Contract Extensions Topic

I looked around, but didn't see this anywhere.

If a player is in the last year of his deal with another team and he's willing to extend, will he still extend with a team that acquires him?
1/9/2013 3:31 PM
I've seen players who weren't willing to extend, change their mind when traded, though I think only when they were insisting on FA due to being arb'd too many times. I assume that the reverse could be true, that a player could change his mind and insist on FA, though I've not seen it happen.

In my experience, almost always when a player is traded they will maintain their current position on their pending FA. IE, if they're willing to resign, they still will be after being traded, and vice versa.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

1/9/2013 3:47 PM
If you're trading a guy like that, do the extension first.   That way you don't have to worry about it.
1/9/2013 4:40 PM
Thanks guys. 
1/9/2013 4:50 PM
mongoose is right.

I'm so bad with these links, but I had a player (Jose Maranon) in Hometown that I arb'ed 3 times (brain fart) and, in turn, he said he wouldn't re-up with me. I traded him to Tacoma before the season even started and I see that he's signed an extension there.
1/9/2013 6:06 PM
How often does it happen that a player gets ****** after his 3rd arb?  Does his Patience affect it?  Should you just not go to the third arb if it's a player you really like?
1/9/2013 7:08 PM
Often enough to where you just shouldn't do it if its a player you like.
1/9/2013 8:40 PM
Posted by mongoose_22 on 1/9/2013 8:40:00 PM (view original):
Often enough to where you just shouldn't do it if its a player you like.
+1; I've never seen an average or better starting player not file after this (not that I let those guys go very often, so the N is small...).
1/10/2013 11:40 AM
Contract Extensions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.