October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Posted by btoy1975 on 10/20/2015 3:40:00 AM (view original):
tzentmeyer-
btoy1975 - can you elaborate on your steps for not being able to put more than one pitcher to rest between saves? are you saying the user interface just doesn't allow you to move the second guy to rest or that only one player saves? we can't reproduce this one.

I'm in spring training so moving pitchers in and out of rest often. I'll put 3 or 4 in rest and then save but only 1 will save the rest will go back to their spots. So I have to move one, then save, move another, save and so on.
Note: this occurs while using Chrome on my android. When I tried other browsers it worked fine.
I'm experiencing the same issue on Firefox on both a Windows 7 and a Windows 8 PC.  I'm also experiencing it (only) in Spring Training.

To recreate:

1)  Pick Player A and set him to rest.  He moves from the "Bullpen" section to the "Rest" section.  No problems so far.

2)  Pick Player B and also set him to rest.  He moves out of the "Bullpen" section, but now appears twice in the "Rest" section.

3)  Pick Player C and do the same.  He is gone from "Bullpen" but now appears three times in "Rest".

At this point, you have Player A once in Rest, Player B twice in Rest, and Player C three times in Rest.

When you click "Save", only Player A stays in Rest.  Players B and C are back in the bullpen.  I assume because they were duplicates in Rest as described above.

This seems to be restricted only to when you are in Spring Training.  When I try to recreate this with one of my teams in the regular season, it works fine.

10/20/2015 8:52 AM (edited)
Posted by tzentmeyer on 10/19/2015 1:10:00 PM (view original):
IE 11 users that have been having display issues, please read.
This fixed the IE display issue for me. Thanks!
10/20/2015 8:40 AM
Agree with tecwrg and btoy1975. Only the first pitcher moved to "Rest" will save. The others will be back in bullpen. Once again, league is in Spring Training and this occurs using IE and Chrome.
10/20/2015 8:50 AM
Posted by runnrun on 10/19/2015 6:54:00 PM (view original):
 Averagejoe on the lineup page there is a link that says open rest section. Click on it and you can move players to rest
Thanks runnrun, I guess that's one way to reduce the amount of scrolling.
10/20/2015 9:45 AM
Another blast of feedback:

rockindock - we verified your bug, appears to only be during spring training. we will fix.

don_wide - we verified your bug (mobile only) and will fix.

tecwrg - agree on row height across many pages, not just lineups/pitchers. we will be addressing.

a_ersberg - verified the probable lineups tab on franchise profile is not loading stats properly. will fix.

jshorne - we will review this one and fix

robmb - we verified bug on level sort on edit roster page with 40-man rosters. will fix

zhbuchanan - you mentioned "management console", have you also verifed your "Manager Settings" page values?

schedule1 - we are adjusting world office layout and will be tweaking font/row colors on other pages (including pbp)

reggiedeal - we are addressing items affecting all users first, but will certainly be focusing on the items you raise as well. And we second begonias' comment that you are a tremendous HBD owner.

Expect another batch of fixes and adjustments this afternoon.

10/20/2015 11:22 AM (edited)
Posted by jshorne on 10/18/2015 5:29:00 PM (view original):
on Android browser, player names don't show up in boxscre. They also are not there when i go into the waiver wire. so i can't click on names and or see what players are even on waivers.

opera isn't much better right now. while players show up, it is extremely hard to scfoll to see their ratings and even worse viewi g their player card (have to use scroll bar to view whole row). Oh and Opera just stopped working three times in a tow trying to look at two guys on waivers.

The PC with Firefox seems to have workable functionality for me. Unfortunately, mobile is now nearly unusable for me.
This is also happening for me. Its making mobile use of wis very difficult. I have a samsung galaxy 3.
10/20/2015 11:15 AM
thanks tom (for the changes, and for putting up with my whining!).

i've been checking once / day since the change, unfortunately, since i find it hard to look at more often.  i think i post my pm game, but i can't tell from the pbp :).

10/20/2015 11:16 AM
krw160 - what type of device and flavor of Android browser are you using?
10/20/2015 11:23 AM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 10/20/2015 11:23:00 AM (view original):
krw160 - what type of device and flavor of Android browser are you using?
Jellybean 4.1.2. Its a galaxy 3.
10/20/2015 2:55 PM
Quick update, seems that on my home pc which is I.E. 11 with JFW 16 as screen reader, I still have the issue of no accessible button to choose level for assignment on roster management page.  Sortable options on international and related pages are showing as Mouseovers that are not activated when using the proper key command and lineup still cannot be set.  Work PC uses same screen reader and browser, but unlike home machine with Windows 8, this one is using windows 7.  The issue with the roster management page does not exist on that system as the buttons for choosing levels work and the issue on the pages like international prospects also goes away, as the sortable links are showing as actual links that can be activated.  The lineup problem however does remain.  As a side note, similar issues with lineup and roster management pages are presenting themselves when going mobile, in my case using an IPhone 5S with iOS 9.0.02 and the Apple Voiceover screen reader for that system.  I'm not as worked up about this tonight seeing the huge number of issues.  I almost wish we had a suspention of game play for 3-4 days though while the basic roster issues are resolved.

One more thing, when looking at the boxscore and play by play, I only see the play by play portion with no stats, and the links to the player names are not accessible, at least with the Windows 8 machine.
10/20/2015 8:59 PM
Also on the IPhone I am using the on board Safari browser.  As another side note, Crome and Safari do not work in the PC world with JAWS, I don't run FireFox but I am tempted to download it and play.  I will take my computer to work tomorrow and compare all of the platforms II am using. 
10/20/2015 9:02 PM
OK, one correction, turns out while I can change my pitcher role on the screen, when I hit save the change is not taking place and allowing me to bring a pitcher from rest to starter.  This is an issue at AA but since I have the management set to be run by the SIM, my top draft pick who I have assigned to AA from my work PC should get a rotation assignment later tonight.  I'm worried about my AAA team, I run that squad and really need to manage my lineup so my young stud prospects don't get hurt.
10/20/2015 9:14 PM
Those references to the minors I should also mention are with my Montreal Expos team in Majors.
10/20/2015 9:15 PM
We just pushed another update this am - learn more.
10/21/2015 9:19 AM
I just sent this reply on my existing customer service ticket. I have a couple roster moves that need to be made to reset my lineups at the MLB level for both my Fargo Cats team in Ichiro and my Montreal Expos team in Majors. I still cannot access this feature to adjust the lineup card.
10/21/2015 11:12 AM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...35 Next ▸
October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.