2014 NBA Offseason Thread Topic

Cleveland should withdraw  their offer.  Yeah go ahead Minny, enjoy your 2 bench warmers from Chicago. 

7/22/2014 5:07 PM
Saw that Denver is still in the mix as well and ahead of Chicago in terms of a package Minnesota is interested in.

I also see Minnesota is wanting to package JJ Barea and Kevin Martin in the deal? Is there any way Cleveland can do that financially without a third team involved?

7/22/2014 9:49 PM
Kevin Love gets traded to the Cavs for Wiggins, Bennett, and a future 1st.

Apparently the Cavs front office doesn't take their cues from all3 and bkbillups, who said Wiggins wouldn't be in the deal.
8/8/2014 11:42 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 8/8/2014 11:42:00 AM (view original):

Apparently the Cavs front office doesn't take their cues from all3 and bkbillups, who said Wiggins wouldn't be in the deal.
Nice try, not what I posted though. From reading your prior post I take it you're the type of person that hates to be contradicted, or corrected, but loves to correct others....seem right?

Any who, the "firm agreement" by Love to resign in 2015 is fascinating to me though. Hope Cleveland fans aren't having Boozer deja vu.
8/9/2014 12:01 AM

As bk stated above, nice try.  Why the desire to twist people's words?  NEVER did I say Cleveland wouldn't include him, just that they weren't three weeks ago.  We all know NBA teams don't have the capability of changing their trade offers over a three week period, right?  If you feel the need to keep score, how about giving me a point for saying Minnesota wouldn't accept Wiggins unless he was signed; why else would Cleveland have done that and delayed the whole process?  Other than him not being in the original offer, that is. 
8/10/2014 10:29 AM
Posted by bkbillups on 8/9/2014 12:01:00 AM (view original):

Nice try, not what I posted though. From reading your prior post I take it you're the type of person that hates to be contradicted, or corrected, but loves to correct others....seem right?

Any who, the "firm agreement" by Love to resign in 2015 is fascinating to me though. Hope Cleveland fans aren't having Boozer deja vu.
that firm commitment is against league by-laws and if they can prove it existed this trade may fall through and both teams may be subject to penalties

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/551968
8/10/2014 2:40 PM
I'm not going to go deep and rehash what you people said, it was pretty much believing that Wiggins wouldn't be traded. As I said earlier the Cavs were just playing hardball, hoping Minny would take spare parts for Love.

Any commitment is against by-laws, but it's unenforceable without proof. Only Minny was dumb enough to ever put an illegal agreement on paper, which they did with Joe Smith.
8/13/2014 5:01 PM
Still incorrect stine, I asked when Wiggins was thrown in trade rumors. Then when it came out he was, I said Minnesota would have to accept.

If you're going to try and feed your ego, get your facts right.
8/14/2014 3:30 PM
Posted by felonius on 8/10/2014 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bkbillups on 8/9/2014 12:01:00 AM (view original):

that firm commitment is against league by-laws and if they can prove it existed this trade may fall through and both teams may be subject to penalties

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/551968
The league isn't going to hurt Bron Bron.
8/14/2014 4:04 PM
Anybody have a take where Ray Allen is going to play?
Will it be the Cavs, Wiz, Spurs, Bulls, or the Clips.
Would love to see him come to Atlanta, but realistically I know that won't happen.
9/8/2014 9:17 AM
Those stupid Warriors... Um, what were we thinking?
5/25/2015 9:57 PM
I thought they were making a huge mistake not giving Klay+Lee+whatever for Love. Oops.
5/26/2015 1:59 AM
I'm not sure how much of a mistake that would have been given GS really could use an interior offensive scorer, which Love is, especially from a guy that can still bomb from the outside.  Now obviously GS is the clear favorite to win the title without the trade, but I think that is mostly because Love isn't playing and Irving is banged up.  I'd fully expect a healthy Cleveland squad to be a fairly solid favorite against the Warriors.
5/26/2015 9:50 AM
Posted by moranis on 5/26/2015 9:50:00 AM (view original):
I'm not sure how much of a mistake that would have been given GS really could use an interior offensive scorer, which Love is, especially from a guy that can still bomb from the outside.  Now obviously GS is the clear favorite to win the title without the trade, but I think that is mostly because Love isn't playing and Irving is banged up.  I'd fully expect a healthy Cleveland squad to be a fairly solid favorite against the Warriors.
I wouldnt trade Thompson for Love at all now. Not even close in my mind.
5/26/2015 1:44 PM
Thompson is an excellent shooter, no question, but he doesn't provide you with a whole lot else.  I'd take Love's all around offensive game over Thompson's any day of the week. 
5/27/2015 8:12 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
2014 NBA Offseason Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.