Critical news debate Topic

Posted by overeasy on 5/7/2015 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Am I missing something?  Other than losing the ability to predict the final ratings for other people's prospects, I am not seeing a strong pull to alter my Advanced scouting budget in this update.
If you build from within and don't trade a bunch then probably not.

I would be concerned with the "A few other prospect-player development adjustments we'd prefer not to explicitly detail".

That would lead me to believe that development will not be quite so formulaic, and therefore you may not even be able to project your own players very accurately.
5/7/2015 3:39 PM
With any luck, max ADV will produce damn close to projections while 0 ADV will be so far off that it's pointless(like now).
I'm wondering if this will affect players who have already been drafted, or I the new development patterns will only go into effect for new players who appear after the update.
Instead of the normal 90% of growth occurring within the first 4 pro years I'm betting it will have variance, both in developmental years and perhaps cyclic development.
Well, as a group we've been ******** about the lack of changes to the game engine for years.

So now, like it or not, we're finally getting what we've been asking for.

This is a good thing.

5/7/2015 3:40 PM
The people who will benefit the most are those who just took I've teams this season and haven't zeroed out their adv budgets. Also the people who were too dumb to zero them out in the first place. Maybe they were on to something?
5/7/2015 3:42 PM
  • A new, fuzzier projected rating system will be introduced for high school, college and international scouting.*
This is the one that seems like the most concerning.  How fuzzy are we talking?  Do we suddenly start drafting first rounders or paying big money to IFAs and have them turn out to be busts even with high draft or IFA scouting budgets?

5/7/2015 3:42 PM
Also, has anyone suggested adding new cities and logos? Because that's the change I'd really like to see.
5/7/2015 3:43 PM
Posted by overeasy on 5/7/2015 3:42:00 PM (view original):
  • A new, fuzzier projected rating system will be introduced for high school, college and international scouting.*
This is the one that seems like the most concerning.  How fuzzy are we talking?  Do we suddenly start drafting first rounders or paying big money to IFAs and have them turn out to be busts even with high draft of IFA scouting budgets?

Busts, indeed...
I will likely be very hurt by the changes due to where my teams are right now.   However, a lot of these changes run parallel to what I felt HAD to be changed.   So I can't ***** when I win 64 games.
Question, if you can't see historical ratings for players, would a potential drawback occur for older players declining?  Meaning, you wouldn't be able to see how fast they are declining unless they were on your own team correct?
Posted by arcticlegend on 5/7/2015 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Wow, this will change everything. I don't know if I like it or dislike it, but it'll be interesting.

I've been playing this game for about a year and a half, and I was just thinkin I have it figured out. But now it'll be a new challenge to learn the new way of doing things.

By the way, is it just me, or is this pretty much the biggest change they've ever made to the game play?
There have been other "big" changes to the game, but this certainly is one of the biggest ones in terms of impact to how we will need to approach planning and player evaluation.
5/7/2015 3:44 PM
Posted by overeasy on 5/7/2015 3:43:00 PM (view original):
This is the one that seems like the most concerning.  How fuzzy are we talking?  Do we suddenly start drafting first rounders or paying big money to IFAs and have them turn out to be busts even with high draft or IFA scouting budgets?

I hope so. That'd make this game a lot more like actual baseball. We need a few more Delmon Youngs - players who go #1 overall but turn out to be pretty worthless.

Also, for accuracy's sake, the players should commit drunken hate crimes on occasion.
5/7/2015 3:44 PM
Posted by dafood on 5/7/2015 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Question, if you can't see historical ratings for players, would a potential drawback occur for older players declining?  Meaning, you wouldn't be able to see how fast they are declining unless they were on your own team correct?
Correct.
5/7/2015 3:45 PM
Posted by overeasy on 5/7/2015 3:43:00 PM (view original):

Hopefully, it's A-F or 1-8 instead of exact numbers.    1 would 88-100, for instance, instead of 93.

I don't think we're talking about seeing a future HOFer, with high ADV, and having a LoA career.

That would cause a lot of people to either quit or just punt player development.   And that would be the death of HBD.
5/7/2015 3:46 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.