fyi - vis Monkee’s silence Topic

Posted by steelers821 on 8/29/2013 9:44:00 PM (view original):
why did they decide to let him back on the site?

Say what you will about monkee, but he has won more championships, been to the playoffs more, and played more games than anyone in WIS basketball history.  He is a paying customer that has paid thousands to play on the site and the people that play here play because we love basketball and not because we love WIS.  As any paying customer monkee deserves a modicum of customer service and he feels that this site, as do many of us, has been bereft of such service.

The admins (and specifically seble) have no respect for the players/customers (I wish he would site mail me so we could have a reasonable dialogue about my level of disdain).  There is a suggestion thread that has gone unnoticed.  We have made several suggestions and they all fall on deaf ears.  Basketball used to have double the active guys and now not so much.  Draft leagues had waitlists that could take two or three seasons to actually get to play.  Now draft leagues can take a couple of weeks to fill due to difficulty finding players.  The inactivity of the admins is something that monkee has pointed out time and time again.  Sure he can be a tad bit caustic, but a lot of that is his passion for the game (and some is his personality - and no one really wants to neuter anyone's personality).
8/30/2013 1:13 AM
Yeah, who wants a neutered monkee?
And yeah, WIS' NBA SIM customer service s*cks BIG TIME - and has for several years now.  So much so that dozens of owners who would usually have multiple teams got sick of it and left.  Maybe it's seble, maybe it's FOX, or maybe something else, but the facts are the facts, no matter how much WIS doesn't like us to point them out.
8/30/2013 9:00 AM
Lots of us are still around, though. What happened to scud and garyman?
8/30/2013 11:52 AM
scud is still here.. he posted a thread about 2 weeks ago 
8/30/2013 11:54 AM
correction... scud just returned after an absence.
8/30/2013 3:10 PM

I don't believe they ever did - I've never seen him post or play in any leagues at least since I've joined which was only a couple years ago
8/30/2013 4:29 PM
Posted by felonius on 8/30/2013 4:29:00 PM (view original):

I don't believe they ever did - I've never seen him post or play in any leagues at least since I've joined which was only a couple years ago
Quote of the year
9/1/2013 10:45 AM
good times, bad times, old times, new times... game on, fishbait!  ; )
9/14/2013 3:56 AM
Posted by seble on 2/1/2010 11:09:00 PM (view original):
While e-monk and I have a long history (and he's the one with the inexplicable vendetta), this ban is not about that. Over the years he's cultivated a negative atmosphere in these forums and would dominate any thread in order to twist it to his agenda.

This began years ago, back when the NBA game was getting frequent updates, so this is not just because of what's happened over the past year or so. His expectations for this game (in a nutshell, extremely low game-to-game variance) are different than ours and instead of accepting the game and either enjoying it as is or leaving, he decided to stay and take every opportunity to insult the game and insult me personally.

This also made me hesitant to post in the forums because without fail every time I did, the thread spiraled out of control quickly in a bitter tirade.

I've been tagged a liar for giving an indication of upcoming plans and then having those plans change for whatever reason. On the flip side, I've been called vague and noncommittal for not making hard promises. So that's a no-win situation for me.

The bottom line is that the last thing I want to do is punish anyone. The whole point of this site is for people to come and enjoy some games and take part in a community of like-minded sports fans. If you enjoy the game as it is then keep playing and have fun. If you don't enjoy it then maybe take a break and check back periodically to see if updates have been made.
 If you enjoy the game as it is then keep playing and have fun. If you don't enjoy it then maybe take a break and check back periodically to see if updates have been made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
8/14/2014 2:08 PM
can't believe this was 4.5 years ago.
8/16/2014 4:32 AM
Posted by ashamael on 8/16/2014 4:32:00 AM (view original):
Can't believe this was 4.5 years ago, and we STILL haven't had an update to the game..
8/16/2014 9:57 AM
Posted by all3 on 8/16/2014 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 8/16/2014 4:32:00 AM (view original):
Can't believe this was 4.5 years ago, and we STILL haven't had an update to the game..
Can't believe that you can't believe that we haven't had an update in 4.5 years!
8/16/2014 4:32 PM
Guess it's because I was around for the "good old days", when WIS actually cared, and the game made sense.
8/16/2014 6:03 PM
Posted by all3 on 8/16/2014 6:03:00 PM (view original):
Guess it's because I was around for the "good old days", when WIS actually cared, and the game made sense.
man, you messed up the chain.  I was hoping you'd come back with another "can't believe" that I couldn't believe that you couldn't believe that I couldn't believe!
8/17/2014 4:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10 Next ▸
fyi - vis Monkee’s silence Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.