This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
"HBD was offline as scheduled this morning so we could perform some data maintenance and an upgrade.  The upgrade consisted of under-the-hood changes as we jumped forward in our technology. This "jump" puts us in much better shape to make updates to the game as it was all by itself in an older development environment."

I suppose that, rather than ignore the game for however long it's been since the last significant update with ZERO communication to their HBD customer base, it would have been better to at least say something along the lines of:

"We hear your frustration about the lack of updates to HBD.  Part of the problem is that the game engine currently resides on older software technology that is difficult to maintain.  We have made a decision to upgrade the software infrastructure that hosts the HBD game engine to newer technology that will position us to be able to resume game updates on a regular basis, as we used to do in the past.  This is not a trivial task and will require many months of planning and internal testing before actual implementation.  We will provide updates on where we are with this process as we go along.  Thanks for your patience and understanding."

12/16/2014 2:36 PM
Yes, that would probably have been ideal.  But since they never gave that, one can only hope that it is a productive step forward.
12/16/2014 3:49 PM
I won both of my double games.  I don't see a problem.
12/16/2014 4:40 PM
So is anyone else trying to figure out what they might have done between 11:30 and 12:10 today?   
12/16/2014 7:38 PM
I was eating lunch.
12/16/2014 7:40 PM
Do you have anyone who'll confirm your "supposed" alibi?
12/16/2014 7:46 PM
(damn)
12/16/2014 7:55 PM
I was watching my son throw up.  He was there so he might be able to be my alibi, but he was kind of busy at the time, so maybe not.
12/16/2014 8:02 PM
I was stuck on "the 101".
12/16/2014 8:10 PM
I was either napping or watching the finale of Futurama, I can't quite remember.
12/16/2014 8:14 PM
I was at my son's Christmas Party!   is a room full of 7 year old kids  a good alibi?
12/16/2014 8:25 PM
Uh, I guess it depends on the charges.
12/16/2014 8:30 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.