Posted by MikeT23 on 5/26/2015 1:22:00 PM (view original):
This screen would have to be changed also:
Payroll Budget Old * New *
Season 34 $53,800,000 $50,954,314 $48,746,289
Season 35 $43,200,000 $19,927,000 $14,927,000
Season 36 $37,800,000 $9,400,000 $2,800,000
Season 37 $32,400,000 $3,600,000 $3,600,000
Season 38 $27,000,000 $0 $0

Might make trading a little more difficult, you'll have to find out how much cap space an owner has by asking.   Then again, opening up a line of communication isn't the worst thing ever when trying to trade.
The downside to that is that he can "tell" you that you need to include some additional cash in order to enable the trade to go through when they in fact have plenty of cap space.  And nobody would have anyway of knowing otherwise.
5/26/2015 1:43 PM
I could live with that.  
5/26/2015 1:45 PM
That would also be real world. You think GM's tell each other the truth?
5/26/2015 1:47 PM
Posted by kahrtmen on 5/26/2015 12:33:00 PM (view original):
It's not clear to me why we should be able to see any of the budget allocations for other franchises.  I can look at a team and see how much he has spent on payroll.  Why should I be able to know how much he can possibly spend?  Leaving the prospect payroll value still visible (especially with the transfer amounts visible) makes it so that this change doesn't really affect anything.  At any given point I know exactly how much every other team can bid on an IFA.  
This ^^^^^^

I think knowing what is possible for other teams to spend is big problem.  I've used this strategy at times myself and I hate it to be honest.  Make all of it invisible to other players.

[edit:  never mind - I see the new poll]
5/26/2015 1:55 PM (edited)
Why did they remove current ratings for IFA (and I assume draft prospects)? I can see current ratings for players on other teams. I can see current and projected ratings for tryout camp players. If my scout is standing there watching the player, he can't tell me what his current abilities are??? Only his future projections?? Very odd logic
5/26/2015 2:00 PM
Posted by mchales_army on 5/26/2015 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Like 35% have voted NO on the poll.

Is there a legitimate reason an owner might think that they should be able to see this info?

I wish someone who has voted NO would respond. I must be missing something.
5/26/2015 2:03 PM
Posted by indy_angels on 5/26/2015 2:00:00 PM (view original):
Why did they remove current ratings for IFA (and I assume draft prospects)? I can see current ratings for players on other teams. I can see current and projected ratings for tryout camp players. If my scout is standing there watching the player, he can't tell me what his current abilities are??? Only his future projections?? Very odd logic
It's to make the scouting budgets more relevant.

If you have an 18 year old with current hitting projections all in the 50's or higher, you KNOW he's going to be good, without having to look at or rely on his projections.

Without seeing currents, you only have projections, so if your scouting budget is low, you can't trust what you see.

5/26/2015 2:06 PM
But what is wrong with that. Everyone who saw Kris Bryant play in college knew he was going to be good. But not exactly how good. I think there is still value in using the scouting budget to understand exactly how good; solid ML starter, All-Star or HOF.
5/26/2015 2:18 PM
Posted by indy_angels on 5/26/2015 2:18:00 PM (view original):
But what is wrong with that. Everyone who saw Kris Bryant play in college knew he was going to be good. But not exactly how good. I think there is still value in using the scouting budget to understand exactly how good; solid ML starter, All-Star or HOF.
Because, if scouting isn't important, it's zeroed out.     It's a simulation not Kris Bryant in college type stuff.
5/26/2015 2:23 PM
"The downside to that is that he can "tell" you that you need to include some additional cash in order to enable the trade to go through when they in fact have plenty of cap space.  And nobody would have anyway of knowing otherwise."

I don't necessarily have a problem with this either. Though, you could simply make all of the other teams budgets not visible. But on the trade screen, simply show how much salary room the other team has left. Thoughts?
Posted by indy_angels on 5/26/2015 2:18:00 PM (view original):
No.

I 100% agree it isn't "realistic", BUT in order to make the game more realistic as a whole this was a necessary change.

as Mike pointed out, McGwire didn't have a 90PWR rating coming out of school. We have actual hard data to work with, which is unrealistic in itself.

What they have done is to make the am draft and IFA pool a bit more of a crap shoot the further away from 20 scouting you spend, which makes the game way more realistic.
The goal of that particular change isn't to make this like "real life".  It's to make the scouting budgets more relevant.
5/26/2015 2:24 PM
I drafted this guy 8th with 0 HS scouting.   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Randy Gagne

I didn't like any of the college players I saw so I picked him based on current ratings.   
5/26/2015 2:24 PM
Posted by mongoose_22 on 5/26/2015 2:23:00 PM (view original):
"The downside to that is that he can "tell" you that you need to include some additional cash in order to enable the trade to go through when they in fact have plenty of cap space.  And nobody would have anyway of knowing otherwise."

I don't necessarily have a problem with this either. Though, you could simply make all of the other teams budgets not visible. But on the trade screen, simply show how much salary room the other team has left. Thoughts?
Then you could "initiate a trade" with every team one at a time and nail down what each team had.
5/26/2015 2:25 PM
I think they should just shade out the Prospect Budgets... 
5/26/2015 2:29 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...26 Next ▸
May 26th Update - Feedback Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.