WhatIfSports and FoxSports Are Growing! Topic

So here's the link to the job openings page.

http://www.whatifsports.com/locker/jobs.shtm

The interesting thing for all 3 positions, under Optional Requirements: iOS Development Experience

So that'll be great for the 22% of the market that has Iphones. It sounds like WIS may be finally making a mobile app in conjunction with the website. Its about time.

But what about the 74% of us that have Android phones? Why does everyone go iOS first, when Android dominates the marketplace?

I get the whole "segmented market", hard to develop across multiple devices, etc... but the ROI for Android is so much greater.

And god forbid they take their iOS app, and run it thru the magic software generator that converts iOS apps to Android apps, in which case we get bloated software that looks and feels like an Iphone app, rather than something optimized for the Android world.

Cmon WIS.. appeal to the masses!
2/11/2013 5:17 PM
But does it get good reception where I need it?

No, but it tells you if any of your family members are birds.
2/11/2013 6:34 PM
You're assuming that WIS users mimic the general public in their handset preferences. It could be that even if there are less of them, iOS users spend more time and/or money on WIS than Android users. I certainly don't know - but WIS should if they are using their site analytics correctly.

I'm just glad they are hiring 6 new developers.

2/11/2013 7:16 PM (edited)
How do you know the new developers won't be working on a new Drag Racing game or a Women's Soccer dynasty game? A simulated dog track game would be great!
2/13/2013 8:43 PM
Women's drag soccer.  Yes.  Immediately.
2/13/2013 8:52 PM
Perhaps they already have a few people that are familiar with Droid?
2/14/2013 10:51 AM
yeah, great...6 new developers so we can continue to not get HBD updates.  Yay!!!

What exactly does WifS do with their time?  Remember when they told us we would start having weekly chats again?  And updates?  Sure seems like they suck anymore.          
2/14/2013 4:39 PM
When did they say they would have weekly chats?
2/14/2013 5:19 PM
Winter is coming...
2/14/2013 10:47 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/14/2013 5:19:00 PM (view original):
When did they say they would have weekly chats?
Awhile back when they apologized for neglecting the game after Fox bought them out. It may have been bi-weekly or monthly. Either way it never happened.
2/15/2013 11:33 AM
WhatIfSports and FoxSports Are Growing! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.