Official Greg Oden Tracking Thread Topic

Greg Oden played eight minutes and hit 2-of-3 shots for six points, two rebounds and zero blocks in Wednesday's debut for the Heat.

This was his first action since December of 2009, and while it was great to see him actually play basketball, you have to wonder if the Heat were throwing him into the deep end to see if he would sink or swim. If they feel like he sinks, they could be ready to move onto Andrew Bynum, but that's just speculation on our part. In any case, congratulations to Oden for making his return. Stay tuned to see if he can build off tonight's eight-minute performance, but there's still no reason to pick him up in most leagues.

Jan 15 - 10:29 PM
1/16/2014 12:45 AM
Where are all the guys that said Bynum was better than Howard?

I can not stand Howard.  He's passed Lebron and is now up there with Wade as the most douchy NBA player.  That said, the whole Bynum was better....is and always a  joke.
1/16/2014 12:33 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/16/2014 12:33:00 PM (view original):
Where are all the guys that said Bynum was better than Howard?

I can not stand Howard.  He's passed Lebron and is now up there with Wade as the most douchy NBA player.  That said, the whole Bynum was better....is and always a  joke.
Yeah, Bynum never ever could have been considered better in my opinion.  I believe Bynum has more skill in any of his fingernails than Howard, but Howard's sheer physicality makes him better than Bynum and 98% of all the players in the NBA.

Back on topic, I honestly feel Odom can become a great player again.  The window is still open.  He's young and for being as big and sometimes "lumbering" as he can appear, he is a quick leaper.  Still is, from the highlights I saw of him in his debut.  Big guys who get off the ground quick usually succeed (that's how Gerald Wallace was able to average 10 rb a game one season, quick leaper).  Keeping my fingers crossed for this guy
1/17/2014 12:30 PM
I've been hating for nearly a decade, but I can't say I'm not rooting for Oden at this point.  And I have Pacer season tickets.

I really wish he were the dinged up scrub center on the home bench instead of Bynum.  No idea what Larry's thinking with that retard.
2/13/2014 7:52 PM
Keeping him away from the Heat.
2/14/2014 8:12 PM

12/12/2015 12:29 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11
Official Greg Oden Tracking Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.