What will WifS do? Topic

Posted by tonicawf on 8/17/2012 9:27:00 AM (view original):
i love how mikeT23 always throws his two cents in. didnt look at the rules, but has a comment about them. if any sane person has been in a world with mike, then you have probably blocked his chat on the chatboard because hes loud and super annoying and makes an AS.S of himself with his "i know everything. so worship me, im god" attitude. he makes "normal" people who just want to enjoy themselves here, leave a world.  honestly, i hope im never in a world with him ever again. hey mike, mind your own business aight?
I assume you can't read.    Have someone read my response to ceasari to you.

Have you been in a world with me?   I don't recall.   Nonetheless, I didn't check that or if you're in Hardball Central.  However, if you are in HC, perhaps owners aren't interested in playing in worlds with whiny *******.   So, maybe you should remove yourself and watch the world fill.   Aight?
8/17/2012 9:48 AM
Dammit.  I should have called you "gangsta" for using "aight".

Anyway, quit being a thin-skinned dumbass and read ALL the replies before displaying your dumbassery.  Aight, gangsta?
8/17/2012 9:56 AM
you take it too far man. i was probably out of line with my comments, but some owners get under my skin. my comments were based on a half season with you when you took over a replacement team, where you got really loud and judgemental and then told everyone in the world that if they didnt like it, then they could shut-up and block you. i dont think that's cool. ill admit that you have great knowledge of the game, and that i agree with alot of your posts, but you get in peoples faces and make them react. there IS a point where you cross the line mike. dont you agree? i myself at times have been a little outspoken on certain subjects, but at the end of the day, people have to have at least a little common decency and respect.  feel free to rip me.
8/17/2012 10:31 AM
I'm quite sure you don't get to determine "too far" or if I'm "allowed" to rip you.

I'm also quite sure that it's impossible to make people react on the internet.   I implore people to use the tools WifS gave us if they can't bear to read, or ignore, comments in a somewhat open forum. 

That said, had you read the post in this thread before responding, I'm quite sure you wouldn't have bothered.  I'll recap:
1.  highway says it's likely that the "good rules" are preventing owners from joining HC.
2.  I call bullshit because dozens of worlds have "good rules" and they aren't sitting for 2 months.
3.  ceasari mentions the rules and asks if any should be changed.
4.  I say "I haven't checked them but dozens of worlds have rules and don't sit for 2 months."
5.  Moments later, I say "I see nothing in your rules that would discourage owners."
6.  You blow up.

YOU didn't read anything I posted before throwing your hissy.   That's on you.  Everything after that is on you.  Take care of your business.
8/17/2012 10:39 AM
come on mike, you invite these posts about you with how you come across. anyone disagrees with you, or has a problem with you, you rip them. you dont even "play the dozens" with any heart. its more like kindergarten playground banter. someone with your knowledge and experience could be a positive influence on owners learning the game, but instead you try to "teach" people by ripping them or calling them out. very polarizing.
8/17/2012 11:02 AM
I dont fully understand rule # 2.. How could a team maintain a.407 win % and still get 100 losses??

2)Minimum Winning %
All owners agree to maintain a respectable winning % during their time with the league.
They agree to maintain a winning % of no less than .407(66 wins) over the course of a full season and no less than a winning % of .350 at any time during the season or face immediate expulsion from the league should it be deemed that the owner was attempting to throw the season or games.
The results will be monitored on a per season basis.
Any 100 loss season will fall under immediate review.
The review includes but is not limited to a audit of the ML roster, ML payroll, prospect budget & etc.
Should it be deemed that the owner was attempting to tank they will be immediately expelled from the league
8/17/2012 11:10 AM
Posted by tonicawf on 8/17/2012 11:02:00 AM (view original):
come on mike, you invite these posts about you with how you come across. anyone disagrees with you, or has a problem with you, you rip them. you dont even "play the dozens" with any heart. its more like kindergarten playground banter. someone with your knowledge and experience could be a positive influence on owners learning the game, but instead you try to "teach" people by ripping them or calling them out. very polarizing.
First, I don't have to play in dozens of worlds to know which ones have rules and which ones sit idle for weeks on end.   It's public knowledge.   Second, I think you'd find LOTS of owners who have asked for, and been given, my advice on the inner workings of HBD.   Finally, you'll probably find MORE owners who I've "ripped".   You'll also find that those owners blow up out of nowhere, kind of like you did, or aren't really asking a question(they're just looking for confirmation that they're right) and don't like being told "No, that's not right."

The "problem" here is that highway suggested that HC wasn't filling because of "good rules."   And that's BS.   The second "problem" is that you didn't read what I posted before "giving me a piece of your mind."  
8/17/2012 11:44 AM
The problem is that you're an *******, and everyone knows it.
8/17/2012 1:26 PM
I'd like to point out that most the people who usually clash pretty hard with Mike's posts are guys with a bunch of 40-50 win seasons strung together.. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not..
8/17/2012 1:35 PM
Trying to bring this thread back on track:

There are currently 23 private worlds trying to fill 93 openings, with another 9 worlds set to roll over the next three days, with yet 3 more worlds currently in the World Series.

While we may have seen times with more total openings, I don't recall seeing this many worlds are queuing up at the same time.

Fortunately, 11 of the worlds waiting to fill have 3 or less openings, and only 5 worlds have 6 or more openings, so we should start seeing them fill and move forward.
8/17/2012 1:42 PM
Posted by nasboat on 8/17/2012 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Ouch, that stings.  Hope I get over it.
8/17/2012 1:44 PM
"Playing the dozens" is an old african American ritual involving people standing around and basically ripping each other creatively. Maybe starting with a few " your momma" jokes, then moving on to more creative ways of ripping someone. Gotta be good on the fly to be good at it.
8/17/2012 3:47 PM
Posted by willsauve on 8/17/2012 1:35:00 PM (view original):
I'd like to point out that most the people who usually clash pretty hard with Mike's posts are guys with a bunch of 40-50 win seasons strung together.. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not..
Interesting observation.

The two in this thread have lost 100 games or more 6 & 8 times respectively...

Posted by tonicawf on 8/17/2012 3:47:00 PM (view original):
"Playing the dozens" is an old african American ritual involving people standing around and basically ripping each other creatively. Maybe starting with a few " your momma" jokes, then moving on to more creative ways of ripping someone. Gotta be good on the fly to be good at it.
Funny I've never sen Dave Matthews playing that game.
8/17/2012 3:52 PM
It's not really that big of a surprise.  Anyone who has read the forums knows I think anyone flinging out multiple 100 loss seasons is either over their head or tanking.   People don't like be called slow or tankers.

Never heard of "playing the dozens".   Probably 'cause I'm an old white redneck.   We generally just punch each other after the first "your momma".
8/17/2012 4:28 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/17/2012 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nasboat on 8/17/2012 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Ouch, that stings.  Hope I get over it.
I hope you get over it in time to stop Nas's World Series winning team from the spiral you put it into.
8/17/2012 6:06 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...23 Next ▸
What will WifS do? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.