What to ask in the developer chat? Topic

FWIW, I think DC get bogged down with questions that refer to individual problems and/or issues with gameplay.  "I have too many injuries", "The new fuzzy ratings suck", "Budget increases need to be higher", etc, etc. 

The real issue right now is the health of the game.  That's what should be asked.  

Are there any plans for more customized leagues?
Do you think there's a market that you've been unable to explore?
Is there a long-term plan for this game?

2/5/2016 10:53 AM
I'll add that I think those are the ones pre-chosen to answer because they're easy.

We have not changed the injury engine.  You're just having a run of random bad luck.
While we have had some negative feedback about ratings, the response has largely been positive.
The 4m increments have been part of the game since Day 1.   We currently have no plans to adjust that part of HBD.

2/5/2016 11:02 AM
We saw that tzentmeyer said they're working on solutions for the large number of openings, exploring marketing opportunities.  Most of the open worlds right now rolled 1/20 or later, which implies the retention rate from the discounts offered when the new interface was rolled out was less than expected.  It's good they are taking action now instead of waiting until all of these worlds have been sitting idle for 3 months.   It will be interesting to see what kind of marketing opportunities and increased interest will be generated with the start of Spring Training right around the corner.  The overall retention rate should be higher than the interface update rollout, as the number of people defecting because they didn't like the new look should be minimal going forward.  
2/5/2016 11:13 AM
The real question about exploring marketing opportunities is what are these new, unexplored markets?     I'm not sure one exists unless it's not in North America. 
2/5/2016 11:35 AM
What are you saying Mike? That people in Botswana or Kazakhstan wouldn't be interested in HBD? Isn't Bronxcheer from one of those countries?
2/5/2016 1:04 PM
It seems to me that this game would only have a market where baseball is big.   Japan would seem to be a good fit.   But I'm not sure how something like this fits in that world. 
2/5/2016 1:09 PM
The advantage of having non-speaking foreigners playing in HBD is that they wouldn't have to suffer through endless worldchat posts such as "My backup LF with the injury issues is available for a decent prospect!"
2/5/2016 1:20 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/5/2016 1:09:00 PM (view original):
It seems to me that this game would only have a market where baseball is big.   Japan would seem to be a good fit.   But I'm not sure how something like this fits in that world. 
I feel like if WIS was able to design HBD with an interchangeable Japanese vs English interface it would do amazing. Japan loves sims.

Trade chat may be a bit of a challenge but this would have very big potential.
2/5/2016 1:31 PM
Well, there you have it.

You're welcome, FOX.   Get to work on it. 

2/5/2016 1:33 PM
In celebration of the new Star Wars themed world, I was thinking we should have an ALL CAPS WORLD. EVERYONE CAN COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER IN ALL CAPS. THOUGHTS?
2/5/2016 1:51 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 2/5/2016 1:51:00 PM (view original):
In celebration of the new Star Wars themed world, I was thinking we should have an ALL CAPS WORLD. EVERYONE CAN COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER IN ALL CAPS. THOUGHTS?
WE'VE HAD SCREAMING FRIDAY IN MOONLIGHT GRAHAM FOR YEARS!!!
2/5/2016 1:52 PM
test
2/5/2016 1:59 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/5/2016 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 2/5/2016 1:51:00 PM (view original):
WE'VE HAD SCREAMING FRIDAY IN MOONLIGHT GRAHAM FOR YEARS!!!
I INVENTED USING ALL CAPS AND SCREAMING FRIDAY!!!!!
2/5/2016 2:34 PM
Safe to say that was largely a waste?   Some clown asked about a NFL Dynasty.
2/5/2016 3:14 PM
I wish they had MORE of these developer chats! Once a month or once a quarter I do not feel is too much to ask. It's only an hour..........
2/5/2016 3:35 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
What to ask in the developer chat? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.