I traded for a fatigued pitcher 0 (0)  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Eugene Ross and am know wondering how long he's going to have to sit to begin recovering?  Should I send him to minors and inactivate or will be he ready in about another (game) week?  Can't really afford the dead roster spot for too much longer.  Thanks!
9/16/2013 11:43 AM
It'll take quite some time; he threw 334 pitches over 7 HBD days starting at 4% on the first day of that.  I'd guess a few HBD weeks at least, but there are other who know this particular time frame better than I.
9/16/2013 11:54 AM
Yikes.  Probably should have asked this before I traded for him.
9/16/2013 11:58 AM
That leads to a service time question on a potential callup.  Will  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Davey Doyle avoid arbitration this coming season even if I use him the rest of this year.  His service time reads 2.008 and we're through 39 games this season.  I would think he'd be fine, but he still shows up on the arb report.  Thanks.
9/16/2013 12:04 PM

If I'm reading the OP right, you haven't assigned him to a level.   If that's correct, he won't recover. 

9/16/2013 1:27 PM
He's on the Major League roster set to 'rest'.
9/16/2013 1:53 PM
BTW, I'd give mpwood a virtual punch in the throat.     It's common courtesy to rest players after a deal have been accepted.
9/16/2013 4:58 PM
That's a pretty slimy thing for him to do, obviously he believes in the old buyer beware adage.  I'd make sure everyone was aware that he traded a guy he ran into the ground and would ignore any future trade talk with this slimebag.  Still 30 other owners in that world for you to trade with so no big deal putting one on your list of people to ignore.
9/17/2013 11:00 PM
Posted by grissom97 on 9/17/2013 11:00:00 PM (view original):
That's a pretty slimy thing for him to do, obviously he believes in the old buyer beware adage.  I'd make sure everyone was aware that he traded a guy he ran into the ground and would ignore any future trade talk with this slimebag.  Still 30 other owners in that world for you to trade with so no big deal putting one on your list of people to ignore.
Yep. That's the type of **** that makes people not renew if they're on the borderline. Especially with the state of HBD, the current owners need to adhere to a certain level of etiquette if they want to keep their worlds running without a 9 month rollover wait. 
9/19/2013 12:15 PM
Yea I'm in that league and the guys entire ML pitching staff was at 0(0) for a good 2-3 HBD weeks.  Safe to say he's not the greatest owner.
9/19/2013 12:37 PM
Gdmetz, WIS - back when it gave a damn - would occasionally reset players like this. Given that you're a new owner, I'd send a ticket, throw yourself on the mercy of the court, emphasize that you're a new owner, the other owner is crappola and that this experience makes it less likely for you to continue onto another season. Tell them you know you're asking a special favor, but that you'd very much appreciate their help. Might work.
9/20/2013 6:00 PM
Don't think that will work, js.  They're taking a hard line on all rules these days.  Doesn't seem like they want to cut anyone slack, no gray area any more.  These are the rules no exceptions.
9/21/2013 1:23 PM
The reason they have taken a hard line is because their customer base started making outrageous requests and then ******** in the forum about how they made an exception in a similar almost exactly the same but totally different situation.
9/21/2013 8:39 PM
I was a big supporter of theirs until recently but no more
9/23/2013 9:58 PM
the good news is he has options.... send him down to the minors and make him inactive while you bring up a pitcher who can play for you right away....
9/24/2013 10:53 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.