on, but I didn't see a consensus: if a guy says he'll test FA, how often does it happen that he'll be willing to let you re-sign him after rollover?
Never. If he says he's testing, he's going to be a free agent.
2/16/2014 5:06 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Free Agency and Franchise Players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.