Coaches resigning for trivial amounts Topic

So looking at some of the coaches in my world, in the first year they sign with the team they'll sign for a market price (Aka in the millions of dollars range for a MLB top coach), but then the next 2 years or so they'll resign with that same team for like 750k. How does that happen? Is it just the AI deciding they'll resign for less aka I have no control over it? They're loyalty ratings weren't even that high either.

Thanks
9/13/2013 2:28 PM
Probably fielding instructors.   And, yes, those teams hit the coach hiring lottery.
9/13/2013 2:29 PM
Yes the coach I Was talking about is a fielding instructors, the reason I asked is because my fielding instructor went for top dollar this season, but in the past he was one of the coaches that i described above. Will he resign for smaller amounts next season then?  Is it only fielding instructors that are like this?

Thanks 
9/13/2013 2:42 PM
No way to know until you roll.   That's why I called it a lottery.

BU, FI, 1B and 3B coaches signed for big bucks might come back on the cheap.
9/13/2013 2:51 PM
Fielding instructors represent one of the biggest flaws in this game.  I've signed a good young one with a good loyalty rating for something like 5.5 M, because I knew that I would have a good one for many seasons to come for 750K.  Totally worth it.
9/13/2013 3:12 PM
Posted by shobob on 9/13/2013 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Fielding instructors represent one of the biggest flaws in this game.  I've signed a good young one with a good loyalty rating for something like 5.5 M, because I knew that I would have a good one for many seasons to come for 750K.  Totally worth it.
Who is it? Hows it working out?
9/14/2013 1:06 AM
This guy.  I would have liked to have had him for more than 4 seasons, but I'd pay that 6.3M  again in a heartbeat (I'm VC).
9/14/2013 10:21 AM
As follow up my world is currently filling up, so trying to plan moves ahead of time. In the rehire coaches page right now, it gives me the "red eye icon, looking at all franchises" next to him and his demanded salary is $750k after being $4m+ last season. The help page says that I will have to compete against all other franchises, when in the past, everytime he's signed for big contract with a new team he's stayed with that team next season for $750k. However, if he goes on the open market he will definitely command a premium. Does that I mean I just got unlucky then? Thanks in advance!

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/CoachProfile.aspx?cid=448685
10/25/2013 11:30 AM
Posted by bglick on 10/25/2013 11:30:00 AM (view original):
As follow up my world is currently filling up, so trying to plan moves ahead of time. In the rehire coaches page right now, it gives me the "red eye icon, looking at all franchises" next to him and his demanded salary is $750k after being $4m+ last season. The help page says that I will have to compete against all other franchises, when in the past, everytime he's signed for big contract with a new team he's stayed with that team next season for $750k. However, if he goes on the open market he will definitely command a premium. Does that I mean I just got unlucky then? Thanks in advance!

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/CoachProfile.aspx?cid=448685
Yes, you got unlucky.
10/25/2013 11:57 AM
No you hired a guy with 45 loyalty and expected him to stay, that's not unlucky.
10/25/2013 12:44 PM
Posted by crickett13 on 10/25/2013 12:44:00 PM (view original):
No you hired a guy with 45 loyalty and expected him to stay, that's not unlucky.
He's stayed with every other team he's been with for at least one season after initial signing for the last 9 years... 
10/25/2013 1:02 PM
That's still no guarantee that he'll resign.  It's like rolling a pair of dice.  Just because you roll three 7's in a row does not make it any more likely that you'll get a 7 on your fourth roll.
10/25/2013 1:05 PM
It's kinda like saying the guy with 45 health had no DL stints for 9 years and then got a major injury.  It's unlucky in the sense that, odds are, no particular player is likely to get hurt in any particular season.  But he has a 45 health rating.  

I know it's different, but you can't look at a guy with 45 loyalty and think "wow, I'm surprised he didn't stay."  Is it unlucky? Yes, in the sense that most coaches stay.  But you should'nt be too upset when they go.

10/25/2013 1:08 PM
Ok thanks for the help.

FWIW, I'm not devasted by it, and yes I am aware that he had a low loyalty rating.  Clearly that didn't stop him from being loyal in his entire coaching career so far, but I'm not broken up about it. I was just curious since his demands are only $750k, and thought maybe that was a sign that he would sign with me in the regular coaching signing period or something. 
10/25/2013 2:40 PM
Don't get me wrong it wasn't a bad hire at all but a 45 loyalty is a risk. You cant always get a good FI with a high loyalty and even they leave eventually.
10/26/2013 3:20 PM
12 Next ▸
Coaches resigning for trivial amounts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.