His first thought, as was mine, was that you thought the names of the pitches correlated with the actual pitches you saw ratings for.  He's never even glanced at the names of pitches, and neither have I, as they're generated without consideration of the ratings of the player.  I understand why it didn't immediately occur to him that you wanted to know the answer to something that was so meaningless.  Generally, if you post on this forum, you're talking/asking about something that's relevant to gameplay.
4/1/2011 12:38 PM
Exactly.  Someone with three completed seasons may not understand such things.   Sort of like 85 range and 22 speed. 
4/1/2011 12:42 PM
Posted by rangerup on 3/31/2011 1:24:00 PM (view original):
I have seen pitchers that sport a 'nuck' in their arsenal of pitches.

Has anyone ever had or seen a true knuckleballer that was good?  Say (for simplicity Mike123456) a starting pitcher with OVR 80+ with only a knuckleball and fastball or something, with the 'nuck' rated as the major pitch?
Between the original post and the thread title, "nuck" or "knuckleball" was mentioned five times.  It sure seemed like the name of the pitch was pretty darn important to the question at hand. 

Only after he realized that the pitch name was irrelevant, and isack24 swooped in to play "helicopter mom" and protect rangerup's feelings, was the "intent" of the original post changed to "I'm only asking for fun!".
4/1/2011 12:46 PM
"Generally, if you post on this forum, you're talking/asking about something that's relevant to gameplay."

Debatable.
4/1/2011 12:57 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/1/2011 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rangerup on 3/31/2011 1:24:00 PM (view original):
I have seen pitchers that sport a 'nuck' in their arsenal of pitches.

Has anyone ever had or seen a true knuckleballer that was good?  Say (for simplicity Mike123456) a starting pitcher with OVR 80+ with only a knuckleball and fastball or something, with the 'nuck' rated as the major pitch?
Between the original post and the thread title, "nuck" or "knuckleball" was mentioned five times.  It sure seemed like the name of the pitch was pretty darn important to the question at hand. 

Only after he realized that the pitch name was irrelevant, and isack24 swooped in to play "helicopter mom" and protect rangerup's feelings, was the "intent" of the original post changed to "I'm only asking for fun!".
tec, quit trying so hard to be a dick.
4/1/2011 1:23 PM
Or, quit trying so hard to come across as someone with Asperger's. Whichever.
4/1/2011 1:24 PM
Did YOU really just say that?
4/1/2011 1:41 PM
Yes. Who better to say it?
4/1/2011 2:11 PM
Tec is a total dick, he still doesn't get it, and has become so wrapped up in protecting his initial embarassing reaction to the question it has now gone into the realm of entertaining just to see what asinine thing he will say next. 

Teccywerger running around in all his infinite wisdom, the venerable veteran, with three teams all with losing records and zero championships in his many years of really cracking down and learning the game.  He should open up a blog and teach us the finer aspects.

4/1/2011 4:59 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/1/2011 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Exactly.  Someone with three completed seasons may not understand such things.   Sort of like 85 range and 22 speed. 
It's got to be my all time favorite when guys who have spent more time playing a computer simulation game talk down to those who haven't "put the time in".

"You only have 5 seasons total, you don't know what we know"

The fact is, this game takes about ONE full season coupled with an hour of browsing the forum to know pretty much everything you will ever need to know about it.  Yet the veterans act like it takes years of hard computational analysis to really put it all together.  Reading those posts by them is borderline more entertaining than playing the actual game itself.  Cheaper too!
4/1/2011 4:49 PM
"The fact is, this game takes about ONE full season coupled with an hour of browsing the forum to know pretty much everything you will ever need to know about it."

And that's pretty much all anybody needs to know about rangerup.
4/1/2011 6:26 PM
Posted by rangerup on 4/1/2011 4:59:00 PM (view original):
Tec is a total dick, he still doesn't get it, and has become so wrapped up in protecting his initial embarassing reaction to the question it has now gone into the realm of entertaining just to see what asinine thing he will say next. 

Teccywerger running around in all his infinite wisdom, the venerable veteran, with three teams all with losing records and zero championships in his many years of really cracking down and learning the game.  He should open up a blog and teach us the finer aspects.

Maybe I'll do that.  I'll fill the blog up with little clicky things to amuse you.
4/1/2011 6:28 PM
Posted by rangerup on 4/1/2011 4:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/1/2011 12:42:00 PM (view original):
It's got to be my all time favorite when guys who have spent more time playing a computer simulation game talk down to those who haven't "put the time in".

"You only have 5 seasons total, you don't know what we know"

The fact is, this game takes about ONE full season coupled with an hour of browsing the forum to know pretty much everything you will ever need to know about it.  Yet the veterans act like it takes years of hard computational analysis to really put it all together.  Reading those posts by them is borderline more entertaining than playing the actual game itself.  Cheaper too!
Actually I wasn't attempting to belittle you(although your defensive attitude does encourage it).     People with more experience than you ask questions about the game in this forum.   So, apparently, everyone isn't as brilliant as you.   Despite my 70+ seasons, I don't think I know pretty much everything I will ever need to know about this game. 
4/2/2011 8:35 AM
OK, I wasn't going to mention it but, since you said this "Teccywerger running around in all his infinite wisdom, the venerable veteran, with three teams all with losing records and zero championships in his many years of really cracking down and learning the game", you opened yourself up to it.

You have finished .500, exactly .500, one time and have a .442 winning percentage.   If you know all you need to know, why aren't you kicking *** and taking names?
4/2/2011 9:03 AM
  If you read carefully I wasn't the guy trying to pin someone down for 'not knowing the game because I don't have dozens of seasons put in'.  It has little to do with knowing all you need to know. You get the best players you can and let the sim battle it out for you.  My point was, it doesn't take a genius to understand this game, evidenced by so called veterans who are hovering at .500 or under and new players that are hovering at .500 or under.  I wasn't opening myself up to anything, I was pointing out the silliness in people like you and teccywerger thinking you got it all figured out.  There is a slight learning curve, but nothing you can't figure out within one season if you pay attention, after that it's really only about building a team with the best players you can.  I think anyone who has played can attest to that.

I'm sure you will think up some witty retort to this, but I don't think I need to explain anymore....anyone who reads through this thread is going to understand well enough what the original question was and how it devolved into idiocy by guys that think they are masters.  Of a sim game.
4/2/2011 11:19 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...15 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.