Would you re-sign this FC? Topic

Cy Thompson.

Thompson was my AAA bench coach last season, and wants to be my FC this season; he wants $630K.  My FC last season, with his 93 fielding rating and his 76 loyalty, won't re-sign.  I don't have unusually much cash on hand nor an unusually tight budget, and my prospect profile is skewed slightly up the middle (my #1 pick last season is a Catcher). 

Would you re-sign Thompson or enter the market?

2/12/2013 7:54 PM
In my opinion, FC is the most important coach in your organization.

I would not settle for a 60 FC.
2/12/2013 8:35 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/12/2013 8:35:00 PM (view original):
In my opinion, FC is the most important coach in your organization.

I would not settle for a 60 FC.
That's how I'm leaning-- but I wondered if the 92 patience and 71 discipline would sway anybody the other way despite the 60 fielding.
2/12/2013 8:41 PM
If he had a very high loyalty rating (ie, 75+), I would resign him since his fielding rating will be over 70 in 3 seasons. But with such a low loyalty rating it's unlikely he will still be around when he becomes a top-level coach and you (probably) could sign a better replacement in the short term for not much more money.
2/13/2013 4:10 PM
Would you re-sign this FC? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.