Beats me.   I've never had a 14 day absentee owner replacement questioned.  So maybe you are an outlier.   I've been asked to provide additional information when attempting to replace an owner prior to 14 days.   As that was outside the precedent they've set, I did the legwork.   In this case, the legwork is done(owner asked to be replaced) AND it's been over 14 days.   This is simply a case of poor customer support, the "B" team as tec mentioned.

At the end of the day, I could send dwoolery a sitemail(having been in worlds with me I know he checks them with no real consistency), wait for his response and forward it to them.   Or I could SM someone in the world he is checking and ask them to TC him to tell him to check his SM.    But, in this case, it's the principal behind it.   I find owners for the worlds I commish, I don't ***** that "WifS needs to something", I find mid-season replacements when I need them, I don't expect WifS to do it for me.   This is THEIR product, not mine, and I don't mind doing those things to sell THEIR product so the money keeps flowing.   I gain something from doing those things(it keeps THEIR product viable for my enjoyment).   I have nothing to gain here.   dwoolery paid his committment.   I have no games scheduled against his team nor do any of the teams I'm playing for a playoff spot.   If WifS is good with allowing THEIR product to be compromised, I'm not chasing an owner to find out what he doesn't like about the new format.   THAT is THEIR job to do in order to keep THEIR product viable.

11/19/2015 10:22 AM
Based on what you're saying, why not take it a step further and say WIS is obligated to proactively identify all teams where the owner has not checked in for 14 days and it is their responsibility to find replacements for them to keep their product viable.  Not going to happen.   It's great, top of the line customer service if they do, but it is not the level of customer service they choose/are able to provide and are willing to accept the risk of not doing it.  Therefore, if it is affecting your enjoyment of the game, you are going to have to go the extra mile to make it happen.   Or you can just choose not to play the game anymore and let them know that, and maybe they'll take action on that threat, or maybe they won't.  
11/19/2015 10:40 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
They have no obligation to replace owners of abandoned teams at all.   They have their money and can wash their hands of any further oversight if they wish.  The fact that they do indicates to me a level of customer service above the bare minimum, and if they ask for some additional information in some cases that is their right, and could be considered customer service to the owner being replaced to ensure it's not being done hastily (even if it's not wanted by the particular owner being replaced, which seems to be the case here).
11/19/2015 11:30 AM
Yeah, you're an idiot.   Do what you said and stop posting.  

However, I was able to pinpoint my extra frustration and it's the inconsistency that annoys me. 

Date User
6/23/2015 3:52 PM MikeT23
Please transfer the Nashville franchise is Cooperstown to extract. See following from current owner.

kelly_mccann 6/22/2015 2:20 PM To some extent yes mon...Sorry to say, I have lost all interest in this game currently.
kelly_mccann 6/22/2015 2:20 PM I often forget to even log in and check teams. I wont be returning to Cooperstown so if it's easier for you to replace me now, feel free to do that. I'm going to use my remaining credits to ride out the Wild DOnkies in MG though.

Thanks
Mike
6/23/2015 3:55 PM Customer Support
Hi Mike,

We have transferred this team to extract.

Please let extract know that they are taking over the team as is and they are now responsible for all win/loss records at all levels of the franchise.

Thank you.

11/19/2015 11:35 AM
Done in record time.   A day later:

6/24/2015 1:52 PM MikeT23
Please transfer Las Vegas in Cooperstown from runnrun to kcclark. Please see forum post from runnrun:

MikeT23
Game Rating: Hall of Famer Forum Rating: Prospect Posts: 39256 (52)MLB - 86 NHL - 1 HD - 26 GD - 1 HBD - 148

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Las Vegas Turkeys Franchise Profile will also be availabe as he's a MWR victim. 6/19/2015 7:16 PM Give the post a positive rating Give the post a negative rating runnrun
Game Rating: Hall of Famer Forum Rating: Prospect Posts: 105 (0)GD - 32 HBD - 73
Block this user
Add this user to favorites willing to turn it over early if you want to keep budget. Let Mike know

Thanks
Mike
6/24/2015 4:03 PM Customer Support
Hi Mike,

Please have runnrun send in a ticket with this reference number, 132196, to verify he is to be replaced.

Thank you.
6/24/2015 4:27 PM MikeT23
Really? A public posting in the classifieds isn't good enough? Ticket 132186 was processed yesterday without this unnecessary hoop-jumping.
6/25/2015 9:44 AM Customer Support
Mike,

It isn't that the posting isn't good enough, it's simply that we cannot find the post made by runnrun.

If you could provide a link to the forum post, that would be helpful.

Thanks.
6/25/2015 9:54 AM MikeT23
I'd say "I'm not trying to be a jerk" but that's not entirely true. runnrun has made two posts in the last month. Using the simple search provided by WifS, I found them in about 4 seconds. So, truth be told, no one looked for it. Nonetheless, here you go:

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=486421&ThreadID=10736347#l_10736347

Point is, getting owners to do things is akin to herding cats. Getting departing owners to go the extra mile is more difficult. I imagine runnrun would have sent confirmation if I asked because he wants to play in one of the worlds I commish. But, for the most part, owners who miss the MWR aren't the most cooperative. If they volunteer in the forums, or trade chat, to transfer early, asking them to do more on their way out the door doesn't seem reasonable.

Thanks
Mike
6/25/2015 10:10 AM Customer Support
Hi Mike,

We did look through your Forum posts, but were unable to find where runnrun stated he would transfer before the season rolls.

We understand that getting departing owners to do anything is more difficult, unless, as you stated, they are in other worlds with you.

We have transferred the team to kcclark. Please let kcclark know that they are taking over the team as is and they are now responsible for all win/loss records at all levels of the franchise.

Thank you for your patience and providing the forum link.
6/25/2015 10:15 AM MikeT23
I have a lot of posts. runnrun doesn't. Would have been much easier to search "runnrun" or "Cooperstown". Anyway, my frustration stemmed from ticket 132186 being processed in record time(probably less than 5 minutes) when I only did a copy/paste of kelly_mccann stating he'd transfer early.

Should the situation arise again, I'll provide the link rather than copy the post.

Thanks
Mike

11/19/2015 11:36 AM
You're throwing facts at someone who has activated a cloak of invisibility to them. Of all the people who commish worlds and read the forums, not one has remotely agreed that the response you got was typical or acceptable. You must have an awful lot of cronies.
11/19/2015 11:59 AM
I guess, if you've come to accept that the world runs solely on "written obligations", alogman has a point.    I'd hope, if I was about to mindlessly walk into traffic, someone would yell "Hey, *******.   Look at all the goddam cars" despite having no written obligation to do so. 
11/19/2015 12:07 PM
What facts are involved here?  It's all opinions on what is an acceptable level of customer service.   Mike feels he is entitled to have CS do everything his way, the way he wants it, when he wants it, and anything less is horrible customer service.   I disagree.  
11/19/2015 12:12 PM
Posted by alogman1 on 11/19/2015 10:03:00 AM (view original):
There's a precedent for them replacing abandoned owners after 14 days without question?   I must be an outlier because I have been asked to provide additional information several times.   There's a precedent for them being the ones to obtain the additional information if there are questions?  I must be an outlier there too, because when additional information was required to complete a transfer, WIS was the one to obtain the information, to borrow a quote from your buddy josh, exactly 0% of the time.
I'd love to see an example of them asking you to find out why an owner wants out.

The fact that I agree with Mike on this and many other issues — leaning toward good-of-the-world over possibly angering one owner — does not make me his buddy. We're in 1 world together, ironically both as replacements who were brought in without the commish having to jump through hoops. A glance at WC would show just how much we are buddies. Not. He thinks I'm a wordy "jackass" and I think he's a smug know-it-all. That we agree on many issues does not make us buddies.

"There's a precedent for them replacing abandoned owners after 14 days without question?" Yes. As noted by at least three owners in this thread.
"There's a precedent fpr them being the ones to obtain the additional information if there are questions?" No. There's precedent for them accepting "replace me" as meaning "replace me," and if the request was not that clear asking us to have owners involved confirm the request. There's no precedent — unless you can show us one — for them asking a commissioner to find out why someone wants to leave.
11/19/2015 12:15 PM
Fact: Owners are frequently replaced based solely on TC/SM. Requests for confirmation are inserted when the TC/SM is unclear, which is not the case here.
Fact: You assumed none of my requests were made after 18 days had passed. You were wrong.
Fact: The owner in question has made clear his abandonment of the team in at least 3 ways
     - TC request to be replaced
     - Sending credit to take care of future obligations
     - Checking in on some worlds but specifically not the one he wants to leave
Fact: It is frustrating when ABC is good enough on Tuesday, but on Wednesday a different responder says we also need DEF.
Fact: At least 3 who commish worlds publicly agree with Mike that the response was wrong. None agree with you that it was correct. In your opinion, wrong as it is, that means everyone who agrees with Mike is his crony.
11/19/2015 12:27 PM (edited)
Well, I guess the precedent that apparently applied only to me in that sometimes they ask for additional information/confirmation before making a transfer and that they won't seek out the information/confirmation themselves, is now becoming more widespread.  Welcome to the new world of being a commissioner in HBD.

And as for the examples you seek out, examples of needing additional information to transfer teams was mentioned in this thread by other owners.  I guess they either don't count because they don't jive with your opinion, or you just skipped over them.   
11/19/2015 12:25 PM
Posted by joshkvt on 11/19/2015 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Fact: Owners are frequently replaced based solely on TC/SM. Requests for confirmation are inserted when the TC/SM is unclear, which is not the case here.
Fact: You assumed none of my requests were made after 18 days had passed. You were wrong.
Fact: The owner in question has made clear his abandonment of the team in at least 3 ways
     - TC request to be replaced
     - Sending credit to take care of future obligations
     - Checking in on some worlds but specifically not the one he wants to leave
Fact: It is frustrating when ABC is good enough on Tuesday, but on Wednesday a different responder says we also need DEF.
Fact: At least 3 who commish worlds publicly agree with Mike that the response was wrong. None agree with you that it was correct. In your opinion, wrong as it is, that means everyone who agrees with Mike is his crony.
Fact: mike, josh or any other owner doesn't get to determine the level of acceptable evidence needed to terminate a purchase agreement between an owner and WIS.  If they wish to acquire additional information/confirmation to ensure the intent is to terminate the purchase agreement, that it is their right.  The fact that josh feels it is blatantly obvious the owner wanted to give up their team couldn't be more irrelevant to the situation.
11/19/2015 12:30 PM
Everyone agrees that they sometimes seek more information. Everyone other than you has found that request limited to confirmation that the owner wants to be replaced. This request was for additional info as to why the owner was leaving. No one else has reported receiving such a request. You're either claiming that you have often received that request or are being intentionally stupid for the fun of it.
11/19/2015 12:30 PM
Whoops. Hadn't seen your last post before responding. Mystery solved. Being intentionally stupid for the fun of it it is. My bad for taking the bait.
11/19/2015 12:31 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.