Health vs Durability Topic

I know health is how you know if a player will get injured or not.  But what does durability measure, then?
1/16/2013 11:48 AM
Durability is how much he can play.

For Pitchers it determines how far into a game he can pitch. For hitters it determines how many PAs he can handle without getting fatigued.

A hitter with a 90 DUR should be able to play almost every game, a hitter with a 75 DUR, for example, will need days off periodically to remain at 100%.
1/16/2013 11:52 AM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 1/16/2013 11:52:00 AM (view original):
Durability is how much he can play.

For Pitchers it determines how far into a game he can pitch. For hitters it determines how many PAs he can handle without getting fatigued.

A hitter with a 90 DUR should be able to play almost every game, a hitter with a 75 DUR, for example, will need days off periodically to remain at 100%.
For pitchers, I think you are confusing stamina with durability. 

Durability for pitchers is how often they can pitch, and how quickly they recover from fatigue between appearances.
1/16/2013 12:03 PM
You are correct. My mistake.

DUR for pitchers roughly equals recovery points during off days.

Thanks for the correction.

1/16/2013 12:05 PM
For position players, you can think of it as a rough percentage of 9-inning games they can play at 100%.
1/16/2013 1:38 PM
Health vs Durability Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.