No Lakers Thread This Season? Topic

Lakers fans are such bandwagoners.
11/11/2013 12:11 AM
I'm still here but there's no one worth posting with in these forums - just a bunch of encephalitic mouth breathing chowders who can barely type three words and don't know thing one about the game anyway - what's the point of that?
11/11/2013 8:17 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 11/11/2013 12:11:00 AM (view original):
Lakers fans are such bandwagoners.
Yeah, they need more loyal, long-term fans, like the Heat have.
11/11/2013 2:30 PM
No one grows a fan base like Rony Seikaly.
11/11/2013 6:16 PM
Too bad the "Michael Beasley is the face of our Franchise." years had to end so soon.
11/11/2013 7:19 PM
dumb provocation - I don't see any other new team thread in these forums either - I guess acting like a jackass on the internet passes as entertainment for some people
11/13/2013 2:45 PM
Posted by all3 on 11/11/2013 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Too bad the "Michael Beasley is the face of our Franchise." years had to end so soon.
Ditto Dwight Howard.
11/13/2013 9:45 PM
Posted by felonius on 11/13/2013 2:45:00 PM (view original):
dumb provocation - I don't see any other new team thread in these forums either - I guess acting like a jackass on the internet passes as entertainment for some people
qft
11/13/2013 11:04 PM
Dwight can go F- himself - pay attention to what the Dream had to say about him recently - or just picture Nash screaming in his face multiple times last year - have you ever seen Nash scream at another player ever? Dwight pushed Dwight away and in retrospect I'm glad

keep milking your hater boner dude - you're pathetic
11/25/2013 1:53 PM
Kobe pretty much destroyed the Lakers flexibility.  Sure they will still be able to sign a max contract guy this summer, but it means rescinding everyone and putting together a team of minimum contract/veteran minimum rejects to surround Kobe, Nash, Sacre, Young, Rookie, and X free agent.  In other words, they are going to suck during the life of Kobe's extension.  And since they only have draft picks every other year for awhile, they aren't even going to be able to maximize talent through the draft.  It was a totally ridiculous contract for the Lakers to enter into.  They would have been better off letting him walk at that price and trying to lure two max contracts to L.A.
11/25/2013 3:20 PM
Posted by felonius on 11/25/2013 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Dwight can go F- himself - pay attention to what the Dream had to say about him recently - or just picture Nash screaming in his face multiple times last year - have you ever seen Nash scream at another player ever? Dwight pushed Dwight away and in retrospect I'm glad

keep milking your hater boner dude - you're pathetic
Don't know about the boner part, but agree 100% with the rest.
11/25/2013 3:38 PM
LOL, Dwight left us, well he sux!

Agree with moranis for the most part. I just don't see what star is going to want to be a 36/37 year olds sidekick when there's not enough cash to bring on more pieces.
11/25/2013 4:17 PM
Kobe's resigning was at least as much about business as it was basketball.  Love him, or hate him, fans come to see Kobe.  There aren't many players in the NBA that can be said about.
11/25/2013 5:33 PM
Bill Simmons often talks about three types of people:

You can be Michael, Fredo, or Sonny.

Kobe clearly made the Sonny choice.  Duncan made the Michael choice.  I am expecting Melo to make the Fredo choice.

Kobe made a short term decision that focused on him in the moment.  Regardless of how much Kobe gets paid the fans, Nike, and everyone else is going to find him, but by not taking less hampers team growth in the next couple of years.  The Lakers will not be contenders unless some other GM wants to give them another sweetheart deal.
11/25/2013 6:12 PM
Players want to play for the Lakers (and Celtics), for the same reason guys in other sports want to play for the Cowboys or the Yankees.  They want to play for a storied franchise, that always has at least a shot of winning it all, while being in the spotlight.  Do you think guys really grew-up saying "I want to be a Raptor.", or "Some day I want to play for Memphis."?  For some players it's about winning, for others it's about money, but for some it's about the experience.  Those players will always chose the Lakers, if the Lakers give them the chance.
11/25/2013 6:26 PM
12 Next ▸
No Lakers Thread This Season? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.