Abitration/Long-term bug Topic

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Robert Olson   76 overall, 2 arbs, 6.3m per.    Only pitcher I've listed.
2/24/2014 3:27 PM

I've got two guys in Mantle who will both be arb-2 next season.  Exact amount of ML service time, since they were called up together.  One's a 75 OVR, the other's a 78 OVR.

My guess is that the LT demands of the 75 OVR will be greater than the demands of the 78 OVR.  We'll find out in a week or so.

2/24/2014 3:29 PM
Food for thought
2/24/2014 4:52 PM
I'm confused on how you can offer a long-term contract after the arbitration hearings have started.  The arbitration page only lists "Arbitrate"  There's no option for "Negotiate Long-Term Deal" any longer.  Do you just immediately go to the Free Agent Report after the Arbitration hearing to offer a long-term deal?
2/27/2014 10:18 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/24/2014 3:29:00 PM (view original):

I've got two guys in Mantle who will both be arb-2 next season.  Exact amount of ML service time, since they were called up together.  One's a 75 OVR, the other's a 78 OVR.

My guess is that the LT demands of the 75 OVR will be greater than the demands of the 78 OVR.  We'll find out in a week or so.

Are you saying that the demands of the 75 OVR will be higher because of greater statistical achievement?
2/27/2014 10:21 AM
Posted by shobob on 2/27/2014 10:21:00 AM (view original):

Are you saying that the demands of the 75 OVR will be higher because of greater statistical achievement?
Possibly.  The 75 guy gets more playing time and generates far more production than the 78 guy.

Here are the two guys:

Maicer Rosario - 75 OVR
John Weston - 78 OVR
2/27/2014 10:38 AM (edited)
Posted by zyrion on 2/27/2014 10:18:00 AM (view original):
I'm confused on how you can offer a long-term contract after the arbitration hearings have started.  The arbitration page only lists "Arbitrate"  There's no option for "Negotiate Long-Term Deal" any longer.  Do you just immediately go to the Free Agent Report after the Arbitration hearing to offer a long-term deal?
In the middle of the page, there's a "negotiate long term deal" option.
2/27/2014 10:52 AM
Ahh, I see it now.  I was looking at the first screen with all my arbitration-eligible players.  Thanks for the help!
2/27/2014 11:56 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/27/2014 10:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shobob on 2/27/2014 10:21:00 AM (view original):

Possibly.  The 75 guy gets more playing time and generates far more production than the 78 guy.

Here are the two guys:

Maicer Rosario - 75 OVR
John Weston - 78 OVR
Well, I stand corrected.  Kind of.

Rosario (the 75 guy) has an arb-2 demand of $4.5m, and long term demands of 5 x $5.8m (total of $29m).

Weston (the 78 guy) has an arb-2 demand of $378k, and long term demands of 4 x$6.5m (total of $26m).

So the arb demands are performance based (which we already knew), but the long-term demands do seem to be tied more to OVR.

The higher OVR guy is asking for more per season ($6.5m vs $5.8m), but for one less year for a slightly smaller total contract value.  I suspect that may be because he's 2 years older than the other guy.

3/7/2014 2:38 PM
Sounds like the conclusion is not to do this with arb3 guys because, once arbbed, immediate new status is they are going to FA and you have to count on the player wanting to stay. But Arb2 guys it should work since they always will sign, however, you run the risk of signing a guy a full season early that may take a massive injury.

It is always the idea to wait to sign would-be FA's until end of the year for this reason, and exploiting the arb2 bug is a mile ahead too early. Not sure if it's worth the risk. Unless your guys's little experiments confirm demands go up in the 5th year (by enough) to consider it a saving. It hasn't been my experience it goes up each year, but I'm not 100%.

Keep us posted.
3/7/2014 4:56 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Zachrey Duran is probably going to be a test case.    Up for arb 3 and, despite his ratings, I'm considering the arb.   Wants 3x6 LT.  
3/7/2014 5:23 PM
Post the results, please.  Will you use SCU's method?
3/7/2014 9:09 PM
No.  I'll arb him this season and see what happens next season.  
3/8/2014 7:21 AM
I just tested the theory with  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Joseph Yoshii

(1) Went to arbitration screen
(2) Made arb offer
(3) Clicked "long-term contracts" immediately upon arb settlement
(4) Went to long-term contract screen
(5) Made 5-year offer

Yoshii was in his 3rd arb year.  He took the long-term deal and is now signed to a six-year deal.
3/11/2014 8:54 AM
Just had this guy not take the LT deal after the 3rd Arb. http://www.wisjournal.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4009587

(1) Went to arbitration screen
(2) Made arb offer
(3) Clicked "long-term contracts" immediately upon arb settlement
(4) Went to long-term contract screen
(5) Made 5-year offer
(6) HE SAID NO!

3/11/2014 10:54 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Abitration/Long-term bug Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.