Who plays 3rd and who plays CF? Topic

I have a dilemma, I have to decide between  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Amos Gray and  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Clarence Boyle for who to play 3B and who to put at CF. They're ratings are pretty much a wash, so I'm curious which position is harder on players (i.e. is the less durable Boyle more suited for CF because he can play more games there?). 
8/16/2013 4:45 PM

Neither one of them has the range to be a "good" CF.

8/16/2013 4:59 PM
I don't think it will make a gnat's butt worth of difference.  Their ratings are too close.  You'll get a few + plays because of their arms in CF, and a few less - plays because of their range. 

Both will be great 3B, but that wasn't the question. 

But I would play Gray in CF.  He has the better bat and the way better durability.  He can play everyday.  Boyle needs to miss 30 starts, or so.  Finding an adequate guy to platoon/switch off with Boyle at 3B will be a lot easier than finding one to platoon in CF.
8/16/2013 5:50 PM
If these really are your only choices then I'd play Gray in CF and Boyle at 3rd
8/16/2013 6:20 PM
Neither is a great shortstop. Other than that, either could play anywhere but catcher. If your torn, trade one of them for something you're needing.
8/16/2013 10:09 PM (edited)
Does anyone play short stops in CF? Does the extra arm show in assists and + plays more than normal?
8/22/2013 12:07 AM
I played a SS who was getting a little too bad defensively for SS at CF.  The guy was a monster out there, the arm strength and accuracy makes up in a way for range or glove.  Not exactly, but IMHO a very worthwhile thing to do with a SS whos losing their def but still has a good bat for SS or CF.
8/22/2013 12:39 PM
Posted by mezirah on 8/22/2013 12:07:00 AM (view original):
Does anyone play short stops in CF? Does the extra arm show in assists and + plays more than normal?
I played Amos Taylor in CF for a number of season until he lost his range.  He cleaned up on + plays, mostly due to his arm, and won seven Gold Gloves.
8/22/2013 2:43 PM
Who plays 3rd and who plays CF? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.