Rickey Radio- S16 Power Rankings & Trade Reviews Topic

12/25 - A christmas gift to the HBD News team. This is the first time we've made the top 10 pages for most popular. While that may not seem like much, previously I couldn't even find HBD News! Sports is one of the most difficult categories to make an impact in. Thanks! www.blogtalkradio.com/categories/sports/mostpopular/3080/206/10
12/25/2010 7:52 PM
Posted by knucklebones on 12/13/2010 4:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by knucklebones on 12/9/2010 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by knucklebones on 12/4/2010 8:11:00 PM (view original):
<a href="http://www.blogtalkradio.com/knucklebones" title="Listen to internet radio with Knucklebones Radio on Blog Talk Radio" style="margin: 3px 3px !important; background: url(http://www.blogtalkradio.com/knucklebones/LivePlayerButton.gif) no-repeat 0 0 !important; display: block !important; padding: 17px 8px 8px 8px !important; width: 144px !important; height: 80px !important;  font-size: 12px; font-family: arial, sans-serif !important; color: #333; font-weight:bold !important; text-decoration: none !important;" target="_blank">Listen to <span style="display: block; position: fixed !important; background:url(http://www.blogtalkradio.com/knucklebones/LivePlayerButton.gif) no-repeat -8px -40px !important; width: 150px !important; overflow: hidden !important; height: 0px !important;  font-size: 8px !important; filter:alpha(opacity=0) !important; opacity: 0.0  !important; padding: 0 0 0 0 !important; margin: 0 0 0 0 !important;">internet radio with </span> Knucklebones Radio<span style="display: block; position: fixed !important; background: url(http://www.blogtalkradio.com/knucklebones/LivePlayerButton.gif) no-repeat -8px -40px !important; width: 150px !important; overflow: hidden !important; height: 0px !important;  font-size: 8px !important; filter:alpha(opacity=0) !important; opacity: 0.0  !important; padding: 0 0 0 0 !important; margin: 0 0 0 0 !important;"> on Blog Talk Radio</span></a>

This is my knucklebones radio "On Air" button, if its blinking, Im on air!! Fits neatly in a 1.5 x 1.5 section on your blog (estimate, its small) Copy/paste this to your html gadgets on your blog.
Updating the page with On Air button.
Bump
Bump
12/25/2010 7:55 PM
Posted by knucklebones on 12/13/2010 4:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by knucklebones on 12/9/2010 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by knucklebones on 12/4/2010 8:12:00 PM (view original):
< embed src="http://www.xatech.com/web_gear/chat/chat.swf" quality="high" width="540" height="405" name="chat" flashvars="id=101429820" align="middle" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://xat.com/update_flash.shtml" /><br /><small><a target="_BLANK" href="http://xat.com/web_gear/?cb">Get your own Chat Box!</a> <a target="_BLANK" href="http://xat.com/web_gear/chat/go_large.php?id=101429820">Go Large!</a></small><br />

Just close the gap between the <embed at the top. <<< This is the original chat from the people I took it from ;) - copy paste this to your gadgets in the blogs and join the rest of us. (There are at least a dozen leagues that have this chat and all can use it together) 

Also this is the global chat many leagues have installed in their blog - come join the Fray and chat with others around HBD live.
Bump
Bump
12/25/2010 7:56 PM
12/27 Still Negro League & WIB on deck. In the coming year I will start off with a HBD Daily deal where I post whatever it is TomJames or our bloggers are blogging. I know you guys want 1 hour shows so thats what we'll do. Probably in primetime east coast 6-9pm or so will be the start. I think I will do the roundtables regularly on Satrudays for 2 hours. I will run them when TomJames (The Computer) can be there. That is normally late night eastern - 11/12mid. Fridays will be the off day.

I will do most of my posting for day to day stuff here in the Forum. All of our material can be shared from our blog to yours if you have a blogger blog. If you twitter or fbook make sure to share/tweet the blog & radio to help attract new players to the game and the hbdnews. We appreciate it and it makes it all worthwhile. 

Huge thanks goes out especially to TomJames for all the power rankings and blog material. FW_Kekionga & nyaggie98 do what they can do when they can but are no less awesome to me. FW_Kekionga is the blog boss and did the design and set up/rss feeds. nyaggie is working on the new and improved hbd champions list., league by league.

If you would like to help on the blog or radio just let me know in sitemail and we'll get it done. We appreciate any suggestions/insults/comments and know we can always improve. It is a lot of work so we can only do so much. We hope this has added to the fun of the game for some people.

In the coming year I hope to do our first play by play of a sim league live game. May try a HD/GD game also. It might be sort of lame but who knows. Also going to attempt a HBD game and just work around the pitch counts. That works better in a 1 hour time frame anyhow.

We'll probably attempt another contest now that people are paying attention. It'd be great to get a group in there live. Finding the right time is the tough part. The Global chat and radio buttons with instructions are above. Blog Talk Radio also has a chat for each of the shows that run. Mine included of course and that is the one I prefer people use. Just easier for me. This is up only during the live show and can be accessed through my showpage.

Thanks everyone for helping to get the roundtable as high as 10th page most popular sports! That is better than I can tell you. blogtalkradio.com/knucklebones
12/28/2010 1:39 AM
12/29 - WIB final power rankings on air at 9pm Pacific! 
12/29/2010 11:10 PM
12/30 - Hardball Dynasty News daily begins today at 6-8pm Pacific time. This will include TWIHBD for a specific league the first hour and roundtable or news from the RSS feeds on the hbdnews.blogspot.com blog. Since these shows are 2 hours there will be time for people to call into the show and talk about your league, ratings, budgeting, or anything else. (347-934-0696 during live shows - you can use skype from the showpage - blogtalkradio.com/knucklebones

Breaks will be on the hour & half hour - 1 song to open the show, 1 at 630, 1 at 7, 1 at 730pm. In the real world these would be commercials. This helps with getting a drink, using the restroom, whatever. Have patience or cover your ears please if you dont like the music. If you know of better free music I can get I'm all ears. I don't want to choose from a site with 1000s of bands. I can do that already. If you have a favorite band/musician who's giving out freebies I will play it.

Im going to focus on those leagues that have supported the show above and beyond the rest. This will include leagues the members of HBD news are in regardless and the rest will be based soley on listenership. I will notify the commish beforehand if we are running your league that day. Right now top leagues outside of our own are ARod, Pine Tar, Mantle - that is from memory. Add in my 5 and the other guys leagues and we have enough for every weekday of the month. 

The 2nd hour will be random talk so newbies and others with ratings questions - get in the chat if you hate the phone. Chat is open the whole show and I will check it frequently. You do have to be a member of blogtalkradio.com to use the chat. This also enables you to try the Radio for free so sign up. It only takes an email and 2 minutes of your time. Preferably you'll use your HBD name if you don't intend to do radio. In addition this is the chat I will use during contests & prize giveaways.
12/30/2010 8:05 PM
Great work kb, big props for spearheading a successful show!
12/30/2010 8:21 PM
Posted by FW_Kekionga on 12/30/2010 8:21:00 PM (view original):
Great work kb, big props for spearheading a successful show!
Thanks for helping out FW_Kekionga!
12/30/2010 8:45 PM
Can the show be downloaded? I was unable to listen and would like to.
12/31/2010 9:33 AM
Posted by captain10a on 12/31/2010 9:33:00 AM (view original):
Can the show be downloaded? I was unable to listen and would like to.
Go to my showpage at blogtalkradio.com/knucklebones. At the top of the page there is buttons for Itunes/Rss - I am knucklebones radio on blogtalkradio podcasts on Itunes.

If you dont use Itunes and just want to play on your player, scroll down the page. All my previous episodes are there. Pick the one you want and push play OR download. Sometimes if your cookies are full of you have slower internet it takes awhile to load.

Normally blogtalkradio runs some sort of ad at first. When the show begins you'll hear a song or two and then the Power Rankings or whatever I run.

< Previous Episodes < you'll see this at the bottom of the page and you can go further back - to april of 10' if you want. 

Thanks for checking it out. Check out our blog at hbdnews.blogspot.com. If you click on the knucklebones Radio button you will go directly to my showpage. It should also auto-load whatever my most recent epsidode was.
12/31/2010 8:56 PM
12/31 - Its new years eve and Im not sure that it'd be a good idea to run a show today or not. I think its best to start fresh after the new year. I have rescheduled the show for 8-10pm.(Tonight) I doubt I will run it for that - still making up my mind.

M-F 9-11pm Pacific will be my HBD Daily show. 1st half will include a specific league, 2nd hour will be site wide, randallonbaseball.blogspot.com, Callers, Forums, HBD 101 (Player guide material).

Ok I love the critizism and appreciate any suggestions on how to make the show better. Comments about the music have been aired a few times. In a "real" radio program those would be commercials so just bear with the music. I do the best I can finding it. Has to be free stuff or the musician has to give it to me.

Comments about how we can improve our league coverage are MORE appreciated. 
12/31/2010 9:03 PM
Anyways I will pick this up monday. The most listened to episode so far has been A-Rod. That will air mon 9-11pm Est. 

A Rod league news on deck for monday! 2nd hour will either be Mantle OR HBD-Wide News - still up in the Air about the 2nd hour or wether or not I run it. Im trying to take advantage of the 2 - 2hour shows Im alloted. I will have a different show for the other 2.
12/31/2010 10:43 PM
hbdnews.blogspot.com/2011/01/schedule-starting.html < Upcoming schedule and other stuff.
1/1/2011 6:25 PM
1/3 This week in ARod 1st hour & Site wide/HBD 101/Roundtable, & randallonbaseball.blogspot.com 9-11pm EST monday! HBD news will run all week in this format. I will choose the leagues on the list in the above post that make the most sense to run.

1/2/2011 10:01 PM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23|24...43 Next ▸
Rickey Radio- S16 Power Rankings & Trade Reviews Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.