What do you do with a guy having an awful year? Topic

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Felipe Jose  Keep throwing him out there, or sit him down for a long stretch?
12/27/2013 8:16 PM

Shorten his pitch count, increase his pull rating.

Relievers need to be evaluated a little differently than starters, since a couple of bad outings will really skew their numbers.

He's had 11 scoreless outings (out of 21 appearances) and only 3 "blowups".  Keep him out there, the numbers will eventually normailize.

12/27/2013 8:30 PM
12 scoreless innings shaves 2 runs off his ERA.  22 scoreless shaves 3.
12/28/2013 6:57 AM
Thanks for the advice, but how about in general though?  The career .880 slugger who's .630 a full third through the season.  Has anyone had success sitting them for a couple weeks, or is it better to just keep putting him in the lineup?  Just curious to hear what other owners do when they have one of these situations.
12/28/2013 1:04 PM
Depends on your other options.   I'll bench guys for capable players.  Truthfully, the "better" player should always be in the game if he's 100% because it's just numbers vs. numbers.   Players aren't worried about bad investments, bitchy wives, money-grubbing relatives or poor bowel movements.    It's just 63 vs 74 and 74 is alwasy better.
12/28/2013 2:36 PM
but does WIS generate slump years. seems like they do
12/28/2013 10:24 PM
They do not.
12/28/2013 11:06 PM
At least, they have denied slumps; they claim that every game is independent of the previous game.  I'd tend to believe that.
12/28/2013 11:16 PM
What Ryan Garko is doing to me this year is sickening. Batting like a SS this year... 

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Ryan Garko
12/30/2013 11:22 AM
they can code anything they want. i dont believe a word WIS says. i trust my instincts. seems to me WIS gives us a clue when theyre having great spring trainings. than the regular season is another block and the playoffs in another one. only trust results. nobody can argue results.
1/5/2014 12:07 AM
It's called "regression to the norm." Keep putting the player out there. Over the course of a season, you may get a dud (or sometimes the odd great season, too), but generally, a player's performance will "regress" up or down to the norm of his ratings.
1/5/2014 9:23 AM
Posted by nordique93 on 1/5/2014 12:07:00 AM (view original):
they can code anything they want. i dont believe a word WIS says. i trust my instincts. seems to me WIS gives us a clue when theyre having great spring trainings. than the regular season is another block and the playoffs in another one. only trust results. nobody can argue results.
"seems to me WIS gives us a clue when theyre having great spring trainings"

Dumbest post ever.

ST results should be completely ignored because (a) 18 games is an insignificant sample size, and (b) you are often playing against young prospects who may still be a number of seasons away from being ML ready.
1/5/2014 10:56 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/5/2014 10:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by nordique93 on 1/5/2014 12:07:00 AM (view original):
"seems to me WIS gives us a clue when theyre having great spring trainings"

Dumbest post ever.

ST results should be completely ignored because (a) 18 games is an insignificant sample size, and (b) you are often playing against young prospects who may still be a number of seasons away from being ML ready.
like im gonna pay any attention to the worst player in HBD history. 0 championship in 85 seasons...results dont lie, u suck at this game.
1/5/2014 1:51 PM
While pointing out that tec sucks at HBD is a legit point, he's right.   No one is trying to win ST games.    Most of us pitch our BL players maybe 3 times and give hour hitters 10-20 AB.    Blasting my LoA pitching doesn't mean you're having a good season. 

Your statement is akin to saying "I'm gonna be awesome in 3 seasons because my HiA team is 100-22 right now!!!!"
1/5/2014 4:26 PM
youre focusing too much on my spring training statement, although ive seen some clues as who will have a good regular season. im convinced theres some coding in place for a good and a bad regular season, and u can usually tell pretty early. and im pretty darn sure theres somekind of a reset for the playoffs.
1/5/2014 7:30 PM
123 Next ▸
What do you do with a guy having an awful year? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.