October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

I can't set my non-DH lineups for the Major League. It keeps defaulting to 9 guys in the lineup even though DH isn't an acceptable position.. Also, couldn't get specs to set my pitching staff for spring training. I had to go each player to set their role and it wouldn't remember some guys. Took about 6 attempts to finally get my whole pitching staff off of Rest b/c it wouldn't save properly.
10/15/2015 12:39 PM
keithjs - noted, will fix.
10/15/2015 12:40 PM
genghisxcon - what device / browser are you using? We are not able to see the issue you mentioned.
10/15/2015 12:42 PM
schlitz - I just checked you ML level and both non-DH lineups looked ok.  Were you able to figure it out, or do you believe there is still an issue?

Looking into your spring training pitching staff now.
10/15/2015 12:44 PM
schlitz - for your spring training pitching staff, I clicked Optimize and it worked the first time. Did you do something differently?
10/15/2015 12:45 PM
As someone who plays exclusively on iPhone/iPad, I have to say this redesign is the complete opposite of mobile friendly. Having to scroll for stats is cumbersome, there are unnecessary extra clicks for every task, can no longer set lineups for all situations in one screen, the drag-and-drop might work well on a PC but is stupid in the mobile interface, can no longer view entire roster in GM page, hard to find box scores, standings page is hard to read having to scroll to see standings.

I understand the concept of "change or die", but you took a simple and easy to use format and made it infinitely harder to navigate.

***Just opened my team on my iPad and I have to say the format works much better here. Still not thrilled with the layout on iPhone and probably won't play much there. However, this means that I won't play as much because I always have my iPhone with me. Given the cost associated with playing the game, if it is harder to play the game I won't be able to justify continuing to pay for this.
10/15/2015 1:37 PM (edited)
With an NL team, if you want your pitcher batting someplace other than 9th, is this possible now?

Thanks
10/15/2015 1:13 PM (edited)
Would like a save to all lineups option, as opposed to set lineup, and then click the copy to option and select which lineup to copy to

When selecting the optimize lineup it keeps reverting me back to the major league lineup even if I was trying to optimize my minor league ones
10/15/2015 1:22 PM
I'm sitting here wondering why this new format wasn't put into an app.  The webpage design is much more mobile focused now and already seems more usable on mobile.  It's easier to navigate and click on the smaller screen without miss hitting links, so definitely some pluses on the UX on mobile (especially for right-handed people, not quite as great a setup for us left-handed minority).  However, on a computer screen there is so much white space created as everything stretches out to fill a laptop screen and the layout lost most, if not all, of its concise format (which is what was so great about the larger screen viewing).  A less dense layout is great for reading/viewing, but less so for highly interactive pages.

It also seems a little counter-intuitive that most of the interaction occurs on the right half of the screen now.  On 90%+ (made up figure but the point stands) of interfaces most people interact with on a daily basis the interactive options appear on the left half or top of the screen, with the content displayed to the right of this.  I would assume the purpose of this is so that the the selections are a closer reach for right-handed people on mobile but it detracts from the experience on a larger screen.  I do like the modernized look, but if the concern was over a poor experience on mobile, separating the web and mobile experiences via an app may have been a better route here.  

I used to always go to the laptop when doing anything largely time consuming or in depth that would be difficult or tedious to do on a mobile screen (without a mouse and with a limited view).  The better layout on mobile helps a bit here, but general screen size was the primary issue, not just the screen density. As a result, I don't see myself utilizing mobile any more now for tasks I previously saved to do on a larger screen which, in my mind, defeats the purpose of drastically altering the interface from its previously concise format on larger screens. A separate mobile app coupled with updates to the formats, color schemes (to match the app), and some layout of the browser version just makes more sense since usability, not visual appeal should be the #1 priority.

I know there is research out there now stating that people don't want more apps, but there's a distinct difference between apps that don't offer much of a different 
browser versus mobile experience and apps that offer a different or improved experience than the ones found in the browser. For apps where a responsive website would be as good or better than an app; think passive websites that don't require much interaction, sites on which screen real estate isn't a major factor, or sites that you would do the same task on regardless of screen size: news or retail sites tend to fit in this category. For apps that offer a different or more focused for mobile interaction; think fantasy sports, the mobile app is focused on what people use the mobile app for: setting lineups and hitting the waiver wire, among other examples. Plus, people will download an app if they have time and/or money invested.  

I am sure I will adjust to the new format in time, but from a UX standpoint I think some survey polling on what interactions users do on mobile versus on a larger screen may have altered the strategy here a bit. 
10/15/2015 1:23 PM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 10/15/2015 12:42:00 PM (view original):
genghisxcon - what device / browser are you using? We are not able to see the issue you mentioned.
pc / ie

I'm noticing it's much worse than I thought. For the WORLD, MANAGER, and GM tabs, I can hover over these and the sub menu (is that the right word) comes up. But I move the mouse a little, and the menu disappears. With Manager tab for example, I might be able to get to Management Console, but not Lineup, Pitching Staff, etc. The GM menu comes up instead, and again I can only make the top selection before the ADMIN tab comes up. There is no trouble accessing this menu, presumably because there are no more tabs below to interfere.

I can get to pitching staff via Quick Links, but there are more problems. I can barely see the top of the x(y) fatigue indicator, as this appears between pitchers, and there isn't room for it. Also, I can only attempt to edit one pitcher's role. I say "attempt" because saving the change does nothing.
10/15/2015 1:34 PM
dherz_263 - we plan on expanding our "Save To..." button on Edit Lineups to achieve what you are looking for. just didn't make it in for this update.  We verified the other bug you mentioned and will be fixing.

DodgerBlue13 - can you give some specific examples of what you mean?  Also, please note the Quick Links bar at bottom of every page. These are based on click-through data, so they should be the 4 or 5 most common next pages owners hit.
10/15/2015 1:35 PM
When I go to any of my minor league pitching staffs, and click "Optimize" then "Save Roles" it just reverts back to pre-optimization as if I hadn't done anything.
10/15/2015 1:38 PM
Thanks, it definitely does seem to require a lot more clicks, and player cards seem a lot less useful /manageable, because the scroll is so long

Would have been a good opportunity to consolidate cards too (not sure how useful hitting ratings are for pitchers and vice versa
10/15/2015 1:39 PM
genghisxcon - do you know what version of IE you're running? when in browser, you can hit Alt-H, the About Internet Explorer to tell you.  We tested in IE 11 and Edge browser.
10/15/2015 1:39 PM
Clipboard on player card isn't working.
10/15/2015 1:42 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...35 Next ▸
October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.