October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

FYI - we just released another build with some fixes. View Details
10/16/2015 5:03 PM
Player cards stopped opening correctly right around the time ^this previous message was posted. 

Also, there used to be a button on the bottom left of the player card page that linked the player's URL for the purpose of forum posting. Has that button been moved or is it just gone now
10/16/2015 5:23 PM
All,

Here's a blast of feedback to posts starting on Page 6.

starting on page 6

psychoch - league leaders has always only sorted the standard way since it is the full list of players. team leaders is  a finite list and does not need to hit the server for the sort. This will most likley not change

DodgerBlue13 - we will be reviewing player profile column spacing to try to avoid scrolling. 

outlaw 6-4-3 - be sure to see the quick links added to bottom of page, as well as site map link. helps with advanced navigation on phone. we'll continue to evaluate experience on mobile.  Many devices, many screensizes, etc.

carpetbagger - row contrast colors is something we're looking at.  loss of sort on world list is noted.

robmb - when a managerial player change is made, the player selector turns a turquoise color. this indicates an unsaved change has been made.  this also is reflected when you "optimize" to see the recs.

julian1962 - will look into boxscore issue you mentioned. can't reproduce this as it's working in all scenarios we've checked so far.

torrone - playoff bracket has been fixed.  what version of IE are you using where you are seeing problems?

bbartel - we will look into kindle issue

alleyviper - we will look into box score split vs tab

crabman26 - can you let us know a few examples where you feel you are doing more scrolling and clicking?

dw172300 - iphone 5 overlay has been fixed

rmancil - if you are still having issue with rotation, can you let us know which browser on apple pc?

tomfool - forums link is in top left WIS menu. a little more work to get there, but not much. if this turns to be a common complaint, we'll figure out another spot.  will make the last name text box the default focus in a future fix.

mitt0108 - trade notification count will only update if there's a trade needing your attention

keithjs - DITR icon was an inadvertent removal, we'll look to bring back

gman981981 - the bolding of losing team as bug, has been fixed

alogman1 - the hiearchy save/clear features are working for me in Chrome. if you are still seeing this,can you let me know what world?

mbrfill99 - on mobile, icon to left of WIS logo should open main site nav which should include forum link.

dherz_263 - cannot reproduce the minor league lineup save/copy bump to ML. Are you still seeing this? if so, can you list steps?

MikeT23 - we'll evaluate the World Office module order, we debated this very thing initially. may need to adjust based on seasons played.  veterans probably want what you suggest, newcomers probably want current

articlegend - owner profile font color has been fixed

pjfoster - the copy to clipboard icon was moved to top left area of card

We will be bringing back ability for pitcher to hit other than in #9 hole next week.

For those struggling in IE 11, can you let us know what your compatibility settings are set to? May be related to that.

Please keep the feedback coming. We're doing our best to fix bugs first, while gathering other feedback for adjustments after that.

THANK YOU!!!

10/16/2015 5:59 PM
Im using the site on my Windows 10 machine, as a tablet(rather than laptop mode)...and I have to say, it is WAY more mobile-friendly from a touch UI perspective.  I agree that its a bit clunky as a desktop UI,but if their goal was to go more mobile-friendly.. I'd say mission accomplished.
10/16/2015 7:32 PM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 10/16/2015 6:00:00 PM (view original):
All,

starting on page 6

psychoch - league leaders has always only sorted the standard way since it is the full list of players. team leaders is  a finite list and does not need to hit the server for the sort. This will most likley not change

DodgerBlue13 - we will be reviewing player profile column spacing to try to avoid scrolling. 

outlaw 6-4-3 - be sure to see the quick links added to bottom of page, as well as site map link. helps with advanced navigation on phone. we'll continue to evaluate experience on mobile.  Many devices, many screensizes, etc.

carpetbagger - row contrast colors is something we're looking at.  loss of sort on world list is noted.

robmb - when a managerial player change is made, the player selector turns a turquoise color. this indicates an unsaved change has been made.  this also is reflected when you "optimize" to see the recs.

julian1962 - will look into boxscore issue you mentioned. can't reproduce this as it's working in all scenarios we've checked so far.

torrone - playoff bracket has been fixed.  what version of IE are you using where you are seeing problems?

crabman26 - can you let us know a few examples where you feel you are doing more scrolling and clicking?

rmancil - if you are still having issue with rotation, can you let us know which browser on apple pc?

tomfool - forums link is in top left WIS menu. a little more work to get there, but not much. if this turns to be a common complaint, we'll figure out another spot.  will make the last name text box the default focus in a future fix.

mitt0108 - trade notification count will only update if there's a trade needing your attention

alogman1 - the hiearchy save/clear features are working for me in Chrome. if you are still seeing this,can you let me know what world?

mbrfill99 - on mobile, icon to left of WIS logo should open main site nav which should include forum link.

dherz_263 - cannot reproduce the minor league lineup save/copy bump to ML. Are you still seeing this? if so, can you list steps?

MikeT23 - we'll evaluate the World Office module order, we debated this very thing initially. may need to adjust based on seasons played.  veterans probably want what you suggest, newcomers probably want current

We will be bringing back ability for pitcher to hit other than in #9 hole next week.

For those struggling in IE 11, can you let us know what your compatibility settings are set to? May be related to that.

Please keep the feedback coming. We're doing our best to fix bugs first, while gathering other feedback for adjustments after that.

THANK YOU!!!

I'm using IE11 on a Windows 7 laptop. Main problem is in the lineup and pitching screens. The first few ratings on the left are obscured by the player name. Positions are not clickable. Neither is the ability to move players around in the batting order or from the bench. 
10/16/2015 8:02 PM
tzent, the order of the front page isn't something that would make an owner say "OK, that's it.  I'm done" but a lot of the headlines are relatively pointless to n00bs and vets alike.    Payroll snapshot, parks, most errors(CF), etc, etc, is just filler that can be found elsewhere.    The In Box has stuff like HOF voting, minor league reports, DL time up, etc, etc.   Again, things one can find elsewhere.     It's just a scrolling issue on a desktop.    Again, it's not horrible.    As a commish, I'm checking standings pretty much every day for check-ins(abandonment) and losing streaks(potential tanking).    And I'm checking WC for amusement or potential issues to head off.    They're just more important than Headlines and In Box from my standpoint.
10/16/2015 8:04 PM
I usually check in on a mobile device and I can't find anything more mobile friendly about it actually I can't find anything good about it! Usually don't complain but after years of WIS this piece of crap is the last straw when all my seasons that are paid for is over I will no longer waste money on **** like this update!
10/16/2015 9:05 PM
I saw that you fixed the money in trades showing on the budgets but something is still wrong.   The money is adding to the players salary that I am trading for.   For example I am trading for a pitcher that has about 3 mil left on his salary for the year and the other owner agreed to send me 3 mil in the trade so my budget correctly jumped from 47 to 50.  The issue I am seeing is the my current payroll is 44 so my new payroll should jump to 47 but right now it is showing at a little over 50.   And now my trade will likely be nullified due to me going over payroll. 
10/16/2015 9:21 PM
Other than any player being able to send invites in open leagues, I don't necessarily understand how it is now easier to recruit owners into our leagues. Are there other things I am missing? I just want to know because I get frustrated with not being able to help the worlds that I play in fill faster.
10/17/2015 7:44 AM
Posted by deandg on 10/17/2015 7:44:00 AM (view original):
Other than any player being able to send invites in open leagues, I don't necessarily understand how it is now easier to recruit owners into our leagues. Are there other things I am missing? I just want to know because I get frustrated with not being able to help the worlds that I play in fill faster.
Also, I just received my first invite from a friend in an open world. It would be helpful if the URL is hyperlinked. It was not.
10/17/2015 8:14 AM
Free agent report not loading
10/17/2015 8:46 AM
If this is a repeat subject post, I apologize, but I don't have the time this morning to go through 9 pages of comments.  I like batting my pitcher 8th and a position player 9th.  I haven't been able to figure out how to do that on the new layout.  Am I missing something or is that something that needs to be tweeked?
10/17/2015 10:02 AM
Can't sort minor leaguers by position on the GM edit rosters page.
10/17/2015 10:28 AM
Posted by t2bott on 10/17/2015 10:02:00 AM (view original):
If this is a repeat subject post, I apologize, but I don't have the time this morning to go through 9 pages of comments.  I like batting my pitcher 8th and a position player 9th.  I haven't been able to figure out how to do that on the new layout.  Am I missing something or is that something that needs to be tweeked?
That's been reported about a dozen times so far.  WIS said they'll have that fixed sometime next week.
10/17/2015 10:30 AM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 10/16/2015 6:00:00 PM (view original):
All,

starting on page 6

THANK YOU!!!

Yes still happening, I'm setting a lineup, then saving it, then copying to all, the save works, but I go back to the ml lineup. Seems to only happen when a player is coming on or off rest
10/17/2015 11:38 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...35 Next ▸
October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.