And you threw out three consecutive 108+ loss teams when you started in that world.   No tanking?

7/3/2013 8:47 AM
Posted by greeny9 on 7/2/2013 3:42:00 PM (view original):
MWR and a max prospect transfer. To see some teams spend 40 mill on an IFA is insane. I came up with a rule addition to that particular rule in Yaz where you can spend as much as you need to to sign all of your draft prospects as you want, then you can't spend more then a set amount be it 25 or 27 million on IFAs. This way EVERY team that chooses to hunt for IFAs has an equal shot at the best ones.
Hello Mr.Puig! :)

And, to the OP, MWR (progressive).
7/3/2013 8:54 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2013 8:42:00 AM (view original):
When was that rule put in place?   Looks like the Ottawa franchise benefitted from it.   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Juan Polanco
Looks like you need to work on your reading comprehension.   He proposed the rule and we all slapped it down like the POS idea that it is.
7/3/2013 10:39 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2013 8:47:00 AM (view original):
And you threw out three consecutive 108+ loss teams when you started in that world.   No tanking?

It was because of shenanigans like that that we brought in our MWR in Yaz.  Keep 'em coming.
7/3/2013 10:42 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2013 8:45:00 AM (view original):
LOL.  I went back to season 20.  Polanco had the 4th highest bonus and no one got as much as 30m.

You're possibly the most dishonest owner in HBD.   Good thing your brother is commish so he can help you out with IFA.
I don't know what special powers the commish has to help someone's IFA scouts "see" a prospect, and then ensure that he gets the top bid.  I propose that WiS disallows such powers, if in fact they are real.  Get your facts straight before spouting off at the mouth.
7/3/2013 10:45 AM
MWR and a max prospect transfer. To see some teams spend 40 mill on an IFA is insane. I came up with a rule addition to that particular rule in Yaz where you can spend as much as you need to to sign all of your draft prospects as you want, then you can't spend more then a set amount be it 25 or 27 million on IFAs. This way EVERY team that chooses to hunt for IFAs has an equal shot at the best ones.
If you care for Yaz world at all, just stick to the pit, please.
7/3/2013 10:45 AM
Posted by shobob on 7/3/2013 10:46:00 AM (view original):
LOL.  I went back to season 20.  Polanco had the 4th highest bonus and no one got as much as 30m.

You're possibly the most dishonest owner in HBD.   Good thing your brother is commish so he can help you out with IFA.
I don't know what special powers the commish has to help someone's IFA scouts "see" a prospect, and then ensure that he gets the top bid.  I propose that WiS disallows such powers, if in fact they are real.  Get your facts straight before spouting off at the mouth.
Nevermind.   Your bro made it sound like the rule he proposed was implemented.  
7/3/2013 12:31 PM

I was brand new to HBD at the time.  I had no idea what I was doing obviously.  And you have no idea how bad that franchise was when I took it over.  I did the best thing that I thought I could do at the time.  I wouldnt do that again today because I understand the game a bit better.
7/3/2013 12:35 PM

As has been reported the rule isnt in place, I wasnt clear enough in my post I admit.  But I didnt say that we implemented it.  We discussed it a couple months ago, but never came to a decision.
7/3/2013 12:39 PM
Posted by shobob on 7/3/2013 10:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2013 8:42:00 AM (view original):
When was that rule put in place?   Looks like the Ottawa franchise benefitted from it.   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Juan Polanco
Looks like you need to work on your reading comprehension.   He proposed the rule and we all slapped it down like the POS idea that it is.
Actually it wasnt slapped down like a POS, it was discussed and 4 other owners thought it was a good idea, nobody said they didnt like it Shobob.  
7/3/2013 12:40 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 7/3/2013 12:35:00 PM (view original):

I was brand new to HBD at the time.  I had no idea what I was doing obviously.  And you have no idea how bad that franchise was when I took it over.  I did the best thing that I thought I could do at the time.  I wouldnt do that again today because I understand the game a bit better.
I'd believe this if you weren't cutting payroll while losing more games.   Whether you knew what you were doing or not, you knew you were losing a bunch of games and you knew you were cutting payroll.   It's straight from the tanker's handbook.
7/3/2013 12:41 PM
Posted by shobob on 7/3/2013 10:45:00 AM (view original):
If you care for Yaz world at all, just stick to the pit, please.
I will post where I please Shobob, especially when I am offering a suggestion for an addition to a good rule that will in my belief make it fairer for the whole world.
7/3/2013 12:44 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2013 12:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by greeny9 on 7/3/2013 12:35:00 PM (view original):

I'd believe this if you weren't cutting payroll while losing more games.   Whether you knew what you were doing or not, you knew you were losing a bunch of games and you knew you were cutting payroll.   It's straight from the tanker's handbook.
I suppose that MikeT has never cut payroll before?  Or never lost over 100 games?  Since those 3 first seasons of my HBD experience Ive only have 1 100 loss season that wasnt a replacement.  in 30 seasons I dont think that is so bad.  Maybe not elite level manager level like MikeT, I will have to admit.
7/3/2013 12:54 PM
I've had one season below 60m.   Won 75 games in my first season in the world.

I've earned one 100 loss season.   See "The TWC" thread and you'll know why. 

Now, you put together three 108+ loss season while cutting payroll.   Giving you "I didn't know what I was doing" in the first one, there's no excuse for season 2 and 3.  You knew what you were doing at that point.   Almost every n00b thinks "I have to have a team of all-stars.  I can only do that with high picks and high-priced IFA" and they go about trying to do just that.
7/3/2013 1:08 PM
Did I not say that I am not the elite manager that you are?

But seriously you started playing HBD day 1.  So you started with teams that were anywhere from slightly bad to slightly good.  Brand new worlds teams never start thrashed like you often times find when you take a team over that has had 2 different owners in 3 seasons.

Yep, so I was just like almost every noob out there.  Im not sorry for that,  Ive learned a bit since then, and wont be doing the same thing again, thats what counts.
7/3/2013 1:27 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.