Critical news debate Topic

Every suggestion I see is some version of "I still need to be able to run 0 somewhere without much penalty."
5/8/2015 11:12 AM
A few questions from thread we want to answer:
  • Will we be able to see ratings history when player retires?  Yes
  • Will we be able to see ratings history when player is free-agent?  Yes (too important to not show)
  • Do away with budget analysis page - Debated this one and open to only showing current season values.
We'll be exploring some ideas mentioned throughout the tread as well.

5/8/2015 11:13 AM
The big question that I hope you can answer:

Will ADV affect projections of prospects?
Or will HS/IFA/College budgets still be responsbile for those projections?
5/8/2015 11:29 AM
Agreed, I think that's the Critical question.

5/8/2015 11:30 AM
That is very important - because many owners would be screwed for 3 years
5/8/2015 11:31 AM
I'm just mad because I had just gotten down to 0 after waiting several years - now I won't even get the benefit of that before being screwed. Its wrong to punish owners who are your paying customers for a flaw you designed into the game
5/8/2015 11:34 AM
So I'd be in favor of a $10 mil reset of advanced scoutingscouting for those currently below it
5/8/2015 11:35 AM
But others who would prefer to stay at 0 would hate that - in any case I'd prefer more flexibility than the $4mil thrrshold
5/8/2015 11:36 AM
So we'll be able to see ratings history for free agents? Cool. Then I'm not worrying at all about the changes to adv. I'll stay at 0, though I'm sure some others will want to increase (unless Mike's theory about using adv for the draft turns out to be true). I guess that's the entire point of this update, to make multiple adv strategies possible.

To me, the real changes are going to be the draft and intl projections. I'm looking forward to seeing how elf hose play out.
5/8/2015 11:37 AM
Why do away with the budget analysis page and show current values? I think hiding the current values would enhance the game. Owners can and do use other owners budget information when bidding on free agents and international prospects. It would make the game much more fun, and fair if the current budgets were not available to everyone.
5/8/2015 11:41 AM
"elf hose"?   What are you sniffing up there in the arctics?
5/8/2015 11:42 AM
Do away with budget analysis page - Debated this one and open to only showing current season values
Showing current season values does not solve the issue that we should not be able to use this page to figure out exactly how much dollars everyone in the league has to spend on an IFA.  Even if we know how much available payroll another team has (from the trade screen), we can guess the team with $42M available also has $20M in their prospect budget.  Hide it all. If a proposed trade will violate someone's payroll, then they can either tell us or send us a counter offer that won't.
5/8/2015 11:43 AM

It sure seems to me that ADV will not affect prospect projections.  Which I think is the right move personally.  If it was related it would just change to cost of scouting, but wouldn't really add a new element.

It looks to me like the point of ADV is to facilitate trading for prospects.  This is something we take for granted because it was easy to circumvent, but they just made it a lot harder to do without spending ADV money.  Without historical rankings and a well established pattern of development, only teams with ADV budgets will be able to efficiently trade for prospects.  Which seems like the goal.  There will be some 0s and some 20s, just like for the other scouting budgets instead of all 0s except for mostly just newer players.

And since not everyone is a viable trade partner anymore, players with 20 ADV have more leverage than they used to.  I think this was a well thought out change and I appreciate it.

5/8/2015 11:43 AM
I agree. Do away with all of it.
5/8/2015 11:44 AM
Regarding the budgeting page, I have to respectfully disagree with Mike and the others who advocate getting rid of it. I think the curren system is more like real baseball. In the real mlb, every team's payroll spending is well known and publicly available, and Forbes publishes their revenues and operating income every year. As for gameplay, it helps me assess which players know what they're doing and which ones aren't that good at this game. Sure, there are other ways of find in that out, but this is a good reference.

I wouldn't cry if they got rid of it, but I'm happy with the current system.
5/8/2015 11:44 AM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.