Dear HBD Owners,
Every now and then, we run into a situation where it takes longer to fill worlds than usual. We are always running small marketing campaigns and ramp up at certain peak times (such as after MLB World Series concludes). But there may reach a point where you, as owners, don't want to wait any longer to fill your world.
Merging multiple worlds is an option. We can merge any number of worlds into one. It takes some effort on behalf of the owners to reach a point where a merger is possible, but it happens. Today, the Joey Belle and Regulars worlds merged.
Here's what's needed to merge worlds:
- Need exactly 32 owners of franchises willing to move from predefined set of worlds
- Need near unanimous approval from owners in worlds considering the merge that a merger is desired
- Need even alignment across two leagues and four divisions. This includes making sure cities are eligible for the region.
- New commissioner to run the merger and world after merger
- Communication with Customer Support via this commissioner
Once all of the above is met, it can take up to a week for the merger to occur as it takes dev team approximately 3 hours to complete the merger.
When worlds merge, all current information is carried over. Players, coaches, contracts, rosters, budgets, etc. However, all historical data is lost. That's the big pill to swallow - historical data can no longer be accessed.
We wanted to toss this topic out today since a merger is fresh in our mind and because there are a few private worlds needing 10+ owners at the moment.
We'll be ramping up HBD marketing across FOX now that the World Series is over, so this may not be needed but we wanted to out it out as an option to all.