Where in the line up do I put these guys? Topic

Going into a new season and I have to improve my RBI's...so I was wondering where the forum might put these guys in the order.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Darron Dorsey
I acquired him last year and had him him in the 3 spot the majority of time....didn't work. I think I'll be dropping him to the 7th spot this season.

then there is:

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Douglas Washington
Two seasons ago he hit over .300 in the #2 spot...he didn't do so good last season...so I started moving him around...I looking at 5 or 6 this season...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
thanks in advance.

4/6/2013 5:44 PM
Try this.  Sometimes the suggestions aren't intuitive but it has worked for me.

http://www.baseballmusings.com/cgi-bin/LineupAnalysis.py

4/6/2013 7:14 PM
it really depends on the other seven guys in your lineup where these two guys are best suited to be slotted.  A guy who is the best option for the three hole on one team might be hitting in the six hole for another.
4/6/2013 9:12 PM
Typically I put my best all-around hitter in the 3 hole. I put my best eye+speed+baserunner in leadoff, then best OBP + base stealer at 2. From 4 on down, I just go in descending order of SLG PCT. Don't know if that's the best way, but I'm kinda stuck on that strategy right now.
4/7/2013 9:00 AM
In MLB, the #3 hitter is the spot where the batter hits most often with no one on.    I tend to put a high OBP guy there.
4/7/2013 11:00 AM
Posted by keithjs on 4/6/2013 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Try this.  Sometimes the suggestions aren't intuitive but it has worked for me.

http://www.baseballmusings.com/cgi-bin/LineupAnalysis.py

Interesting. I used a SSS of just this season, but based on stats I should be hitting my #8 hitter in the 3 hole.
4/7/2013 5:51 PM
Please see previous post wrt #3.
4/7/2013 6:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/7/2013 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Please see previous post wrt #3.
Call me a traditionalist, but I will continue to put my best hitter in the 3 spot.
4/7/2013 6:58 PM
This has helped.

Besides the OBP, does a hitters vs L/R splits account for much...I have one hitter with high 70s for contact and power and mid 50's vs L/R handed pitching.

He did awesome for me in the 6 and 7 spot last year.
4/8/2013 1:57 PM
Where in the line up do I put these guys? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.