trading draft picks Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 6:35:00 PM (view original):
If it matters, nordique and nauds have been gone all day.  Then nauds posts here at 6:15.  Nordique checks his team at 6:31.
The conspiracy theory is compelling, but I don't think there is anything to it.  Nauds is/was very active in GD (not terribly good, from my recollection, but active) and nordique has never played it.  Just doesn't seem to fit to me.

EDIT: Looking at nauds' GD record, he appears to be pretty decent at it.  I don't pay a lot of attention to GD anymore and just remembered him posting a lot of **** in the forums.
1/18/2012 6:38 PM
I could see how people would object to trading draft picks, I however disagree with having the ability to do so. Like I said, it happens in almost every major sport.

There are many real world examples of this, I don't want to go into them all.

You may think it's shady, and I'm not going to try and convince anyone that it isn't. But having been involved in a trade that included future draft picks, I got fair value for what I gave up and it didn't harm anyone or any team in the process. Had I not known Nordique as well as I do, I would have the same viewpoint as many of you on the trade. I know for a fact he will come through with giving NY the picks that were promised.

And as far as the conspiracy theories go, I find it pretty amusing. Like I said, have CS check our IP's
1/18/2012 6:47 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 8:25:00 AM (view original):
I figured there was no way this would happen but, since it has, here's the problem:

nordique has 0 HS and 0 College scouting.   Therefore, what he sees is minimal.   So how will the other owner get value?  I guess he could say "Rank these guys in this order."    Know what that is?  Collusion.   You can't share scouting info.   So, if you don't want to collude, he's just getting random players.  How in the hell can anyone determine if that's fair and approve?
Back to this.
1/18/2012 6:49 PM
I have no idea why you are using "There are many real world examples..." here... there ARE NOT real world examples in MLB.
1/18/2012 6:53 PM
Because HBD is a perfect model of MLB right? I see guys steal 140 bases all the time, or hit 100 home runs. Cmon man, if Football, Basketball, Hockey etc. Can trade draft picks then what makes you think it shouldn't be allowed in baseball?

1/18/2012 6:58 PM
Is anyone in Evangeline trading draft picks other than nordique93?

1/18/2012 7:00 PM
Posted by nauds3000 on 1/18/2012 6:58:00 PM (view original):
Because HBD is a perfect model of MLB right? I see guys steal 140 bases all the time, or hit 100 home runs. Cmon man, if Football, Basketball, Hockey etc. Can trade draft picks then what makes you think it shouldn't be allowed in baseball?

If you are stipulating that HBD does not emulate real life, why the **** are you using it as part of your argument?  You can't argue it both ways.... well, you can, but you just sound like a dumbass.
1/18/2012 7:02 PM

Even though I'm sure he doesn't mean to be, I find nauds and his asinine comment/arguments pretty amusing.

1/18/2012 7:25 PM
I respect your opinions, I don't have time to continue debating this. And not even sure why I am, as I have nothing to do with this trade.
1/18/2012 7:33 PM
..... Or do you? 
1/18/2012 7:40 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Is anyone in Evangeline trading draft picks other than nordique93?

I'd like an answer to this.

Because the follow-up is:   Has anyone else won 100 games 16 seasons in a row while taking home 8 WS trophies?

If the answer to that is "no", there is another follow-up:  THEN WHY IN THE HELL IS YOUR WORLD ALLOWING HIM ANOTHER, HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE, AVENUE TO CONTINUE STOMPING YOUR *****????
1/18/2012 7:48 PM
Posted by nauds3000 on 1/18/2012 6:58:00 PM (view original):

I think it SHOULD be allowed in baseball.  And as such, if they had wanted to implement HBD in a way that would allow it to be done in a fair and totally above board way (ie, actually allowing picks as tradeable assets so that the receiving owner could actually make the picks), I'd be fine with it regardless of what the MLB rules are. 

But they didn't, and what we're left with is people doing an end-run around what the system is setup to do, with an end result that comes nowhere close to what happens when picks are traded in other sports in real-life, and that is ripe for potential abuse.
1/18/2012 8:14 PM (edited)
What's being done now isn't trading draft picks.  It's trading players acquired via future draft picks that the receiving player has no input into or control over.  Map that scenario to real-life and get back to me.  Thanks.
1/18/2012 8:18 PM
Their commish hasn't logged in all day, that should be a fun mess to deal with whenever he checks in. I feel considerably dumber after reading that world chat, and I'm amazed at how few owners chimed in. It's like they all just put their heads in the sand and hoped nordique's screaming would stop.
1/18/2012 8:55 PM

I can't imagine ever being allowed to trade for future draft picks in HBD, even if it were allowed in MLB.

Imagine this: one team trades it's first, second and third round picks for the next 5 seasons on an "all-in" strategy for this season.  He falls short.  He bails on the world.  The next owner of the team is royally ****** over.

1/18/2012 9:01 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...32 Next ▸
trading draft picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.